Login |  Register |  FAQ
   
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

[CYOA] Steel Gauntlet: Page 19
Poll ended at Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:28 am
Do you attempt to turn and fight the unknown vessel? 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
Do you attempt to take cover in or around the approaching space hulk? 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Do you make an attempt to leave the warp and get immediate medical aid for your crew 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

[CYOA] Steel Gauntlet: Page 19

 Post subject: [CYOA] Steel Gauntlet: Page 19
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:28 am 
Offline
Astro-Path
Astro-Path
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:02 pm
Posts: 3821
Location: Valic IV
Sweat pours from your forehead and you feel a bit swimy. No doubt the poison is starting to affect you. You slam your hand down on the commlink "Damn it, Lieutenant stay the course I have given you. I am on my way to the bridge!"

"Yes sir!" The Lieutenant drawls back.

As you leave your cabin and make your way down the slender corridors, the ship suddenly rocks violently throwing you off your feet. You hit your head against a bulkhead and nearly knock yourself out. You fight not only to regain your feet but to also keep conciousness.

Quickly you make your way to the bridge when the shop is hit again, this time you manage to brace yourself and keep from falling. You slam your palm into the bridge door button. As the doors slide open you are hit with the smell of ozone, and the blaring noise of klaxons. Your Lieutenant runs over to you, eyes wide with panic.

You wipe away the blood on your face and try to asses the situation. "Report!" You yell as you make your way to the captains chair.

"We are being fired upon by an unknown vessel!" Screams Hescox the newly appointed helmsman. "We also have what appears to be an unknown ship, perhaps a space hulk, dead ahead and approaching fast."

You turn to shout an order to the navigator, but you see the Lieutenant standing over what appears to be his dead body. He is in a panic and he looks like he is checking for vital signs.

Do you attempt to turn and fight the unknown vessel? (Turn to page 37)

Do you attempt to take cover in or around the approaching space hulk? (turn to page 1764)

Do you make an attempt to leave the warp and get immediate medical aid for your crew (Turn to page 20)

_________________
Deadlands 3000 - A Retro style MMORPG set in a Post Apocalyptic wasteland, as close as you will get to Necromunda in a browser game.


Last edited by McCragge on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:47 am 
Offline
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:47 am
Posts: 404
Location: Off Waaagh!Ing
Open fire! :fullauto Oh... Is the ship a fighter (our guy's) or not, if it's not we could be in trouble....
Looks like someone carried Kharille's option D...

_________________
You see Reilly in the Underhive, and you're lookin' at me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:21 pm 
Offline
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 6:56 am
Posts: 296
Yeah, I mean are we armed? How many defence lasers or Plasma bombs do we have?

Seriously, the lack of faith in the emperor will be our downfall. We need more commissars.

Hm... Captain Kirk would probably try diplomacy first... Heh, option D:
Demand that the enemy vessel cease hostilities or be destroyed.... I'd certainly confront the vessel...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:24 pm 
Offline
Master of Arms
Master of Arms
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:42 pm
Posts: 1929
Location: Melbourne Australia
how is this a question? of cousre you open fire! then if you die you quick load :P


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:34 pm 
Offline
Iconoclast
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 10:36 am
Posts: 1040
i'd start looking for a cover.
so leaving the warp, and finding myself (&#$@!) knows where is an option for me.

btw how can ships fire at themselves, being in warp space?

_________________
This is turning into one (&#$@!) of a bad-hair day.
http://www.geocities.com/w40k2ed
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:28 am 
Offline
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:06 am
Posts: 3736
Location: Roaming the Eastern Fringe
Where is the next installment?!?

I want to know what happens!
I want to read the next thrilling chapter!
I want to vote on the next epic moment of thrilling excitement!

I voted to turn and fight by the way.

I, Capt. Wyn Gunther, didn't travel 100 light years, leave the light of the astronomicon, and risk my life, fortune and sacred honor to have some no account smuggler or two-bit raider smash all that I have worked for.

Focus all shield power forward!
Arm all torpedo bays!
Over charge plasma launchers!
Defense Laser batteries on sustained burst!
Alpha strike on my mark...


Truckler (This choose your own adventure doesn't have premature endings does it?)

_________________
Venator wrote:
The game designers themselves know these values are not realistic and they do not intend them to replace or invalidate the fluff. So let's get on with our lives and not fixate over the cosmic ramifications of game mechanics which we already know are streamlined for larger forces at the expense of detail.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:28 am 
Offline
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 6:56 am
Posts: 296
Option D: Use diplomatic means to pacify the enemy!

"We have travelled from another region in the galaxy to explore strange new worlds, seek out new life forms... By the way, those blasts of energy are immensely destructive to our biological processes. Might I suggest that you cease this activity at once?"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB ® Forum Software © phpBB Group