Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

'Hive-Trash Shipping' A Journeyman Gang WIP (9.7 Update)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:53 pm 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

YES!!!!
It's so f**kin Kool I want to slap my wife! :chaos

Now, go cast it and send me one or two :wink:

http://www.krug666.blogspot.com

Buy my junk

http://www.ebay.com/sch/krug_tr6_138/m. ... pg=&_from=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:21 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Awesome plasma Cannon. I don't think you need a blast shield though. IT would hide the gunner a bit too much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:25 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

That gun mount is so big she doesn't need a blast shield. :lol:

Maybe a few sandbags or crates around the turrety bit would be good though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Rule-of-three wrote:
Awesome plasma Cannon. I don't think you need a blast shield though. IT would hide the gunner a bit too much.

Yeah, I was thinking that myself once everything was all mounted up.

Catferret wrote:
That gun mount is so big she doesn't need a blast shield. :lol:

Maybe a few sandbags or crates around the turrety bit would be good though.

The gun and mount itself provide cover? lol. interesting concept. :twisted: I tried a few other mounts but they were all too weedy.

Sitting on the roof? Not a bad idea. Might try a few on top of the turret itself to see how that looks as well. Though a few sandbags stacked none too high in front of the turrety bit would imply some cover, and would likely be enough to satisfy opponents. I'll have to try it all out.

I've been plotting out parts of the tank in my brain lately, well, I have always been doing that. But I am wondering if the walkway up top should just have some standard railings, or if it should have some solid metal walls to provide more cover. Would the latter be giving myself too much of an advantage game wise? Also don't think I am going to be adding any patched on pieces of metal, you know to fix up damage to the rig, as it will likely look too Orky. Opinions?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedom."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:56 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

It's been a long time coming but once again, really nice work morbid.

I can't wait to see your new GS work, it's never been disappointing. Thanks for sharing, and it's been good to see your thread coming back into its own along with so many other great WIP threads. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:15 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

morbidprogeny wrote:
I am wondering if the walkway up top should just have some standard railings, or if it should have some solid metal walls to provide more cover. Would the latter be giving myself too much of an advantage game wise? Also don't think I am going to be adding any patched on pieces of metal, you know to fix up damage to the rig, as it will likely look too Orky. Opinions?

I think solid metal railways on the rear top would make it too blocky and too military-issue like. Soem regular walkways would be much more in tune with the industrial look.
As for patched up pieces of metal, keep them minimal, use small rivets and don't place them akwardly and it should be un-orky enough :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:36 am 
Cadet
Cadet

I'm a first time poster and I intend to stay now that I've started with Munda as well.

I must say that I don't know if I can make it to the WOLF gig tonight, seeing as I will prob. still try to find my jaw that dropped when I saw all this stuff. ;)

I cannot express the amount of epic win I sense in this thread.
I have seen a metal mechanic model that would be great to add either as pure scenery or as a juve (possibly) for your gang, I will try to find it again but it's a female mechanic with a HUGE wrench leaning on her shoulders.

You also need a granddad-redneck (the "sitting-on-the-porch-shotgun-in-lap-and-drunk-on-moonshine"-guy) sitting somewhere on this monster! ;)

Looking forward to any and all updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:26 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Meh, threadomancy -.-
I hoped that there's finally some update! This awesome log was one of my reasons to join this forum...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:45 am 
Private
Private

I'm gutted...I thought it had been updated. Oh well I may as well throw in praise since I'm massively impressed by that crawler. Its immense and I'd have loved to have seen it painted.

Well done morbidprogeny great work.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:24 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

I haven't checked this forum in what seems like forever. Sadly this is not an update. Barely anything has been done on the project in, what, a year? However I have been staring at the beast lately and am wanting to get back to work on it. There is not much left to do on the exterior at all, and little on the inside. I need help brainstorming on the paint job. And takers?

The only work on it at all in recent months has been on the gunner. She has a top now and I keep hacking her 'daisy dukes' off as they just have not looked right yet. Likely I will be working on her pigtails first then having yet another go at making a smaller las pistol for Bess before anything new on the rig itself. I've had the itch to finish up some of the gangers lately....

Thanks for the praise and motivation guys!!

...... First time I attempt to post in a year and a half and I keep getting critical errors, can't connect to database. what luck.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedom."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:28 am 
Private
Private

Understood - life does that sometimes :-)

Whatever you come up with I'm sure we'd all love to see it. I reckon the paint job has to be massively corroded and weathered, as if the beast's spend decades tramping through the storms and most of its paint is scoured down to the bare metal.

Post subject: Re: 'Hive-Trash Shipping' A Journeyman Gang WIP (9.7 Update)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:19 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

My gods. This whole build is astounding. I wonder if I can coax an update out of morbidprogeny by replying?

I've never seen anything that oozes as much character as this piece. I'm not normally much of an Ash Wastes fan but this has got me all turned around on the matter. Wow!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12