Login |  Register |  FAQ

Dungeon Crawl Classics -- What a cool concept!

Post subject: Dungeon Crawl Classics -- What a cool concept!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:17 pm 
Unctuous Toady
Unctuous Toady

Have you guys seen the line of Dungeon Crawl Classics models put out by Goodman Games? I haven't played any because well, I try to limit my gaming to miniatures games these days. But if I were still playing Dungeons and Dragons I would absolutely play these modules.

Check them out here:

http://www.goodman-games.com/DCCpreview.php

I don't know, maybe they are all really awful. But I really like the classic first edition AD&D style of these modules. In terms of presentation and marketing I think they are just amazing.

We were discussing them recently at the local game store and everyone assembled seemed to fondly remember the old classic AD&D and D&D modules. Even though many of them were terrible and boiled down to little more than mindless slaughter through a series of connect rooms or a cavern complex.

I do recognize that the appeal of these modules is limited to a certain age group of gamers and their nostalgia. In fact as we were discussing the good ol' days one of the regulars walked into the store. The store owner just told him "nostalgia zone" and he nodded and walked past us to the people at the gaming tables in the back of the store. I only felt a little old at the moment.

Truckler

The game designers themselves know these values are not realistic and they do not intend them to replace or invalidate the fluff. So let's get on with our lives and not fixate over the cosmic ramifications of game mechanics which we already know are streamlined for larger forces at the expense of detail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:30 am 
Gunner
Gunner

They do look interesting. I like the old First Edition setup as well. Alas we have no local hobby shops anymore. Both of the long established shop local shops went under in 2006 :cry: All we have left is as a Warhammer/clicky games/comic book shop. Unfortunately the local hobby shop is fast becoming extinct. It has been hunted almost out of existance by Ebay & other internet sellers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:25 am 
Gunner
Gunner

Meltagun wrote:
They do look interesting. I like the old First Edition setup as well. Alas we have no local hobby shops anymore. Both of the long established shop local shops went under in 2006 :cry: All we have left is as a Warhammer/clicky games/comic book shop. Unfortunately the local hobby shop is fast becoming extinct. It has been hunted almost out of existance by Ebay & other internet sellers.

thats why me and my fellow muslim brothers in the mujahadeen are going to put a stop to this injustice and form elite operations and take down the ebay company by attacking and taking over their military bases one by one and then making our last raid to the administration

hopefully all this will be acomplished without innocent blood spilt
if so our mission has failed and we have not only let down our fellow gamers

but our selves too

and im pretty sure god wount like that we killed innocent people either

but yea

bye bye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:32 am 
Gunner
Gunner

Okaaay :eek:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:12 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Sort of like back in 2nd where you would face a space wolves army with 20 wolf guard terminators mostly with assault cannons or cyclone missle launchers. Or how 2nd for alot of people boiled down to cramming as much into ur character and vehicle allowances as possible while filling ur minimum troops requirements."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:25 pm 
Mature, well groomed miniature enthusiast

kill frenzy wrote:
and im pretty sure god wount like that we killed innocent people either
See, if only everybody who kills in godz namez were that thoughtful...

Mrs. Dr. Remulack wrote:
It is not no wonder that USA children are so, forgive me here, fcuked up!