Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Weapons Brainstorming

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:07 pm 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

FlashbackJon wrote:
I would also posit that it's easier to sling a rifle on your back than a bow, and you still can't do that - so my vote is two-handed Basic weapon.

seconded.
even if you sling the bow accross your back, it would limit your ability to fight. also, you can do it to a rifle, so you cant do it to a bow either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:39 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Strength based sounds interesting for a bow.

The main balance change I included for my bows was to make them move-or-fire. This works for two reasons. It makes other firearms defaultly more generally useful and in addition represents the much lower rate of fire.

Even a pro archer can't let loose too many accurate shots in a short time frame on the run. Still looks interesting... reminds me of Turok for some reason.

If you post any rules on this forum, consider them officially stolen ^_^
... and deposited:
http://easternfringe.com/efwiki/index.p ... ouse_Rules

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:08 pm 
Private
Private

what do people think about shields? (I am pretty sure this hasn't been discussed on this thread yet, but feel free to shout at me if it has).

I have a bunch of models, that are perfect for ratskins. They're old shockforce models I think.

Anyways, one of them has a shield. I've been using it as a 6+ save and it costs 15 points. What do people think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:32 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I have shields.

Bucklers are 10 credits, no attack but grant parry.

Light shield are 15 credsits, grant a parry in close combat and gives a 6+ save against projectile weapons and melee weapons

... and deposited:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:13 pm 
Private
Private

Goobahfish wrote:
I have shields.

Bucklers are 10 credits, no attack but grant parry.

Light shield are 15 credsits, grant a parry in close combat and gives a 6+ save against projectile weapons and melee weapons

Okay, that sounds good. When you say melee and projectile, you mean anything but template?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:24 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

No I basically mean handbows... and other custom weapons (thrown spears, crossbows, handbows, rocks?).

... and deposited:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:20 am 
Private
Private

Goobahfish wrote:
No I basically mean handbows... and other custom weapons (thrown spears, crossbows, handbows, rocks?).

I thought you might mean that.

is flak armor supposed to be like kevlar? I had assumed that mesh armor was like kevlar, and that flak armor was like flak armor and if that is the case it seems like a shield should give a 6+ against most things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:48 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Over at DakkaDakka there are a bunch of modellers who have been working on quite some impressive stuff. However, they aren't playing Necromunda in it's pure form but a variant called "=][=Munda" which contains more Inquisitor oriented stuff and potentially also some RPG elements.

Now all that got me intrigued in Necromunda and made me think how cool it would be to have a potential "=][=Munda" ASP Supplement to offer to players, similarly to what EarthScorpion has been doing for Dark Heresy. So this thread will basically be a collection of ideas, goodies, etc for the creation of an "ASP Supplement" in which gangs, Inquisitors and whatever else can battle each other out on a more skirmish level game. Or perhaps a separate =][=Munda section, but that shouldn't be that much of a problem since the ASP supplement for Necromunda would simply be some weapons and characters.

But ok, weapon stats: (taken from here)

Meksum-pattern "Sledgehammer" Autopistol
The Sledgehammer is an expensive weapon, favouring armour penetration over stopping power. It is typically used by law enforcers, who must be prepared to engage criminals who are as well-equipped as themselves. Its major disadvantage is the lack of ammunition, because even with a relatively low firing rate, it is fully possible to empty the clip in a single burst. Compared to many stubguns, the Sledgehammer is quite large for a pistol, but the virtual lack of recoil due to the case-less ammunition makes it a fairly accurate weapon, even for inexperienced users. Unlike many other autopistols, the "Sledgehammer" is compatible with various gunsights such as range finders and laser sights, which can be inserted in the autopistol itself, underneath its gun barrel. This type of advanced compatibility is quite rare for such a primitive weapon

Cost: 17 Credits

Stats:
Range: 0-8 (short) 8-16 (long)
To Hit: +2 (shot) - (long)
Strength: 3
Damage: 1
Save Mod: -1
Ammo Roll: 5+

"Vulcan Gamma" Autopistol:
The "Vulcan Gamma" autopistol, normally referred to only as the "Vulcan", is a relatively new autopistol design, with a much improved rate of fire compared to its predecessors. The Invictona pattern variant is actually believed to have been designed illegally by Invictonian guilds, but has spread to other sectors regardless. With a legendary 1500 rounds per minute, the "Vulcan" can empty its entire standard clip of ammunition in less than one second, making it horribly powerful at close ranges. As the "Vulcan" fires caseless ammunition, similar to most other auto-weapons in the Imperium, its clips are considerably more light weight than stubgun equivalents, which is fortunate considering the amount of clips needed for an average firefight. The Invictona pattern "Vulcan" normally comes with a 15-round magazine, and is designed to fire on full auto or in bursts of three bullets. The major problem with the "Vulcan", of course, is that it tends to run out of ammunition in very little time. Many non-sanctioned weapon factories produce a compatible 30-round extended magazine for the "Vulcan", which saves time spent on reloading, but presents a big risk in that the weapon is not designed for 30-round bursts of fire. As a result, the use of extended magazines tends to jam the weapon, causing overheating and even misfires.

Stats:
Range: 0-8 (short) 8-16 (long)
To Hit: +2 (short) - (long)
Damage: 2 (short) 1 (long)
Save Mod: -
Ammo Roll: 5+

Anargo-pattern "Punisher XIX" Laspistol:
The "Punisher XIX" is a highly advanced laspistol that was developed in a joint effort between the Imperial Commissariat and the Adeptus Arbites, to provide the two organisations with a cheaper alternative to the hellpistol and less cumbersome alternative to the bolt pistol. The result was a tremendous success, and the "Punisher XIX" is commonly seen used by Commissars and Arbitrators across the Imperium. Capable of using both standard and hot-shot energy clips, the "Punisher XIX" offers the possibility considerably more powerful impacts at the cost of fewer shots. The higher armour penetration of the hot-shot setting is what makes the weapon invaluable for Commissars and Arbitrators, who may often find themselves fighting enemies with flak armour, or even other Imperial soldiers with heavier armour. The "Punisher XIX" laspistol is highly sought after in the black market, but because it is normally restricted to Commissars and Arbitrators, it is a very rare find for criminals.

Stats:
Range: 0-12 (short) 12-24 (long)
To Hit: +1 (short) - (long)
Save Mod: -2
Ammo Roll: 2+

More coming soon, got to study now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:51 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

that last laspistol should be 30 creds, not 17... it is a lasgun with better armor penetration and a pistol grip after all... and lasguns cost 25 creds...

i also think that it should be a rare item because it is really powerful :x|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:34 am 
Recruit
Recruit

I've been playing a lot of the rp game Dark Heresy, where you can play as a scum (from a hive world, lika a juve/ganger). There I found an alternative of a autogun i found interesting. I modified it for necro with a few changes.

Armageddon Pattern Autogun [Basic] 20 credits

Range To Hit Save Ammo
Short Long Short Long Str. Dmg Mod. Roll
0-7 7-14 +1 - 4 1 - 4+

I also looked up a new Heavy weapon and modified it.

Crank cannon [Heavy] 40 credits

Range To Hit Save Ammo
Short Long Short Long Str. Dmg Mod. Roll
0-12 12-24 - - 4 1 -1 4+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:24 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

hi guys, if i posted a link to some weapons i did, would you guys want to review em and let me know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:42 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Well, I saw that you couldn't read the stats so well after i posted it, so I'll wright it again.

Armageddon Pattern Autogun [Basic] 20 credits

Short 0-7 +1
Long 7-14 - 4 1 - 4+
Str. 4
Dmg 1
Save mod. -
Ammo roll 4+

Crank cannon [Heavy] 40 credits

Short 0-12 -
Long 12-24 -
Str. 4
Dmg 1
Save mod. -1
Ammo roll 4+

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:28 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

Malika
Quote:
Anargo-pattern "Punisher XIX" Laspistol:
The "Punisher XIX" is a highly advanced laspistol that was developed in a joint effort between the Imperial Commissariat and the Adeptus Arbites, to provide the two organisations with a cheaper alternative to the hellpistol and less cumbersome alternative to the bolt pistol. The result was a tremendous success, and the "Punisher XIX" is commonly seen used by Commissars and Arbitrators across the Imperium. Capable of using both standard and hot-shot energy clips, the "Punisher XIX" offers the possibility considerably more powerful impacts at the cost of fewer shots. The higher armour penetration of the hot-shot setting is what makes the weapon invaluable for Commissars and Arbitrators, who may often find themselves fighting enemies with flak armour, or even other Imperial soldiers with heavier armour. The "Punisher XIX" laspistol is highly sought after in the black market, but because it is normally restricted to Commissars and Arbitrators, it is a very rare find for criminals.

Stats:
Range: 0-12 (short) 12-24 (long)
To Hit: +1 (short) - (long)
Save Mod: -2
Ammo Roll: 2+

i thought arbites/enforcer weapons had trackers on them so if they were stolen/lost they could be recovered?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:57 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Probably been put forward before but:

Variable Beam LasGun

As a standard lasgun except can be switched to a ST 4 shot with 6+ ammo roll if fired this way.

Cost: As lasgun + 2D6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:39 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Jack The Snipper wrote:
Hand Weapons-
This could be some brass knuckles, claws, whatever somes to mind.
10 credits, strength user, +1 initiative for determining the winner in a draw.

The best hand weapon for me is the brass knuckles, it's a very effective hand weapon. I always bring my brass knuckles and its easy to hide.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next