Login |  Register |  FAQ

Confrontation

Post subject: Confrontation
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 3:44 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

K. so i discovered this new game system done by a company other than games workshop and its actually pretty cool. Confrontation by rackam games is similar to fantasy battle by GW i think but the models are a lot nicer.

Anyone play confrontation, ragnarok or have any in depth info about the game system cos i think it wud be worth a look at. Especially that evil wolfen faction (the devourers of something or other)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 10:39 am 
Gunner
Gunner

Hi there.

I haven't actually played the game myself though I do have the rulebook. So flicking through the rules I saw some good points in the game and some bad points.

It has an interesting game mechanic, where there are set target numbers for pretty much anything you do, this also make it a bad point as you don't want to keep rolling dice for more or less every little thing you do (except moving).

The model activation part of the game is something that bothers me. It would seem that you need to turn over a models stat card to see which model you activate. I understand that this is probably used to introduce a random element to unit activation but that could have easily been achieved by picking a model at random!

I think the close combat system is kind of interesting, you are given 2d6 for each model in combat, you could either use them to attack, defend, or use 1 dice to attack and the other to defend.

There are quite a load of factions to choose. Theres like 4 human factions, 3 types of elf (4 if you count the half-elves in the Devourer faction), 2 types of dwarf, 2 types of goblin (Goblin SAMURAI!!!) and a bunch of vat-grown killing machines. When it comes to the quantity of armies to choose from this game rivals Warhammer.

I don't like the fact that there is little to no fluff in the rulebook, you'd have to pay like ten pounds just to get a book containing it all.

But like I say, there are good points and bad points, forgive me if I'm rambling. It might be worth getting simply for the Goblin Samurai!

peace.

cupcake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:38 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Yeh. thanks for ur reply. Ive looked into confrontation a bit more myself. Nd it deffo looks interesting