Login |  Register |  FAQ

Getting back into Necromunda: Battle rep

Post subject: Getting back into Necromunda: Battle rep
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:28 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

So about a year ago, my erstwhile housemate Sean picked up an almost mint copy of Necromunda and Outlanders and I was really looking forward to doing some gaming. Dusted off and repainted a load ot miniatures, got all excited... but stuff like moving house (twice) got in the way. Settled now though, in a house with a workshop (for painting in) and a dining room (for gaming in) and last Thursday Seamus brings the game to mine and we play some Necromunda :D

1st battle: 5 a side
To refresh my memory of the ins and outs, and introduce Sean to the core mechanics, we played a Gang fight, but with only 5 figs (Leader, Heavy, 2 Gangers and a Juve) per side. Sean's Delaques got lucky and took Out my Van Saar's leader, 1 of the gangers and the juve in short order.
Despite this, my 2 remaining fighters passed their bottle test and fighting bravely on evened the odds. Out of ammo for my flamer and stuck in the open, against an entrenched foe, the dice briefly favoured me. Shots pattering around him my ganger took 2 of the Delaques OoA (3 fighters shooting at him at short range, all missed!) and my heavy drew his back-up pistol and felled a 3rd. In the end, I lost but only because I failed my bottle test first.

THIS was the game I loved playing; fast, furious and fun, where even the bleakest situation can be turned around with a little luck

2nd battle: Hit and Run (Shoot up)
This was the first campaign game we played, so we rolled up exp. and Scenario. Sean's Delaque had to "Shoot up" my turf (get at least 1 fighter across the board) and I thought I was in trouble. My Van Saar (the Ultras, named for their colour scheme) were outnumbered 2 to 1, and had a wide area to defend against Sean's pincer attack.
Unfortunatly for my opponent, I got really lucky with my reinforcements, half my remaining gang appearing behind him in my 2nd turn, in my 3rd the other half appearing ahead of him, heading off the survivors. By the start of their 4th turn, the Delaque had 2 men left, 1 pinned the other broken, both facing heavy firepower, so elected to bottle.
The post battle was a little kinder. Sean's captured fighter was ransomed back cheaply (I felt bad after he'd had such bad rolls in the game) and his dead juve was replaced from his settlement. The Ultras had a good PB, though earning no upgrades, most of my gang will level up if they survive their next game, and I picked up a Power sword and IR scope at the trading Post.

We've another session pencilled in for a week on thursday, so we'll see how it goes then 8)

Post subject: Re: Getting back into Necromunda: Battle rep
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:34 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Good to see Necro is getting another outing.

I always found the hit and run missions extremely hard to win as the attacker. Even getting a first turn water still extermination still means you have to get off the table again, which is not an easy feat!

Post subject: Re: Getting back into Necromunda: Battle rep
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:37 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

I'll post the last game we fought when I've chance. bit more exciting, Sean actually got to shoot back