Login |  Register |  FAQ

Infinity the Game - Update

Post subject: Infinity the Game - Update
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:25 pm 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

The Spanish made 28mm sci-fi skirmish game, Infinity, seems to be going strong. Above are two very cool wall paper images that you can download from their website.

The Warstore's website states that the Infinity rules will be released next month in a 200 page hardcover rulebook.

You can download the quick start rules and all the army lists at the game's official website here:

http://www.infinitythegame.com/

I've skimmed the quick start rules and nothing glaringly awful jumped out at me about them. The miniatures by the company Corvus Belli for Infinity are some of the best sci-fi miniatures on the market. So even if the game never becomes a contender it will be great to have such quality miniatures available. I encourage everyone to check them out at their website if you haven't already.

Truckler

The game designers themselves know these values are not realistic and they do not intend them to replace or invalidate the fluff. So let's get on with our lives and not fixate over the cosmic ramifications of game mechanics which we already know are streamlined for larger forces at the expense of detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:56 pm 
Gunner
Gunner

Hm, I liked the Quick start rules. You aren't able to play interesting games without 90% terrain, but then it is fun :D I'm not so fascinated about the miniatures... They look nice, but nothing I really need... But I think it's worth take a look at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:03 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

the miniatures look quite outstanding atleast from the net point of view. I was thinking of picking up a few to paint up seeing as my group is "inactive" when it comes to actually playing anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:36 am 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

cerealkiller195 wrote:
the miniatures look quite outstanding atleast from the net point of view. I was thinking of picking up a few to paint up seeing as my group is "inactive" when it comes to actually playing anything.

I think the miniatures would be great for role-playing games. They all seem to be high quality and with a cool unique look. I sort of consider myself a gamer first and then a miniature painter second, but I might paint some of these miniatures just for the fun of it.

Truckler

The game designers themselves know these values are not realistic and they do not intend them to replace or invalidate the fluff. So let's get on with our lives and not fixate over the cosmic ramifications of game mechanics which we already know are streamlined for larger forces at the expense of detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:41 pm 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

Here is a link to the little news item that they have on their website out the new hardcover rulebook:

http://www.infinitythegame.com/eng/rtdo2.asp?IDNOTICIA=230&

The book looks to have a very high production value and to be lavishly illustrated. I'm well impressed with the single photo of the miniature (featured on both sample pages). I like the size differences between the different miniatures, I hadn't notice that when looking at them in individual photos.

The miniatures for this game are of course beautiful, the paint jobs on them are also exemplary. I'd like to see more of the terrain pictured behind them. It looks really good from what little can be seen of it.

Truckler