Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Coreward Bound : Zero Point War!

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:36 am 
Knight ov Discord

It is not useless. Not everyone goes to the new galaxy. Just the people who scored high.

The real reason why I put the system offline has nothing to do with a reset. I am changing the code hard. Fleet limits, ship limits, turn limits.

I need to edit some ov the ships, too. Because some are way too cool and just suck.

I am laying down the law.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:52 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Thanks for the congrats McCragge, When i logged on earlier i didn't even have one system but i had enough fleets to capture enough to get started.

I found a couple you hadn't strip mined yet, but what i found funny was in the end, it only took me about 500 turns with a fleet of less than 250 ships to win the game.

And more importantly i didn't have to break any of your impenetrable systems to achieve my goals.

The game would have been over much sooner, but some of my uber advanced tech was leaked to the public, AX-99's, Nova Heavy bombers, Tiamat battle cruisers, and later Homestar colony ships were all originaly owned and solely controled by myself.

But hey..... it happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:06 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Yarlen Fireblade wrote:
Thanks for the congrats McCragge, When i logged on earlier i didn't even have one system but i had enough fleets to capture enough to get started.

I didn't think you had any planets left, but I knew from my readouts that I hadn't found all your fleets.

Quote:
I found a couple you hadn't strip mined yet, but what i found funny was in the end, it only took me about 500 turns with a fleet of less than 250 ships to win the game.

If there was any planets I hadn't strip mined it was either because they were owned by some one else, or they were taken from me before I had a chance. Last night, I would have won the game if I had one more hour to play, but alas, I couldn't keep my eyes open. The fleet I was using only had about 450 ships in it.

Quote:
And more importantly i didn't have to break any of your impenetrable systems to achieve my goals.

I wasn't even repairing systems anymore, I only had one system that I hadn't strip mined that I built up huge fleets on to protect it

Quote:
Tiamat battle cruisers, and later Homestar colony ships were all originaly owned and solely controled by myself.

It was the AX-99's that were the work horses. The Tiamats and Homestar's realistically couldn't compete with those fighters. The homestars where good though for colonizing and extending the movement of the AX-99's.

In any case I am glad ya won!

McCragge

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:33 am 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

A great game Mort. I know, having lost many hours of sleep to it and even being tardy to work once!

mortishroom wrote:
The Core Systems are Sol, Centauri, Betelguse, and Sirius. They were located in a Large Type B Spiral Galaxy called "the milky way", more then 10,000 years before the Cosmic Exodus. The galaxy know as Alpha 1 was a small type A irregular galaxy, while Beta 1 was a medium type A irregular. Beta 2 will be a large type B lenticular galaxy, located about 160 light years from Beta 1.

Yeah, I sort of geussed that this was just part of the larger super space epic that you are working on. I notice that the systems all start with G19, as if this 49 x 49 map is just one sector (Sector G19) in a much larger galaxy wide strategic battle. A battle that is slowly working it's way inward, toward the core, toward the seat of the old empire. Yea, toward the very birthplace of humanity!

Quote:
Anyway, the reset is coming along fine. I hope to have the game back up soon. I will think ov a way to balance strip mining planets.

I've been thinking about the resource thing. The whole "play as much as you want" aspect of the game is one of it's most unique and cool features. However, having a huge empire doesn't do anything except help you try and win. This is because you can only work one system at a time.

I had an idea that might fix this. I'm not sure if code-wise it's possible or practical. But why not create a universal system time? Then every 24 hours players would get resources from ALL of thier systems (even if just a portion for the ones they didn't control for the whole period).

This way having ten weak systems as opposed to one super system would still be a viable option. You could still be as active as you wanted, just like before. But you wouldn't be able to spend 200 turns pumping up your credits and then building a superfleet to smash your rivals. It would level things out a lot I think. It would also make strip mining a viable tactic not just to deny people systems, but to gain cash quickly since you would be limited otherwise.

Also having a universal game time would mean that you could time stamp messages. That way you would know how long ago your fleets were attacked or when another player messaged you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:01 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Quote:
Tiamat battle cruisers, and later Homestar colony ships were all originaly owned and solely controled by myself.

It was the AX-99's that were the work horses. The Tiamats and Homestar's realistically couldn't compete with those fighters. The homestars where good though for colonizing and extending the movement of the AX-99's.

In any case I am glad ya won!

McCragge[/quote]

Hell yeah the AX-99's were the work horses. I had a fleet with over 500 of them. And about 100 Homestar Motherships as backup.

Those Nova Heavy Bombers... They were good. Timat Battle cruisers... eh, they wern't as good a the AX-99's.

Comon man, the monkey is screaming at me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:33 pm 
5th Columnist

Hey Mort, what if the game had a "Planet/Star Killer"? Preferably not in the shape of the Death Star :P I was thinking would be armed to the TEETH! very good armour, but slow moving to compensate for the big-honkin intergalactic space gun... It would target your enemy's planet/star in the same manner as space folding to various cordinates; and fire from some kind of distance like 6 or 12/somewhere in that neighborhood.

Good idea? Bad Idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:52 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

It was hard going against both Mcragge and the Vort guy. i almost Won! i owned 50% of the galaxy, with 2000 ships and lots of Nova Bombers, those were my workhorse. i couldnt beleive what i saw when i woke up the next morning. ALMOST EVERYTHING I HAD WAS GONE. i had 45 ships left and i couldnt get any money Because of Mcragge's Scorched earth Warfare policy. boy it was fun! good challenge you guys, Congrats and Good Game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:44 pm 
Knight ov Discord

Dralithos! there you are. I think the armaggedon device is pretty much a given. But to counter the fact that people can supernova stars...
...there needs to be a protogenesis device that allows a player to make new stars.

Truckler! Yes, this is a small part ov my super space epic. time stamping messages and turns is easy enough. I think I will make it so that after a system is harvested, it can only be harvested again after waiting a while.

Commissar! Almost done. :)

fatty! Glad you liked it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:21 am 
Knight ov Discord

anyway, It is done. Thus concludes the longest thread yet on the EFF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 6:38 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

I just wanted to bump this to the top again...I don't know if it still reigns as longest thread...but holy (&#$@!) look at how many views this topic has gotten...it has to be a record of some sort!

McCragge

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:19 am 
Knight ov Discord

lol. Almost done w/ rotd, then I will be putting the technology into zpw. Yes!! No page refreshes for fleet movement!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6