Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Fallout 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:01 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

Although it is a spoiler, I do want to offer one important tip for anyone who is flying blind without the guide. Most people won't overlook it like I did, but I think it greatly affects the fun level of the game.

*** Spoiler ***
What you do with the Megaton bomb determines where you live and if you even have a place of your own. When I first played the game I was warned off by all the dire messages about the danger of the bomb, so I waited a long time before I tried to disarm it. (And I didn't want to blow up the town.) As a result, I had nowhere to live and dump my stuff and I was denied the resources of having a home to produce supplies. The game is a lot more fun with a house.
*** Spoiler ***

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:44 pm 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

are you saying you didnt blow it up?!?

i saved, blew it up and then reloaded.

the explosion is easily the best looking anything is the whole game :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:37 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

I'm not a "save and reload" sort of player. I try to roleplay what my character would really do and stand by those decisions.

I also don't use the game save feature as a way to pass difficult tests. When the warning message said it would require a serious demolitions expert to disarm the bomb, I just left it alone. (As opposed to failing and reloading over and over until I got it right.)

Someday I will play the game in full evil mode and grant the Sons of Atom the division they long for!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:39 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I got the Explosives Expert message, but I'd seen the gameplay trailers on Youtube so knew that simply popping some Mentats would be enough to disarm it.

I disarmed it first attempt without having spent any points in explosives skill. Lame...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:04 pm 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

You dont really need anything special to disarm it.
Just 25 in explosives.

i started out with 23 in explosives due to stats so i just put 2 extra points on it when i leveled.

It is also useful to have as mines take longer to explode if your explosives is high.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:23 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

I was wondering how do you get a landmine from the landmine mission. Every time I got close the damn thing would explode. Although if I stealth up to it, I can get fairly close with out it going off, but never quite close enough

Also, the sniper problem is solved with one well placed Fat Boy round :chaos

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:24 pm 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

McCragge wrote:
I was wondering how do you get a landmine from the landmine mission. Every time I got close the damn thing would explode. Although if I stealth up to it, I can get fairly close with out it going off, but never quite close enough

Also, the sniper problem is solved with one well placed Fat Boy round :chaos

McCragge

mines: run up to it and hit 'E' twice.
first E disables it, second E picks it up :)
once you get the hang of it, it is quite easy.

***SPOILER***

also, dont kill the sniper.
you need him for another misson :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:19 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Don't kill the sniper huh? Damn. I killed him each time I played. I think now I'm almost finished my 2nd play through, I can justify the Strategy Guide. I've proven to myself I can handle the game so it won't feel like cheating any more. :lol:

And I really want to find all the bobbleheads. Best I've managed is about half of them, and I never had the foresight to note down where I found them. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:03 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Danger Mouse wrote:
***SPOILER***

Oops. Too late. It's what he gets for taking shots at me while I collected landmines! :-p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:58 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Danger Mouse wrote:
***SPOILER***

What mission?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:56 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

IcyCool wrote:
What mission?

You get the mission at Paradise Falls.

Dont worry, i killed him the first two times i played too.
first time cos i didnt know and the second time cos i was playing a good karma character (so i wasnt going to do the paradise falls quest.)
now im playing it doing everything so i did his mission first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:42 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

Well, you don't have the succeed at every quest... especially since some are mutually exclusive. I guess if you were playing just to do "everything" you'd have to choose which things to do which ways. For example, there are multiple ways to deal with Tenpenny Tower's zombie problem. I did peak at the guide for that one, and all options turn out badly.

In my current game I am working up to the deathdealing potential needed to exterminate every slaver in Paradise Falls in one horrific running battle. I aim to wipe out Evergreen Mills in a similar fashion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:06 pm 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

Venator wrote:
Well, you don't have the succeed at every quest... especially since some are mutually exclusive. I guess if you were playing just to do "everything" you'd have to choose which things to do which ways. For example, there are multiple ways to deal with Tenpenny Tower's zombie problem. I did peak at the guide for that one, and all options turn out badly.

In my current game I am working up to the deathdealing potential needed to exterminate every slaver in Paradise Falls in one horrific running battle. I aim to wipe out Evergreen Mills in a similar fashion.

i didnt mean do every outcome, but do every quest.
if you kill the sniper, you can still do the paradise falls quest (note, the one you get from the slavers, not any of the other ones related to paradise falls), but you can't finish it properly and get your due reward.

i havnt actually come accross any two different quests that are mutually exclusive.
naturally the various paths you can take to complete most quests are exclusive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7