Login |  Register |  FAQ

New Scenario 3: New Turf

Post subject: New Scenario 3: New Turf
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:02 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

This scenario was inspired by the Toll Bridge game from Battles in the Underhive. Unlike Toll Bridge you don't need a specific piece of terrain as an objective, however, if you model it, you can pick which territory you're fighting for.

New Scenario- New Turf

Overview- A variation of Gang Fight, but with new piece of territory up for grabs. Word has reached the gangs of a new venture started in the area, and they both try and muscle in.

Terrain- Each player takes it in turn to place a piece of terrain, either a building structure, connecting walkway or other piece of scenery. It is suggested you use a playing area of approx. 4’x 4’
Lastly a piece of terrain representing the New Turf is placed as near the middle of the board as possible

New Turf- If the player who picked the scenario has a suitable piece of terrain to represent it, they may pick any of the territories below, or from the campaigns book. If not, roll one from the table. Rules for the new territories are at the end of the scenario. The New turf has toughness 6 and can sustain 3 wounds before it is destroyed (if either of the players wants to do that)

1 Drug dealer
2 Power plant
3 Spider Farm
4 Wyrd Fortune teller
5 Chapel
6 ‘Snake still

Gangs- Each player rolls a D6, the player with the lowest score places his gang within 8” of the table edge of their choice. Their opponent then places his gang within 8” of the opposite table edge

Starting the Game- Each player rolls a D6. The player with the highest score takes the first turn

Ending the Game- The game ends when one player or the other Bottles out, or if the New Turf is destroyed (which counts as a draw)

Experience- +D6 Survives
+5 Per Wounding Hit
+10 Winning Gang Leader

Special- If the winning gang takes at least 3 of their enemy Out of Action, and takes at least three times as many Out of Action as it suffers itself, they take over the New Turf. If not, the winning gang can work it in the Post Battle phase, but doesn’t add it to their territory.

New Territories
Drug Dealer IncomeD6x10
A small time dealer now owes you protection money. If you send a ganger to work this territory you earn D6x10 credits and you also get D3 doses of the drug of your choice for free. See the Outlanders equipment list for details

Power Plant Income ?D6x10
You now own shares in a local power station. If you send a ganger to work this territory you gain D6x10 credits. Roll a second D6, if this matches the original roll you double the amount. As long as you keep rolling the same number you can continue up to 6 rolls.

Spider Farm Income D6x10
A family of Spider farmers now pays you protection money. If you send a ganger to work this territory you earn D6x10 credits as well as D3 free doses of Blade Venom, however on a roll of 1 the ganger has been bitten and must miss the next fight. See the Outlanders equipment list for details

Wyrd Fortune Teller Income 3D6
A wyrd psychic now pays you to keep him hidden from the authorities. If you send a ganger to work this territory you earn 3D6 credits, and you may add or subtract up to D3 from the next scenario roll you make

Chapel Income 2D6x10
You now help protect a small chapel. If you send a ganger to work it you gain 2D6x10 credits. However if you roll double, the preacher has convinced you to make a donation and you must subtract this from your income. The ganger sent to t work it gets a +1 Ld bonus for the duration of the next fight

‘Snake Still Income D6x10
You now own shares in a Wildsnake distillery. If you send a ganger to work it you earn D6x10 credits. If you roll a 1 you also gain a free bottle of Wildsnake. If you roll a 6 the ganger starts the next game with a terrible hangover, reducing his I to 1 for the duration of the game

If you hold any of these special territories, and play Gang Fight, your opponent can challenge you for ownership of it. Play the New Turf scenario as described above, but you may deploy D6 fighters within 8” of the Terrain representing the territory

Outlaws- Outlaws and Outlanders may occupy a special territory and take it as their camp, or Loot it as per the outlaw rules. Note- A looted power plant will only give up 120 credits. Redemptionists will never loot a chapel. Ever.

Post subject: Re: New Scenario 3: New Turf
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:37 am 
The Threadomancer

I like the idea. I especially like the thought of converting a Wyrd into Madam Zaza, clairvoyant extraordinaire, complete with crystal ball and headscarf.

My Blog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:16 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

You know I like this one much better than the weapons test. I might just have to use this one in the League I am looking at writing up and trying to run. I think this will be fun to add to the rotation. Thanks for sharing this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:52 am 
The Threadomancer

I had completely forgotten about this scenario. I really have to play it soon. The new turfs are particularly evocative of Necromunda too. :)

My Blog