Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

'Hive-Trash Shipping' A Journeyman Gang WIP (9.7 Update)

Post subject: 'Hive-Trash Shipping' A Journeyman Gang WIP (9.7 Update)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:59 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Thought I would post up some WIP shots of the journeyman gang I am currently working on. The idea here is that they are, white-trash, redneck truckers. Tank tops, straw hats, trucker caps, anything cliche that can get heaped upon their heads.

Bess is one of my HTH gangers. currently I am working on her boots. the right boot still needs fleshed out and as well as the left it will need laces. She will need removed from her cork base so that a sole to the boots can be added as well. Her left hand will be hacked off and either an autopistol or possibly a second sword will be added. She'll also be getting a new belt and nice trashy buckle for bling. Not sure if she needs a pony tail or not.... Any thoughts?

Jeb here is the second HTH member of the gang. he is holding a sword in both hands. the pose of the mini just struck me as i was going through the Hasslefree stuff and i could picture him leaping from the rig onto an attacking vehicle and going beserk. Jeb is obviously a little deformed, but whats a little deformity between friends? He is going to be getting a shotgun slung over his back. his boots will be beefed up in the foot area somewhat, i kinda like the fur wrapped look of the upper parts.... I'm not sure if he will be getting a hat of any sort or not.

Odel is a 'shooty' ganger. I just resculpted the brim of his hat late last night after I dropped him on my son's play table and it snapped off. :cry: it needs some trimming down and filling out in spots still. there is now a pin down the ridge of the brim to hopefully prevent further similar incidents. I'm not sure if he's going to just keep the 'autopistol' he has holstered, or if I want to give him a laspistol so as to look a bit more GW. his autogun needs some tweaking imho. I'll be adding a rebreather or something under his left arm where i hacked... erm... i can't remember what I originally hacked off the model.... Not sure what else I want to do with him.

If the kiddos give me a chance, I may take some pictures of the in process Rig later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by morbidprogeny on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:12 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

AWESOME.

This is hilarious and amazingly cool.

I think Odel might look even more redneck with a shotgun. Right now though the "autopistol" looks too high-tech for a "backwoods" gang like you're proposing.

Please please PLEASE tell us you're going to make up your driver with a beer helmet.

Seriously, please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:17 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

LMAO!! beer helmet, i had not thought of that..... most of the gangers are women, but the driver model does have a 'fantasy' helmet on that needs converted.... it was going to be another straw hat..... i'll serioously take that idea under consideration. the driver model will be sitting actually, and i'll have a second model for times when she needs to be up off her butt. maybe the beer helmet is an idea for an outrider, or gunner on the rig. the Heavy will have a heavy stubber mounted, and i have her model all planned out. but the twin linked bolter model i have nothing planned for as of yet. maybe we'll have a drunk hick with a beer helmet manning the big guns...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:15 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

That is really great work, and a brilliant idea.

If you are lucky enough to play in a group that doesn't strictly follow WYSIWYG, then I'd give them all revolvers and shot guns. Knives MUST have serated back edges for that authentic "huntin' knife" look.

Need lots of pot bellies too.

Can't wait to see more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:04 am 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

Pretty darn kool :chaos

http://www.krug666.blogspot.com

Buy my junk

http://www.ebay.com/sch/krug_tr6_138/m. ... pg=&_from=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:17 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

I've got a quick list of ideas for you, if you need any?

-Grease-rags/handkerchiefs in back pants pockets.
-Mullets (guys and girls).
-Cutoff sleeveless flannel shirts.
-Pack of smokes rolled up in a t-shirt sleeve.
-Cooler full of beer in the back of the transport.

Anyway, this is a killer idea and I love it. I will be watching intently. Thanks for the great WIP shots so far!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:49 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

ahh, nap time is a wonderful thing....

The rig thus far. It began as a single Land Raider. but as I was adding more and more for the cab, the conversion bug just kept biting me and I decided to flesh out the interior as well. the top, and possibly one side wall of the cab will be removable for skirmishing in the interior. and cause ima convert-aholic.

Most of the exterior, where it looks like gaps need to be filled is actually filled with superglue and filed down the the desired shape. When working on scratch build by the seat of my pants vehicles, I tend to over glue, and use an accelerator, 'Zip Kicker'. then shape the dried glue as needed with file and knife. this method just helps things get stuck in place fast, and lends to the overall strength of the cobbled together stuff.

Under the 'cab' area I threw together some suitably huge, chunky ancient and possibly xenos looking machinery for the engine. then i painted it fast before continuing to build. Not a lot of the engine will ever be visible, but at least on the 'surface' it looks more impressive than a simple engine block...

the interior is pretty bare bones thus far, except for the drivers 'cockpit'. getting al those screnes and such stuck in there was a right pain. it's not in the picture, but the door you can see on the outside left of the cab is also visible on the inside, along with a bench/fire step next to it, so the gang can fire out of the murder holes. I have several other components of the interior built. a gothic stone arch, lined with shelves full of bones and ancient decrepit weapons and trinkets which is shrine honoring fallen gang heroes of millennia past.

Further planned for the interior, is a command pulpit of sorts for the Journeyman. The crew sleeping compartment with lounging gangers some passed out drunk, some nude in their bunks and some other little fun bits. I need an idea for something fun/funny as entertainment in their compartment... There will definitely be coolers and beer cans/bottles and liquor all over the place. Yeah, i just like to model stuff up a lot, even if it's only use in game is in the entertainment of seeing it.

quick view of the roof so far. the heavy stubber will be mounted up front here, the exact location has yet to be sorted out.

the trailer itself is a tanker, and only the base tank has yet been assembled. I'll have to take a picture of it and get everyones opinion of the scale of the thing, because it's pretty long. But then again crawlers are supposed to be pretty monstrous. I still need a rear set of tracks for the tanker. I am most likely going with the standard Chimera treads for that, though I may have to go with a Land Raider once again due to the height. Not sure if i should use the LR for consistency or not. Though mismatched parts make it look more underhive and such to me.

consectari - i have been toying with the idea of all basic weapons looking like shotguns. I was thinking of plugging the lasgun power cell into a shotgun, so that it can be differentiated. maybe using the Space Marine scout shotguns as auto guns or adding a clip to a shotgun to make it am autogun. basically something that i can show my opponent so that they can tell which gun is which at sight. i think i am still going to just use the regular las pistol, it just feels like a signature Necro weapon to me, or something. all auto pistols will be revolvers, or the 9mm looking stub gun versions for sure.

Weagmacht - all your ideas are great! beer and rolled up smokes were already planned. greasy rags and mullets fule the inspiration further!!

Last edited by morbidprogeny on Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:03 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

Wow! I love that! It's honestly brilliant!

Love your gangers too, I recently sculpted mullets on some Gorkamorka diggas for that hick/redneck look :) Can't wait to see more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:09 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

great looking scratch build tank! simply amazing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Whoa, that's pretty damn cool. :) Love the rig, hope to see it nice and rusty and metallic. :) The minis look great as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:32 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Great sculpts on the hats and boots. A big bucket of kudos for you sir.

Loving the bigrig. Needs a shotgun of some kind on hooks behind the driver's seat. Bull skull (or similar beastie) on the front grill too.

Keep on trucking!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:13 pm 
Gunner
Gunner

These are all awsome!

I love the REDNECK RAIDER!

you should deff give bess a pony tail or two. I love what you have done man keep up the good work!

"X" be the name.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:16 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Thanks everyone! the praise from you guys sure does keep me inspired to 'keep on truckin'. sorry, I couldn't resist it...

the suggestions just keep the ideas rattling around inside my skull. I am intending to hire a Sniper. i hadn't settled on a model idea as of yet, but now i think he'll be swilling a beer or 7 all while trying to aim his rifle. and if you'd ever gamed against me, and my propensity for rolling the exact number that i don't want to roll, it's kind of appropriate to have a drunk sniper. and of course he'll have a nice belly on him.

Easy - the rig will defiantly be nice and rusty. not really sure on a color scheme for it yet. i just need to find the time to work on it more often to get the damn thing completed...

Catferret - The driver shall indeed be armed with a shotgun. it was going to be next to her in a holster of some sort, but your suggestion has changed that. it'll be on a rack behind her head, said rack will likely be attached to the Journeyman's command pulpit/barstool. being a former ferret owner myself, i've always liked your board name.

PainterX - Bess shall likely be getting a pony tail. at least one model will have 2 braids and some 'daisy dukes'

i now find myself deliberating on a few new base models. and here i thought i already had all the base figures i needed. [/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:22 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

That is just Awesome!!! Love it and the mini's for the gang.

Great work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:29 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Ground Zero Games has a pretty good model with cut offs here:
http://www.gtns.co.uk/store1/commerce.cgi?product=BB&exact_match=on&cart_id=9886201.1918
Look at BB-04. You'll need to replace the gun, but she's pretty trashy

There's a nicely painted one on the net, but it's on one of those limited Geocities sites and I can't pull it up now to link.

Any chance the "truck" will have mud flaps w/ a silhouette of a naked woman on them?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next