Login |  Register |  FAQ

Battletech

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:11 am 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

SqurielLord wrote:

Hey SqurielLord, welcome to the Eastern Fringe.

Quote:
I hope they fixed the vehicle rules....

I can't imagine them making any changes to the vehicle system. They are trying to cash in on all the people who loved the old rules. Changing them would only alienate old time gamers.

Just look at the new Necromunda rules, 99% of the rules are unchanged. But the 'improvements' they added were awful and uncalled for, they divided the already small fan base for the game. End result, Necromunda is struggling more than ever.

Truckler

The game designers themselves know these values are not realistic and they do not intend them to replace or invalidate the fluff. So let's get on with our lives and not fixate over the cosmic ramifications of game mechanics which we already know are streamlined for larger forces at the expense of detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:25 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

In the table top game and role-playing game, do mechs take the same ridiculous amount of damage before they die as they do in the video game?

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity.
With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog, behind which halftruths and untruths can frolic and procreate unmolested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:29 pm 
Mature, well groomed miniature enthusiast

RobbieBuckshotLaFunk wrote:
In the table top game and role-playing game, do mechs take the same ridiculous amount of damage before they die as they do in the video game?
Only in the original version, "3025"... By "3050" (ie, the Clans), the technology actually works, and the mechs are machines that perform their function....which completely ruins the game!! Battletech was about machines that DIDN'T work well, but they were all that was available... St00pid Clans...

In conversations about this, I put both my arms in front of my body in a circle, covering my face to the person with whom I'm speaking, and I say, "There is nothing beyond the Inner Sphere..."

Mrs. Dr. Remulack wrote:
It is not no wonder that USA children are so, forgive me here, fcuked up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:13 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Nah, you've confused me.
Referring to the role-playing and/or tabletop game: It originally took a dozen heavy weapon hits to kill a mech but it doesn't anymore? Or, it originally took less than a dozen heavy weapon hits to kill a mech, but it takes a dozen or more now?

The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity.
With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog, behind which halftruths and untruths can frolic and procreate unmolested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:00 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Well, the reason the mechs are so hard to kill is tthat they usualy have AT LEAST 1/4 of their weight in armor[at least mine on the computer do...]Also, that as you damage them, they damage you. So it gets long and drawn out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:20 pm 

RobbieBuckshotLaFunk wrote:
Nah, you've confused me.
Referring to the role-playing and/or tabletop game: It originally took a dozen heavy weapon hits to kill a mech but it doesn't anymore? Or, it originally took less than a dozen heavy weapon hits to kill a mech, but it takes a dozen or more now?
The former.... From 3025 to 3050, the damage dealt went up by ~50% per weight (some more, some less), but the effectiveness of armor only went up 12% (20% for clans). Plus, tech upgrades upped the amount of free weight available for weapons, but there was no such increase of the amount of armor one can mount--it just weighs less...allowing more free weight for weapons, like I said.

Mrs. Dr. Remulack wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:49 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Not to bring up the past here, but I did a search for this topic instead of just creating a new one...

Anyone here play this now and anyone near my neck of the woods?

Some people got and some people got it coming!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:28 pm 

Lion8974 wrote:
Not to bring up the past here, but I did a search for this topic instead of just creating a new one...

Anyone here play this now and anyone near my neck of the woods?
I just moved to Denver in January '07.

Not exactly close.

I still have all....correction, about HALF, of my books, and I just found a folder with a buttload of photocopied blank mech sheets.

So I *would* play :)

Mrs. Dr. Remulack wrote: