Login |  Register |  FAQ

Highly recommend mount & blade warband

Post subject: Highly recommend mount & blade warband
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:42 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Still some unfinished bugs, real minor, but the overall experience is fun. And the mods they make for this game turn it into some really great fantasy or historical gaming experience. Personally I prefer the medieval japan gekukojo mod. But some others capture the feel of the time. Brytenwalda is an 8th century mass brawling combat mod.

Love it. People easily spend over 1000 hours on this one. I've had it for a year and I've done 580 hours on it so far.

Dangerously addictive.

Post subject: Re: Highly recommend mount & blade warband
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:02 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

What exactly is this? Can you tell me more about the game play? Is it like the Total War series or is it like the PvP in ESO?

I might have to check it out, but I have been really addicted to Elder Scrolls Online of late...that is until Fallout 4 comes out.

McCragge

Post subject: Re: Highly recommend mount & blade warband
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:10 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

I was hanging around gamefaqs, have been doing so for a while but I saw so much traffic about a game mount & blade warband. The first Mount & Blade was released in 2008. 2010 saw a more rounded version with better graphics. And so I got into it last June. Bloody addictive.

Its medieval combat simulation, easy to get into, simple controls. To this day I can barely hit anything with a sword whilst mounted but it sure is damned fun. The combat aspect includes a lot of factors like weapon length, your skill helps determine how fast you can strike, in combination with the speed factor of the weapon. Very detailed combat system. Use of bows and lances all involve a lot of calculations depending on your characters strength, skill, the speed of your horse. Even a sword blow whilst mounted and charging gets a bonus to damage. Wonderful combat simulator.

Add to that a diablo 2 looting system, you keep playing for more, you might get luck and get great items and if not, you can sell the stuff and shop around for good items.

The single player involves a lot of management, but with a simple interface so you don't get bogged down in the non fun parts.

Multiplayer is fun, some of the castle sieges involves 150 players. Also some of the mods really make gameplay fun. I might make some recommendations but the original 'native' gameplay is amazing. Also the music in the original game is great, so many tracks that run according to your location, the combat situation and all.

I picked up a gift copy for 4 US. If you give me your steam ID I can get you a copy. Also the other official dlcs like napoleon wars and others have their own attributes, but I'm having way too much fun on the original game as it is.

For gameplay you might want to visit letsplay on youtube, or visit twitch. The steam summer sale is over but it does get discounted now and then. It is comparatively old. And if you really get into it, you might want to hang around with the community at taleworlds forum.

Oh and here is a mod which uses the warhammer fantasy setting:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=145937.0
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest

Haven't had time to get into it, but I'm spending more time on the samurai mods and others myself.