Login |  Register |  FAQ

Dawn of War soulstorm is out

Post subject: Dawn of War soulstorm is out
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:18 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Just noticed yesterday. Think it was released early March. Judging by the feedback on gamefaqs forum its buggy as hell. Maybe it would be better to wait 8 months before buying it. That way they'll patch up all the faults.

Anyone looking at this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:49 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I got mine and it doesn't have any unusual problems. in fact, the only problem it has is the one all games on my computer have, play it too long and it quits in you.

Time is an illusion. What has happend will happen again, what has not come to pass will do so again and again forever. What is currently happening will affect the future with it's ripples in the ocean of eternity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:35 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

I don't have it yet, but I have talked to some people who have been playing it. They didn't mention any specific bug issues. Maybe it's a problem specific to certain hardware.

The preview movies seem to indicate that there are now air units, though I haven't looked in to it closely. S&M space elves and battle nuns just don't interest me enough to run out and grab a copy at full price (like I did for Dark Crusade).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:11 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

I got it, and played it through with Dark Eldar, and had no problems whatsoever. Pretty nice additions, as well.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/wfbfgu/index.php?act=idx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:51 pm 
Private
Private

I havnt had any problems with the game, only problem I have is that I have a slow processor, so loading into the campaign GUI takes a minute or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:56 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

the most common problems/bugs that may occur if any will probably be with the flying units. basically because the DoW engine was never designed to have flying units. tbh the engine is a bit outated now which is why soulstorm will be the last expansion and the next release will be a DoW2 :D

The fortress attacks/defending are meant to be pretty good too, but I've heard the ai is a bit well... stupid/annoying. You'll take over an area one turn then the next turn theyll attack (even if they have a small force). you fight them off, win, but then they attack tht one again..something like that. Read a review in a magazine about it, thts ur best bet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:35 am 
Cadet
Cadet

I find soulstorm really annoying, first 3 are good (dark crusade suffers from some of the same problems) but soulstorm has serious balance issues... (using sisters of battle) tau stronghold, even on easy is stupidly hard because the game doesn't have to abide by the asy rules as the player, so the game flagrantly cheats. which causes a great deal of frustration. couple that with th total lack of meaningful narrative and it makes soulstorm a real let down.

"He who stands with me shall be my brother"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:28 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

i thought in all it was a good game,

i did not like how every mission you started out with your commander, base, and whatever retinue you have, then had to build everything up and beat the enemy. pretty much just the same as every multiplayer level. i think they should have done some levels where you start out with x number of troops and can not build buildings and have to make it from point a to point b or something like that.

but that was my only problem with the game, other than that i liked it a lot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:36 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Dawn of War 2 beta goes public in about 4 hours. :o