Login |  Register |  FAQ

New scenario 2:Wrong Turn

Post subject: New scenario 2:Wrong Turn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:56 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

My second new scenario, a gang fight that starts with a small number of fighters and gets bigger. I think there was one like it in Gorkamorka...

New Scenario- Wrong Turn

Overview- An escalating Gang Fight. Even for those born and raised there, the Underhive can be a confusing, disorienting place. Even the larger settled areas are a nightmare to strangers. In this scenario a group of gangers accidentally wanders onto a rival gang’s turf- and gangers tend to shoot first and ask directions later…

Terrain- Each player takes it in turn to place a piece of terrain, either a building structure, connecting walkway or other piece of scenery. It is suggested you use a playing area of approx. 4’x 4’

Gangs- This scenario is unusual as the player who picked it is the defender. They deploy D6+3 of his gang anywhere up to half way across the table form the edge of their choice.
The attacker then deploys D6 randomly chosen fighters anywhere on the other half of the board, but at least 8” from any defenders.

Starting the Game- Each player rolls a D6. The player with the highest score takes the first turn

Reinforcements- At the start of each player’s turn they may bring on D3 reinforcements. Roll a D6 for the reinforcements arriving that turn. On a 1-3 they move on from the players edge, on a 4 from the edge to the player’s left, on a 5 from the edge to the player’s right. A 6 means the player can bring them on from any edge, including their opponent’s.
Note- models armed with Move or Fire Weapons do not count as moving till they actually use their move allowance. I.e. a fighter armed with a Move or Fire weapon can still shoot from the board’s edge

Ending the Game- The game ends when one player or the other Bottles out. Because of the confused nature of the fight both gangs take bottle tests 1t 50% casualties, rather than the usual 25%
Note- casualties count as a percentage of the whole gang, including any reinforcements not yet arrived

Experience- +D6 Survives
+5 Per Wounding Hit
+10 Winning Gang Leader

Special- If the winning gang takes at least 3 of their enemy Out of Action, and takes at least three times as many Out of Action as it suffers itself, takes over a random piece of the enemy gang’s territory.

Post subject: Re: New scenario 2:Wrong Turn
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:36 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

This is kind of an ambush type scenario I like it. I would love to try this one. However, I think it would end with some dead gangers. Especially for the attacker in this situation. Since they are at a sever disadvantage. I would almost be tempted to use this more like a shoot-out modification. As that could add to the scenario.

Post subject: Re: New scenario 2:Wrong Turn
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:04 am 
The Threadomancer

Yea it's cool, but like greatimp implied dead gangers is a very real threat especially as no one can take a bottle test until 50% of their gang is down, could lead to a turkey shoot.

My Blog