Login |  Register |  FAQ

More Free Rules from Urban Mammoth

Post subject: More Free Rules from Urban Mammoth
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:03 pm 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

Urban Mammoth is now offering two sets of free wargame rules for download.

The first is Urban War: Strike-Team Actions, a squad/warband based skirmish game (basically their answer to Necromunda).

The second is Metropolis: Battle-Force Conflicts which is a larger scale, yet still skirmish level game. I liken it to 40K 2nd edition in terms of scale and game play. It aims to be fast, but has a fair amount of detail.

In a previous thread some time ago ol' Truckler was wondering why Urban Mammoth hadn't given away their new rules for free long ago. I-Kore, Urban Mammoth's forerunner, did that and it basically put them on the map. Could it be that finally my words reached Urban Mammoth headquarters and they recognized the pure genius of them? More likely they just realized something that was absolutely obviuos to everyone a long time ago. :-(

Either way, they make nice miniatures and the rules don't look bad at all. It would be nice if games like Urban War and Infinity could do well and give certain other game companies a run for their money. Of course people would have to start buying stuff from these up and coming companies...

Truckler (What have you done to support active competition in the miniature gaming industry laterly?)

The game designers themselves know these values are not realistic and they do not intend them to replace or invalidate the fluff. So let's get on with our lives and not fixate over the cosmic ramifications of game mechanics which we already know are streamlined for larger forces at the expense of detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:23 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

sell my own minis.... well a few, i'm not doing great at it ... lol

I want to buy the new Infinity remote drones for the combined army, as they are fantastic and will fit well with my Tau, not to mention they arn't that expensive...