Login |  Register |  FAQ

Necromunda in Space: Introduction and Index

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:29 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Hey all, first time posting on NiS, but I've read it since the beginning. Well, maybe I did post awhile back and forgot....? Anyway, seeing as to the whole thing slowing down in the last 2 years, I think we need to jump start this thing. Now, I personally use a bit more of the Rogue Trader rules in my games, and really, I think the fundamental idea of NiS works in multiple rules sets. For this reason and because we already have the 'microgames' (Necromunda) to use for combat and what not, I think we need to start further developing the metagame, perhaps beyond just die rolls to see profits and all. Maybe some way of generating planets, as well as a way of generating planets on a graph paper map or something to allow exploration and expanding game play. Just ideas, but I don't want to see this idea die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:36 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Is this still alive? I want more of the space action. As posted above, we have I-munda, necro-40k rules galore for the combat sequences. What about the space faring and profit generating action?

Post subject: Re: Necromunda in Space: Introduction and Index
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:03 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Ok let's brainstorm...

What about Working on a scale of planet - star system - galaxy? So, there are between 8 and 20 types of planet, systems come in maybe 8 kinds, and we have three main kinds of galaxy which further divide into perhaps 12 sorts.

Oh. well that's plenty to be getting on with.

Planet chart will be fun to knock up, ditto Systems and Galaxies. My guess is galaxies contain routes of set numbers of systems (plus other stuff floating about!), which contain various numbers of planets, some of which will be more common than others (or predetermined according to galaxy?)

But what kind of game effects, if any, could a differing system/galaxy have? Planetary conditions are easy but playing under differing suns... low gravity... i guess galaxy would just be for mapping purposes.

Anyone?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:11 pm 
Gunner
Gunner

RTJEBADIA wrote:
Hey all, first time posting on NiS, but I've read it since the beginning. Well, maybe I did post awhile back and forgot....? Anyway, seeing as to the whole thing slowing down in the last 2 years, I think we need to jump start this thing. Now, I personally use a bit more of the Rogue Trader rules in my games, and really, I think the fundamental idea of NiS works in multiple rules sets. For this reason and because we already have the 'microgames' (Necromunda) to use for combat and what not, I think we need to start further developing the metagame, perhaps beyond just die rolls to see profits and all. Maybe some way of generating planets, as well as a way of generating planets on a graph paper map or something to allow exploration and expanding game play. Just ideas, but I don't want to see this idea die.

You could also try the zone mortalis rules over at FW. Has anyone used the ZM tiles for games of NiS or ZM yet? If you have pics please post them. :D

http://star-ranger.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 5833#15833