Login |  Register |  FAQ
   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Which list should I use?
Skaven 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Pirates 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 5

Yarr!Pie-Rats, crew of the Black Rot

 Post subject: Yarr!Pie-Rats, crew of the Black Rot
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:46 am 
Offline
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:55 am
Posts: 220
Location: The Unhallowed Metropolis AKA London
Image+Image?
Naaah...
These rats:
Image
With this theme:
Image
For this game:
Image

So, as you may already have guessed, I'm starting a pirate-themed Skaven warband in Mordheim. The question is: which list should I use? The unofficial pirate one, or the skaven one?

Pirate
Captain - hook hand, pistol, cutlass, toughened leathers - 96 gc
Mate - cat o' nine tails, pistol, dagger - 58 gc
Cabin boy - cutlass, axe - 30 gc
Cabin boy - pistol, cutlass - 40 gc
Gunner - blunderbuss, dagger - 55 gc
2 Crewman - cutlass, dagger - 70 gc
Crewman - double handed weapon - 40 gc
Boatswain - axe, cutlass - 47 gc
Boatswain - pistol, cutlass - 57 gc

And, maybe later, a Rat Ogre as an Ogre Bodyguard.

Skaven
Assassin Adept - dagger, warplock pistol, sword, light armour - 125 gc
Black Skaven - sword, throwing stars - 65 gc
Night Runner - 2x sword, dagger - 40 gc
Night Runner - sword, dagger - 30 gc
4 Verminkin - sword - 120 gc
4 Verminkin - spear - 120 gc

And later, a Rat Ogre.

Question 2: any changes that you suggest for either list? As I never played Mordheim before, I don't know how useful these weapons/etc are.

_________________
"So who will be our saviour now they've shot your angels to the ground?"

Image


Last edited by NightseeR on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:22 am 
Offline
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:24 am
Posts: 158
Location: exiled to the ash wastes
Axes are generally not worth it, so I would get clubs instead.

When possible, I would get your gunner a second blunderbus.

_________________
Time is an illusion. What has happend will happen again, what has not come to pass will do so again and again forever. What is currently happening will affect the future with it's ripples in the ocean of eternity.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:30 am 
Offline
Sergeant
Sergeant

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:15 pm
Posts: 590
Location: Louisville, KY
I've never played Mordheim, so take that into account when you read what I'm about to type.

Personally, I'd use the pirate list. Pirates are what you're shooting for, and they just incidentally are Skaven. It's all about capturing the behavior that they're going for...in this case, they're behaving like pirates, not Skaven.

_________________
Mafiacheese's Variety Hour


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:38 am 
Offline
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:55 am
Posts: 220
Location: The Unhallowed Metropolis AKA London
shiek wrote:
Axes are generally not worth it, so I would get clubs instead.

When possible, I would get your gunner a second blunderbus.


Alrighty, will do that.

mafiacheese wrote:
I've never played Mordheim, so take that into account when you read what I'm about to type.

Personally, I'd use the pirate list. Pirates are what you're shooting for, and they just incidentally are Skaven. It's all about capturing the behavior that they're going for...in this case, they're behaving like pirates, not Skaven.


Yup, I like the Pirate idea more too :) This way, I can at least give some weapons to my Rat Ogre...

Question 3: Are there any bare chested plastic skaven figures? For the lower bodies, I'll use Night Runners as they already have pants...at least I don't have to GS those...only some shirts, tricornes, bandanas, a hook hand...
For the weapons I guess I'll use Dark Eldar Corsair swords&daggers and some Skaven swords. Any idea for the blunderbuss?

_________________
"So who will be our saviour now they've shot your angels to the ground?"

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:09 pm 
Offline
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:15 am
Posts: 200
Location: Ash Falls, The Underhive, Necromunda (Southampton, UK)
I agree - use the pirate list as that is what you're gunning for. Some guy on Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum ( http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/forum.htm - join if you're into/interested in Mordheim, it's like EFF) did a similar thing but with skeletons, he used the pirate list.

If you want blunderbusses then look into the Empire Militia box set, has about 4-5 in it, plus teh same number of proper cutlusses, pistols, duelling swords and tonnes of other useful bits, they are pretty good value for money (especially on eBay).

Hope this has been of some help.

P.S. The reason I have gone over your IG list is that GW are releasing teh new, and from what I've see broken and terrible, Codex (accompanied by purdy minis) in May, so any suggestions I make now might well become null-en-void.

_________________
"This is blood for blood and by the gallon. These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back! There's no choice left. And I'm ready for war" - Marv, Sin City #1


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:26 pm 
Offline
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:55 am
Posts: 220
Location: The Unhallowed Metropolis AKA London
Blackjack13 wrote:
I agree - use the pirate list as that is what you're gunning for. Some guy on Tom's Boring Mordheim Forum ( http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/forum.htm - join if you're into/interested in Mordheim, it's like EFF) did a similar thing but with skeletons, he used the pirate list.


Thanks for the link, I'll look into it :)

Blackjack13 wrote:
If you want blunderbusses then look into the Empire Militia box set, has about 4-5 in it, plus teh same number of proper cutlusses, pistols, duelling swords and tonnes of other useful bits, they are pretty good value for money (especially on eBay).

Hope this has been of some help.


Yay, thanks! And god bless bitz order ^^

Blackjack13 wrote:
P.S. The reason I have gone over your IG list is that GW are releasing teh new, and from what I've see broken and terrible, Codex (accompanied by purdy minis) in May, so any suggestions I make now might well become null-en-void.


Yup, that's why I just quickly thrown together that list...it will surely change in May...I can't wait for those plastic command squads (will buy at least two...) and the new sentinels!

_________________
"So who will be our saviour now they've shot your angels to the ground?"

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron

Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group