Login |  Register |  FAQ

What do you do?
Poll ended at Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:23 am
Do you interrogate Zorad? 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Do you ordor the Astropath to sickbay and help find meaning in what Vaelurn said? 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Do you assign an Away Team and prepare to land on the planet? 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

[CYOA] Steel Gauntlet: Page 37

Post subject: [CYOA] Steel Gauntlet: Page 37
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:22 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

"Calm down!" you scream at Hescox. Your hands shake as you wipe the cold sweat, induced by the slow poison from your bruised forehead. "Bring this bucket of bolts around, we are gonna give 'em both barrels!"

"But sir..." Hescox begins

"Now Helmsman!" You yell back trying to sound dauntless as the ship is rocked by another hit from the enemy vessel. Hescox turns back to the controls, face red with anxiety. The ship begins to bank as the engines strain with the highspeed maneuver, bringing the enemy vessel into view on the forward screens. You recognize it immediately and curse under your breath. It belongs to none other then Zorad, the very villian who poisoned you to begin with.

Your sudden change in course must have caught Zorad by surprise as he doesn't attempt to navigate out of the way and makes an easy target for your Heavy Autocannons. Zorads ship is literally torn to pieces, by the rain of explosive rounds impacting on his hull. The ship seemed to pause in midflight before suddenly blossoming into a fiery rose of an explosion. The entire ship was destroyed but not before a single escape-pod managed to break away from the now destroyed vessel.

Your vision blurs as the poison induced fever runs through your body. With pure determination alone you manage to remain conscious. "Capture that escape-pod and bring the person on board to me." You order.

"Aye Captain" You hear someone say, but who you aren't sure. Your vision is getting worse as you slump in your captains chair. Time seems to be running out for you, and thoughts of making it to the cure in time are your last thoughts as everything fades to black...

The first thing you notice as you open your eyes is a white blur. Slowly your eyes focus and you realize that you are in your own sickbay. You turn your head and look around noticing that your navigator, Vaelurn, is in a bed next to you with many tubes and machines going in or coming out of him, which, you can't quite tell.

As you try to sit up you are greeted by your Lieutenant. "Captain Wyn sir. Glad to see you are awake."

"What happened Acothea?" You ask, your mouth dry, but otherwise you feel fine.

"Well Captain, you passed out sir, and well..." Acothea stammers.

You stare down the Lieutenant. "Go on"

"Er, well, we captured Zorad sir. He is in the ships brig right now. And well you see, um," Acothea pauses for a moment, "We thought you were going to die sir, and we didn't think we had much choice..."

"What did you do?" you blurt out suddenly horrified.

"Well, Zorad claimed he had something that would fix you up, temporarily, so to speak, so we, er that is I, let him give you a shot."

You just stare back at Acothea with utter shock. "You did what..."

"Yes, well, there is more bad news to Sir. The starboard engine is completely destroyed from the highspeed maneveur, and we had to drop out of warp, and Vaelurn," He points to the Navigator in the next bed. "isn't doing to well. The doc says if we don't get him to a port with real medical facilaties and quickly he may not make it. But," Acothea begins with a small grin, trying to sound reassuring "we are at our destination."

Before you have a chance to respond, Vaelurn suddenly bolts upright, the cables and tubes straining against the sudden movement, some of them even popping out of his skin spraying strange colored liquids all over his bed. "PAIN! PLAGUE! NUuuurrrrg..." he screams and then falls to the floor, his body motionless.

Both you and Acothea sit in stunned silence looking at the body.

Do you interrogate Zorad? (Turn to page 72)

Do you ordor the Astropath to sickbay and help find meaning in what Vaelurn said? (Turn to page 83)

Do you assign an Away Team and prepare to land on the planet? (Turn to page 94)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:19 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Well I'd shoot Acothea and then interrogate Zorad. I'm surprised these traitorous lieutenants let these guys get their hands on me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:33 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

The officers are all fools...
The navigator doesn't show faith in the Emporor, Acothea let a criminal give you a shot, I don't know...
How about, shoot Acothea AND Vaelurn, then intterogate Zorad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:58 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Funny thing is that I know what the Navigator said and its significance. Then again, I have the advantage of owning Realms of Chaos. Captain Wyn doesn't have such a precious reference available to him.