Login |  Register |  FAQ

Card Terrain

Post subject: Card Terrain
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:26 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Being a fan of card terrain (like that used in Mordheim and Necromunda), I thought I'd throw this question out.

Does anyone know of any other games that used card buildings? I'm just curious if there are any others out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:40 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Games? No...

But I do know of a company that makes some very nice looking cardstock terrain. They have a few different genres (fantasy being the most extensively covered).

If you are just interested in terrain, check them out. http://www.worldworksgames.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:14 am 
Graveyard Disciple

They don't actually make the terrain, it seems. It looks as though they just sell PDFs with the terrain on them. :-(

You pay ten bucks for a pdf file and then you have to buy cardstock, print it all out and glue it together.

This is probably why their adverts for the terrain pieces sound so desperate. I'd think most of the people who'd buy card stock terrain would have no interest in putting it together, buying cardstock, or printing that crap out. If you're gonna put that much time, money and effort into it, you might as well make actual terrain, or your own cardstock crap. Seems like a very amateur business.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:20 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

There have been a few gaes over the years that have used carstock terrain (generally sf, and also generally extinct now. VOR:maelstrom was one. The others escape me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:02 am 
Graveyard Disciple

Well, hold on a second, can't just about any miniature game use cardstock terrain? Or, solid terrain for that matter? Does it really matter if one uses stock or solid terrain?

I'm sure that there's nary a soul that mind a game of 40k one of those Worldworks terrain setups. Remember, the 2e box set came packed with cardstock ruins. Likewise, would anyone mind say, a game of Space Hulk on a table with solid walls and bulkheads? Is this really that big of an issue for people? I'd think they'd be almost 100% interchangeable...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:21 am 
Enforcer

Waaaargh Grimjaw wrote:
Likewise, would anyone mind say, a game of Space Hulk on a table with solid walls and bulkheads

Playing Space Hulk on a 3D board with solid walls and the like is just awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:41 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

That is on my list of 'some day' dreams.

"Sort of like back in 2nd where you would face a space wolves army with 20 wolf guard terminators mostly with assault cannons or cyclone missle launchers. Or how 2nd for alot of people boiled down to cramming as much into ur character and vehicle allowances as possible while filling ur minimum troops requirements."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:38 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

I got given 6 sheets of 2" blue foam (4'x2') and am planning on making up a 'space hulk' layout for a 4x4 table using the stuff. I'll use a 2" grid for it, so that the current crop of termies can fit in it.

Now, if only I can find the box of 30 'stealers I have somewhere. I dread the cost of having to replace them at the current price. [although bits ordering just the stealers from the macragge set might work].

Post subject: Re: Card Terrain
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:29 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

Sorry for the eight-year late reply, but I recently bought the cardstock terrain for 2nd edition 40K, for use with Necromunda: the Imperial Firebase, Battle Bunker, Bastion, etc. All I'm missing now are the Ork Stronghold and Imperial Guard Command Tower.