Login |  Register |  FAQ

Khornate Cult

Post subject: Khornate Cult
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:12 pm 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

Among my plethora of ongoing projects, I recently scratch built a Khornate Cult, inspired mainly by the Reavers from Firefly. As a guide I used the original Redemptionist gang list, Zealots becoming Bezerkers, Chain axes for Eviscerators etc. I searched the forum, but I couldn't find a dedicated Chaos Cult list, so anyone know of any that aren't horrendously unbalanced?

A picture's worth a thousand words, but I forgot to take any so: They're a mixture of Catachan, cadian and WFB marauder components. To make them look like a cult, I've shaved any aquilas off. I've also added chaotic details, like minor mutations, trophy racks, spikes, the odd top-knot etc. To give the cult a unified look, most are wearing helmets (chaos warrior or khorne bezerker components), those who don't have bandages over their eyes. The notion was that their eyes have been burnt out by chaos, and they see with supernatural vison. Think Sam Nial in Event Horizon. Hiding their eyes dehumanises them. I've also modelled bandages over their wrists, as if they've been opening their veins in some obscene ritual. The leader got an old Ork Bolter, the vetrans among you will remember Ork bolters were often used for Chaos SM conversions to give them a more archaic look. I will post pics at some point, along with some of the design work I did for them

Post subject: Re: Khornate Cult
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:25 pm 
The Threadomancer

Nice image (obviously without an actual image) :) . I have always loved the idea of cult gangs in Necromunda. Get some pictures up!

My Blog

Post subject: Re: Khornate Cult
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:04 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

You know I really want to see some pics of this. So pics or it did not happen. Sorry I could not resist that. Still I would like to see how these guys turned out. I think you are on the right track using the rules for Redemptionist but changing some of the fluff.