Login |  Register |  FAQ

Looking at a new Escher Gang

Post subject: Looking at a new Escher Gang
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:48 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

So I am looking to get a new gang on the table in a League. I am probably going to have to run the league since there is no one in the Portland area interested. So I was working up a new list and I wanted to try something a little different this time. So I have drafted a new gang list to see where it will go. Now I have used the same basic Escher gang to start my play in about 6 separate leagues. This one is different, let me know what you think.

Leader with Maul and plasma pistol
Heavy with laspistol and heavy stubber
Ganger with flail and laspistol
Ganger with shotgun and stub gun
Ganger with shotgun and stub gun
Ganger with lasgun and laspistol
Ganger with auto pistol and sword
Ganger with auto pistol and sword
Juve with club and auto pistol
Juve with maul and stubgun
Juve with stubgun and knife

Now I have not got a group together yet but when I do I will roll the territory. Now this is a very close combat type of gang. I would usually adjust this to have a little more shooting maybe one more shooter and one less hth. I also usually have one fewer juve and one more ganger. Still general thoughts. I do not want any stat discussions about auto pistols v las pistols and how stubguns are useless. I like the flavor of those weapons. I am just trying to make sure I am attempting to keep some balance that plays well. :guns02

Post subject: Re: Looking at a new Escher Gang
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:10 am 
The Threadomancer

I like the look of it. I'm all for more autoguns and shotguns as opposed to lasguns (must be from painting too many Imperial guard models). The only comment I'd make is another heavy with either a flamer or meltagun shoehorned into that gang would be useful, don't know where to shave the points from though. Also if you got another juve in there your gang size goes up to 12 and your bottle rolls change accordingly.

My Blog