Here's some more sprites to boot!

City/Town Guards
Image Image

NPCs
Image Image

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:31 am 
Knight ov Discord

looking good. I built up a few areas, fixed some bugs, and worked on the combat system a bit. Now when random encounters happen, it puts a bad guy sprite next to you. I am going to try and see about some animation. I think it would look very cool...

So anyway, the areas I built up are the starting area and the town. The starting area looks kind ov lame at the moment because the tile set is not finished. But you are supposed to be on a 'mountain path' on the side ov a cliff... overlooking the temple ov the golden flower in the valley below. Now, there is no way to get directly to the temple, so you have to follow the path down and around through the valley. The path leads south into the village... where there is a school along with various training equipment, a few shops to buy & sell stuff when I get the inventory system working, and some npc's to talk to (when I add the npc text.).

The town will lead north into the forrest, beyond that the temple; south to the shrine. further south will lead to the underpass out ov the valley. (you came into the valley over the mountain). I also want to make the path a bit longer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:40 am 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

Great sprites Dralithos. I like the guards a lot. They look like, well, something out of a cute little Japanese RPG/adventure game.

The to NPCs look great as well. I like the little guy with the mustache the best. He might not look like much, but I'm sure he is a tough customer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:20 am 
5th Columnist

Even more NPCs to boot!

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Prolly make some Female Npc Variants next...

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:33 am 
Knight ov Discord

Looks good, Dralithos. One thing I would like to see is a progression from un-armoured to fully armoured. So start with like a guy with no shirt and end with a guy in full head-to-toe plate...

I got the inventory system working - you can equip/un-equip weapons, armer, and accessories. The equipable items mod your stats as they should. You can keep as many items in your inventory as you want, but I may or may not change this depending on playtesting. The accessories equip slot is not for useable items, but for random stuff (necklaces or whatnot). Useable items will be used from the inventory, but I have not got that far yet.

The store system is partially done. We already have coinage and seller inventory. If you talk to an old dude in the village, he offers to show some items for sale. After I finish I will work on looting dead people and using items. The former ov the two will be harder because it is mainly front end business, showing the player what he can loot, so I will need to write it in javascript. The latter, using items happens on the back end, and is for the most part already writen, I just need to adapt the php code to use some ov the new variables (such as the fact that in bdw there is only one type ov 'item' that can be a wpn, arm, or acc; while in srpg there were 3 item types and no polymorphism.)

So anyway, that is like 3 functions I have to write. After that all the major components will be there, and it will just be a matter ov fleshing out the systems, and then we can begin writing the plot, conversations and scripting the encounters. For example, there is an old man who you meat on the road that says something about bandits and teh road has random encounters. I want the encounters to be with opponents named 'bandits' and use a bandit looking sprite.

Stats : 73 functions in 759 lines ov Javascript, 20 pages ov PHP, and 842kb ov graphics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:36 pm 
Knight ov Discord

The store is done, the looting is done, use item is done - I just need to add in all the old items.

Then I am going to work on the level editor some more, to make it more featurefull and user friendly. When that is done I will be ready to start making maps, writing dialog, and scripting in the encounters...

ya know, start making the game. (instead ov just the game engine!) but not right now. I am fscking tired from coding all night. It is sleep cycle for me.