Login |  Register |  FAQ

Necromunda in Space: Introduction and Index

Post subject: Necromunda in Space: Introduction and Index
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:06 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Necromunda in Space is an ongoing fan rules project based on the Necromunda rules set. The general premise is the same: you are the leader of a rag tag band of personalities who advance and become more powerful over time. Only this time, instead of leading a gang in the underhive, you are the captain of a ship sailing on the edge of human space. Whether you are running trade from one planet to the next, hunting bounties, dabbling in a bit of piracy, or bringing the light of the Emperor to the galaxy's furthest reaches, there is bound to be danger and adventure on the way.

For the Necro in Space rules set, we are tying to blend the best parts of miniature and role playing games together. The player (or players) will be squaring off against a GM whose job is to create interesting and challenging encounters for the player to face and overcome. To help the GM create encounters that are challenging but fun, NiS will have a ready reckoner-type system to allow the GM match the power of his force to the players crew, allowing the two sides to battle it out in a fight that is reasonably well balanced.

Since NiS is still in production, anyone who has anything to contribute should feel free to do so. How do you contribute? Easy enough: either you can jump into a thread in the index and contribute to the discussion there, or you could grab a topic off the to-do list, start up a thread with some ideas about it, and I'll add it to the index. Or, if you have another idea of something that would add to the character of the game, post it, and I'll link it in.

Update: I've posted the project so far on the rpg.net wiki. Take a look: http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/NiS

Auz

New Version

Necromunda -- Privateer v.9

Overview Topics
NiS Master Document

New Name for NiS

Vote for a New NIS Name

Tau in Nis

Eastern Fringe Background

Post-game Phase
Income and Rare Trade

Post-game Events

Cargo Types

Crew Creation
Gang Creation

Archetypes

Revised Archetypes

New Skill Tables

Skills Brainstorming

Ship Creation
Ship Creation: Template or Customizable

Travel and Space Combat
Ship-to-Ship Combat

Travel Events and Ship to Ship Combat

Trade Events

GM Tools
GM Power Gage

Last edited by Auzure on Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:22 am 
Private
Private

How much is ther needed to be done to it? I have had a quick look and can't see any holes, but what else needs doing?

Is it possible to put the whole lot in a single file for printing?

I am not sure about how the wiki thing works. How do people agree on changes?

Post subject: quote the wiki
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:54 pm 
Knight ov Discord

...and "Easter Fringe" are trademarks owned by Games Workshop...

Agree? On a wiki? LOL!!! you noob! nobody agrees on a wiki! You have never seen a wiki-war? basicly, 2 people come to the wiki every day, one at morning and one at night. One comes in the morning and changes the wiki, one comes at night and changes it back.

You can see this in real wikipedia stubs such as the one on Allysa Melano. I was doing research on her because her mother Lin runs Bill Mahar's website. (yup. reverse DNS lookups and directory hacking can tell you alot about a website.) anyway, if you look at the revision history on Allysa's wikipedia stub, you can see that every night someone comes and adds that she has been in p0rn, and every morning someone comes and takes it off.

You should see the revision history for the JFK stub.

Oh, and nis was my idea. Truckler just stole it from me. That is why I don't tell anyone anything about what I have planned in chatrooms anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:30 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Hi All,

is there available an easy-printable version of the mentioned files for NIS? Is there a place where we can find all the material for NIS? Hope to have the path soon,
UNDRHiver 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:31 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

UNDERHiver-

Thanks for your interest!

As of right now, unfortunately, I don't have all the NIS rules compiled into one document. This is my current project, however, so I'll keep you posted.

Until then, the best resource is http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/NiS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:57 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Hi,

I'm new to NiS.

Recently I got the urge to create a game using Serenity as a base. I can see a lot here is inspired by Serenity, but there are some ideas I don't agree with. I'll post up anything I feel will add to it, and participate in discussion, but in the end I think I'll have something slightly different which I will eventually post up.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:59 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Is anyone still interested in any of this? Am I resurrecting dead threads for no good reason?

Either way, they're a great resource.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:38 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Roderz,

Thanks for showing interest. Don't worry, I'm still interested in it. Unfortunately, I've been crunched with work lately so haven't had any time to turn to it.

My next project is to collet the rules I have so far (McCragge and Truckler have offered to post them on the site).

I'll keep you updated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:54 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Hi Auzure,

After reading the preface to AI, and cooking a few ideas over, I posted something over at the SG boards here, if you want to take a look...

Gary

v7.3 pdf

Human armed forces for the greater good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:38 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

what are the rules for ship assults any good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:07 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

Hi There,

I'm new to Eastern Fringe but I've been looking over this idea for the past few days now. And I have to say it sound very exciting.

Now, I have looked through the available resources and only have one comment. How do we play?

I know the rules are unfinished and I can see that the majority of the references and rules are there. But I cant see any form of 'Campaign Guide' for lack of a better word.

I mean I know I have a ship and a crew, but do I get to choose what planet I go to? or is randomly determined? or does the GM decide?
Do some planets have different 'events' occuring on them? e.g civil war, natural disasters, gold rush etc.

Most importantly I think that a turn sequence and types of senario are missing, I read a lot about how to get to a planet in my ship, but have no idea why I am flying there and how it takes part in the game. Do I fly into a skirmish everytime? or while I am on the ground restocking can something happen?

I just think it could do with a loose structure of how turns playout and how exactly crews move from one place to another and the options open to them.

You mention it being flexible in the wiki information, so I think it would be prudent to have fixed sets of rules in place (customisable) that people can disregard and roleplay instead if they want to.

I like the game because of tactics involved, choosing weapons, gangers and playing the games, I'm not going to be interested in full on roleplaying where I am and where I'm going.

Anyway, sorry to come charging in asking loadsa questions. Its all looking really good and I'm looking forward to giving it a go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:06 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Location: Ash Falls, The Underhive, Necromunda (Southampton, UK)
I had a similar idea for a game in 40k (pretty much identical to this actually) but never persued it - glad to see someone has!

I downloaded the rules for Necromunda:Privateer (http://easternfringe.com/forum/portal.php?page=61) and got inspired to create a gang/crew - so much so that I ordered the minis and 'Firefly' last night (*cough* Slaanesh bless my student loan! *cough).

I am yet to read these rules but am deffinately interested! I will have a butcher later and offer any suggestions.

From reading N-P I agree with Jimini (BTW Welcome to EFF! easily the best gaming forum on the web!) in that a more deffiante way to go between scenarios would be nice and a more solid way to generate GM-contolled-forces. I know the role-play element can be used but having a set base would be nice.

Can't wait to see the finished product and hope can be of some help!

EDIT - Just had a look through the rules so far - very impressed!

My idea with regards to the crew though - When generating a ship/crew you could be done in 2 sections -> 1) The 'landing party' is given X credits to be created from and is what you use when fighting 2) The 'ship bound' where you get X credits to generate your ship and its dedictaed crew (pilot, engineer, navigator etc.). Thes guys could then be given specific stats/skills to use in what is effectively a different system of play. If you want to use them on the table, in the same sense as the 'landing party' then you can just agree the stats with the GM (thanks to the RPG element)

EDIT - It's 0345am and I have just ordered my gangs guns from Hasslefree...damn, I'm getting into this...I should also sort my sleeping patterns out...

"This is blood for blood and by the gallon. These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choice left. And I'm ready for war" - Marv, Sin City #1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:30 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thanks for the interest and encouragement guys. I've been tied up with work for a while, but I've been slowly (but surely) turning my attention back to this project. (I even managed to play a game a couple of weekends back).

Blackjack, I'm looking forward to seeing your crew take shape! (I'm going to fire up a seperate thread to address some substantive ideas).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:55 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Hi there Auzure,

Today was the first time I looked at the NiS stuff you have made and I must say... Im wowed by the idea... its sooo cool... dont wanna sound like a stupid fanboy or anything, but thats some seriously cool ideas youve got there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:55 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thanks Poochée for the encouragement. NIS has been a fun project.

Let me know your thoughts, suggestions, and new ideas once you've had a chance to digest the rules.

Auz