Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Custom Miniatures with 3d printing

Post subject: Re: Custom Miniatures with 3d printing
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:05 am 
Private
Private

Thanks for your questions and suggestions Jester_jonas

I am currently in the middle of an overhaul of all my figures. I've been working out some scaling issues and streamlining my sculpting process. There is also a chance that some resin casting might be happening in the future, but nothing is finalized on that yet. A heavy weapons spru is a great idea! I can't believe I didn't think of it. With the closed holsters, did you want a weapon inside it if they aren't already holding pistols? I will be releasing many more gang members in the future with a much wider range of weapons, so slug guns will definitely be in the mix.

I would love your feedback

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Holster with a gun in it , as a holster can have any pistol in it , makes the mini more usefull . Don´t matter if they are holding a gun or not (even the ones with 2 pistols already) .

Great what will be the benifit of resin casts ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:53 am 
Private
Private

the hope is that they will be stronger and cheaper.

I would love your feedback

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:01 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Hey

I see that you have put up some new stealth ladies on shapeways :) And they look awsome .

Now to my question , how its the other stealth ladies comming along ?

Would also love a stealth lady Leader and "ganger" with the same poses as the ones in "Miners Echothemirage Mix" ( the dual autopistol one) .

Loving your work and looking forward too see what´s coming next .

Edit : Couldent wait so i put in a order on some of the new ones :)

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:46 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Got my minis today and noticed that the slugrifle models were diffrent . They are frosted detail on shapeways compared to ultra frosted detail on the other ones .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:57 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

I ordered one of the mixed bag mining ladies. I left a comment on Shapeways for you Notnorm, but I thought I'd put more feedback here.

I'm very impressed with the level of detail and resolution of the printing. When I first saw these sculpts 12-18 months ago I thought the designs were cool but that the finished product was not fit for purpose due to the granularity of the printing.

Well, these ones have definitely convinced me. I find it weird that the material is clear (makes it harder to make out the details but I'm sure there's a scientific or cost reason for it) but I've not noticed any graininess. The material seems tough although it is brittle, so on models that have skinnier features than these parts might break off.

Notnorm, the only other criticism, as I said before, is they are slightly too big. I'm going to use them in my Orlock gang and they each stand around 1-2mm taller than those guys. As I said on the shapeways comment though, mid-90s GW sculpts may literally be 28mm while the scale has crept up over the last twenty years. I guess for me it's frustrating because I'm only really going to use them next to old Necro models.

I'm working on painting some of them up for a comparison shot, but it'll be a little while.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Heya

I was wondering if u are finished with the overhaul on the leader / heavy models . And i would also like to see a Stealh Lady heavy with a missle launcher and one with a grenade launcher .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:02 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

I'm just perusing your webshop, this is very exciting :D I'v ebeen away, and this development had totally passed me by. The sculpts are very handsome indeed, you've another customer as soon as I can sort my fiscal position out.

I've noticed some people saying they're a bit tall compared to the original GW sculpts, my solution would be to use a thinner base, I already use 2 pence coins instead of slottabases (same diameter as a slotta, but only 1.8mm tall)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 am 
Private
Private

First of all, I'm very impressed!

Can the models be moulded with smaller details? Personally I find them a bit 'chunky'. I prefer miniatures to look realistic and never much like the GW outsize guns and equipment.

Spyrers? They are difficult to get hold of and very expensive now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:35 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

GuardianLight wrote:
Can the models be moulded with smaller details? Personally I find them a bit 'chunky'. I prefer miniatures to look realistic and never much like the GW outsize guns and equipment.

The outsize guns and equipment are what make these work for me, as they're rare on non-GW models. There are loads of options for gangers with 'realistic' guns out there already.

Also, the renders are a bit deceptive because they display at so much larger than actual size; the physical models don't look nearly as chunky.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:31 am 
Private
Private

Thrund wrote:
There are loads of options for gangers with 'realistic' guns out there already.

Such as?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:01 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

GuardianLight wrote:
Thrund wrote:
There are loads of options for gangers with 'realistic' guns out there already.

Such as?

Foundry's Street Violence, Copplestone's Future Warriors, the original Grenadier Future Warriors (which are still being cast by a couple of companies), East Riding's Slicks, Heresy's not-Delaques, a few of Reaper's Chronoscope minis, and several other post-apoc or zombie survivor ranges. I'm using models from most of those ranges, but only a very few, and some with weapon swaps, because the majority of the default weapons don't stand out enough.

On the oversized side, I have GW, Excalibur Miniatures (which are almost impossible to get now), and some of the original Warzone minis. So another range in that style is welcome. And as I say, even these aren't as chunky as they look in the renders. The Stealth Ladies leader has a positively dainty bolter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:38 am 
Private
Private

Many thanks for the suggestions. I've finally been able to identify a miniature I picked out of a rummage bin three years ago!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:25 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

GuardianLight wrote:
Many thanks for the suggestions. I've finally been able to identify a miniature I picked out of a rummage bin three years ago!

You're welcome. My collection goes back a bit - I had some of the original Grenadier Future Warriors and some Confrontation gangers before Necromunda was even released - so I've tried stuff from most ranges that looked like they might be suitable.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:17 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

You know I found your models on shapeways by shear accident a few years ago. I have ordered several sets from you to add to my Necromund collection. Do you plan to make some other model lines to expand the selection. I have not been back to the site for about 3 years now. So I am a little out of date.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9