Login |  Register |  FAQ

Fallout: New Vegas

Post subject: Fallout: New Vegas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:08 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

Just in case you've been living under a rock... On October 19th, Feargus Urquhart and other developers from Black Isle Studios will be unleashing Fallout: New Vegas. The technology of Fallout 3 will be applied to our old stomping grounds... Vault 13, the Nevada desert and the New California Republic.

It promises a lot of new features, as well as a return of old locations and critters of the first two games. Will I be able to fight geckos without thinking of car insurance? Felicia Day is even in it (as a voice actor of course).

In particular, I'm keen to try Hardcore Mode. Food, drink and sleep actually sustain your metabolic functions instead of just adding instant hit points, ammo has weight, and getting crippled is serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:17 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hardcore Mode sounds like normal mode Stalker :)

Urosh Yal, an Orc Stronghold for Skyrim.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13940

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:16 am 
Recruit
Recruit

New Vegas is gonna steal a good portion of my life for the remainder of the year. i'm all kinds of giddy about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:16 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

As I'm pretty busy at the moment I might wait until the GoTY-type edition, i.e. including all the DLC in one package.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:49 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Very excited about this New Vegas stuff! Although I am currently munching my way through ME 2....

@flamekebab
I hear ya brother, and at original game price as well. After all, it ain't going anywhere!
As a casual gamer, I often resist the "oooohhhh shiny, gotta have it" urge that i see a lot of people falling to. I prefer to shell out 60$ for 2-3 good games (no shortage of those), than 60$ on an unknown quantity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:11 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I think I paid £20 for Fallout 3, but perhaps it was £30. I also bought Broken Steel, Operation Anchorage, and The Pitt. I don't think I bought Mothership Zeta and I know I didn't buy Point Lookout.

I never actually finished Broken Steel either, now I come to think about it. However, I clocked up over 187 hours of playtime. I think part of that is attributable to having just been dumped by my ex girlfriend at the time. I don't remember the two events correlating, but my flatmates tell me things went that way and they're probably right.

I don't have the time to play New Vegas right now, perhaps next year. As you say, Chaerea81, it's not going anywhere!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:00 pm 
Rogue-Psyker
Rogue-Psyker

I'm generally pretty slow to pick up new games, so I get them when they are cheap and all their bugs have been patched. For example, I only started playing Company of Heroes this year.

But, when I want to use my consumer vote (money) to support a franchise I really like, I'll buy it hot off the presses. I want them to keep making Fallout games.

By this time tomorrow I should be roaming the wastelands of post-apocalyptic Nevada. I'll let you know what I find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:02 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Sweet!
Yeah, I didnt mean my first post to be a jibe at people who bought the game fresh out.