Login |  Register |  FAQ

Reports from anyone who has played Deathwatch?

Post subject: Reports from anyone who has played Deathwatch?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:21 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

I'm wondering if Deathwatch is worth getting. On one hand, I love the Warhammer 40K universe and I love roleplaying. On the other hand, I can't say I was a fan of the Dark Heresy game.

I would love to give it another try, but for $40 to $60 for the main books, I am hesitant to dive in.

Any word from anyone out there who has played it?

I have played a Necromunda-like RPG that was almost entirely homebrewed, based on the Dark Heresy system. It was more than a bit of tweaking to get it to work though, and it was enough work and make-rule-decisions-on-the-fly that we didn't keep it going past the first campaign. Might Deathwatch be a bit more flexible or closer toward running something like that?

Post subject: Re: Reports from anyone who has played Deathwatch?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:25 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

Yeah, I GM'd a Deathwatch campaign for my son. The rules worked OK and everything (from the point of view of an old AD&D guy), but the world seemed lacking to me. Not only for Deathwatch, but for all the Warhammer 40,000 roleplaying games (viz. Only War, etc.), they didn't have any sourcebooks about any cool places - like Necromunda! They only had stuff for worlds they made up (so as not to contradict any lore, I guess). It was mostly for this reason that I bought Fantasy Flight's Relic, which at least has the Sol system...

P.S. Sorry for the reply being 5 years late!