Login |  Register |  FAQ

Eldar Scrolls Online

Post subject: Eldar Scrolls Online
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:29 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

I am actually surprised this hasn't been talked about on here yet.

Obviously I am super excited about this MMO. I hope it lives up to all the hype. But to be honest I really love the world that it is set in. It is very much a Star Wars in the fantasy setting. Everything is used, dirty, worn and lived in. I love that. I am tired of the cartoony style of WoW. Time for something...gritty :)

They also just officially announced the voice actors for the game.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/p ... -announced

Quote:
John Cleese plays Sir Cadwell, the cheerful and endearingly mad lost soul who is not afraid of anyone, even a Daedric Prince. Joining the cast as High King Emeric, Bill Nighy portrays a merchant prince whose luck and determination won him the throne. Kate Beckinsale takes on the role of Queen Ayrenn, the leader of the Aldmeri Dominion and Queen of the High Elves who is far more comfortable with a blade than her crown.

In addition, Alfred Molina takes on the role of Abnur Tharn, a wily old wizard and politician who is the head of the Empire’s Elder Council, and the de facto power behind the Ruby Throne. Lynda Carter plays Azura, the Daedric Princess of Dusk and Dawn from Skyrim who is a popular part of Elder Scrolls lore. Michael Gambon voices The Prophet, a mysterious blind man who guides the player through their journey to retrieve their soul; and Malcolm McDowell plays the key figure Molag Bal, an evil Daedric god from another plane who schemes to enslave the mortal souls of Tamriel.

I am pretty excited :)

McCragge

Post subject: Re: Eldar Scrolls Online
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:21 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Anyone get the prerelease and are in game playing?

It is pretty fricking awesome!!

You can find me in the DaggerFall Covenant, my character name of course is McCragge. If people are interested we could get an Eastern Fringe guild going to.

Anyway if you are playing, or plan to play I would love to hear your thoughts on the game.

McCragge

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:22 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

I may get this in the future, I will let you know if I do.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:50 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

squevil wrote:
I may get this in the future, I will let you know if I do.

It's pretty cool so far, been playing the crap out of it at home and tinkering with Deadlands 3000 from work.

I really like how they mixed the game play of Skyrim and Oblivion with the MMO aspect.

What is really cool is the combat. There is no, run up to the bad guy and start pressing hot keys and waiting for cooldowns. Instead, you run up to the bad guy, juke to the left to avoid his attack, or block with your shield and then pummel him in the face to stun him, swing your sword, jump out of the way of his spell...etc! You do all this yourself and while they do have hot keys for special abilities, the combat is all you. And super fun.

McCragge