Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Coreward Bound : Zero Point War BETA 3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:06 pm 
5th Columnist

While not really on topic with everything else, this is for all the people that wanted to see what Humans would look like the ZPU... here you go.

*Now I just need to figure out a good colour scheme :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:46 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Why am I reminded of an Imperial Guardsman when I see that?

I'll ally The Legion if I can get some (&#$@!) ships. I had some but Nemo wiped me out before I could really use them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:46 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

That drawing is awesome Dralithos.

Hey Mort, the zoom out feature is awesome on the map. One suggestion though. Since there are no names anymore it is hard to tell who is who. I noticed that each planet had a white box around it. Can you make it so that the white box is color coded. Red = enemy, Green = Friendly etc?

Oh and another minor bug I came across, When you click on an enemy fleet, it gives you the total of ships that is in the fleet. (i.e. 14 Frigates, 37 Corvettes...etc) However when it is just fighters it reads something like this: 1256735468536 Fighters. I know that can't be right.

The game is kicking ass now! Just wish others would join in and quite being wussies.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:17 pm 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

I like the image a lot Dralithos. I don't think it looks at all like an imperial guardsman. Commissar you need to take in more sci-fi! Broaden your horizans man! :D

I like the baggy pants combine with the sort of anime style footwear. The high rigid collar as an extension of the armor reminds me vaquely of the stiff armored collars incorporated into the uniforms of imperial naval officers. I think one of the best things about the figure is that it isn't like anything else out there. I'm glad that Dralithos isn't just rehashing some other image or style for the Zero Point setting.

I can just see sharply dressed naval officers manning the ships that wage war across Zero Point galaxies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:21 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I try to take in more sci-fi, but most of it is just so damn lame...

And the rest doesn't really look like that.

It really is a very good picture. I've always like the bulkiness and the way the plates of the Cadian flak armor looked. So it's a complement coming from me.

And that pistol looks cool. What does it fire, bullets or lasers, or some other type of energy?

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:24 pm 
Knight ov Discord

whell I like it. I cant wait to see it coloured in. As soon as it is done I will fix up the character view/selection screen.

http://www.xhrit.com/8-bitHell/images/c ... view02.jpg

Then bump the version. this thread is getting a bit long.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:31 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

When you do that I will sticky two topics. The official Game one, where we can discuss the bugs and other features and the Ingame one, where we can post or war stories and other in-game stuff.

McCragge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:37 am 
Knight ov Discord

sweet. At this rate, I'll have a whole topic ov my own again soon!

:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:22 am 
5th Columnist

After several hours of staring at the Computer screen and Sleep Deprivation...

*Now I think I collapse on the floor next to the computer... :) *thuud*

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:40 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

mortishroom wrote:
And the carrier bug is fixed. Hey, can anyone confirm the carrier bug is fixed? I'll give you 100 yen...

Confirmed...the carrier bug is indeed fixed. Thank you...this is a life saver!

<<EDIT>> I didn't see your color version before I posted the above. It looks fricking great man! Now, we just need to add some Legion logos and what not and we are good to go. :)

McCragge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:28 am 
Knight ov Discord

+100! thanks for the confirm. Now can we get one on the FOF /attack issue? I think it might also be resolved, but I am not sure.

Now that we have cool character graphics I'll pimp out the player view. The only other bling we need are logo icons! I want small icons for on the starmap. I'll also put FOF squares around the out map, but an 'icon' option that shows logos instead ov stars would be cool in both maps. We could use a redo ov the stars as well - I want to lighten them up a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:49 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

I see you did a little tweaking with the ships. I have one fleet that is completely filled with fighters all safely aboard a starnest, which has three jumps before it was out of fuel, but is now stranded in space cause you lowered it to two. So, thinking I could bring an energy tanker to it and rescue it I find that I can't because I can't transfer ships out to make room for the tankers cause I am out of fuel.

Really, can we just call this game NemoTechs and start over allready. He is 5000 turns ahead, we can't raise our planets to anything above a 12 yet he has a ton of planets at 16 or 24 for stats.

McCragge

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:52 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

And WTF? How can we possibly buy fleets to fight with with those insane prices?

Screw it, I am done until a reset or some serious revamping. That is ridiculous.

McCragge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:42 am 
Knight ov Discord

Insane prices? lol. I kicked up the costs ov everything by x10; to make room for items - I don't think some unrefined ore would cost as much to buy as a spaceship...

to offset this, I removed the harvest delay, instead I am allowing each system to have a number harvests per population. I also changed it so an extraction gives you 100x resources; strip mine gives you 1000x resource. I also dropped the tech level ov most ships by about half.

Anyway, I should have forced a reset after I imposed a turn limit. As you say, truckler is too many turns ahead, Really, tho - you are the only one who was insisting that we shouldn't just call it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:16 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Quote:
Really, tho - you are the only one who was insisting that we shouldn't just call it.

Yeah he wiped me out LOL

With those other additions (which I didn't notice cause when you harvest with ships it was still the same and all my high producing planets where lost) the prices shouldn't be so bad after all.

McCragge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next