Login |  Register |  FAQ

Necromunda: Privateer - New Version

Post subject: Necromunda: Privateer - New Version
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:07 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hey everyone,

So after several years of putting Necromunda: Privateer on the back burner, I finally found the time and inspiration to produce the next version. If you're interested, you can grab the files here:

Necromunda -- Privateer v.9

For the highlights for this version, you've got:
  • Around 200 new skills and abilities, and over 50 archetypes.
  • A fleshed out "Cooperative Encounter Creation" system, which I hope encourages narrative wargaming. Basically, it builds in a new resource, Edge, which can be spent to manipulate the scenario or re-roll failed dice rolls during the campaign round.
  • A steamlined post-game phase. I found that the system was getting bogged down in assigning individual crew to individual tasks, so I abstracted the system. Each crewman adds a certain amount of "Manpower," which can be spent to collect income or take other post game actions.
  • The Troublemaker Pool: With this nifty new mechanic, juves, outlaws, xenos, and other troublemakers add dice to the Troublemaker Pool, which you roll on a Mordheim-style post game events table.

In addition to the PDF of the rules, I've also included a copy of my master word document, which has some nifty functionality that I can't yet get into the PDF. In particular, I found a macro that generates tool-tips on the skills for ease of reference. I've also included an Excel crew roster that builds in useful functionality, such as calculating upkeep values and the like. (I modified a roster I found on the forum a long time ago that I want to say was created by S4g; let me know if you recognize it so I can give proper credit.)

As always, let me know your your thoughts and comments. (Many of the rules have only been minimally play tested, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.)

Enjoy,
Auz

Post subject: Re: Necromunda: Privateer - New Version
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:20 am 
The Threadomancer

Nice to see you're back! Just started skimming the rules but I think I need an hour or two of study. This may take a while.

My Blog

Post subject: Re: Necromunda: Privateer - New Version
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:13 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Help with stats for larger warships, like a a destroyer. Any help would be appreciated. :fullauto