Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

'Hive-Trash Shipping' A Journeyman Gang WIP (9.7 Update)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:49 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

I reckon the bottle looks perfect size for a wine bottle.

It's probably a little on the large size for a beer bottle (unless that boy's drinking Indian beer!), but I figure your trailer trash gang does a bit of homebrewing, and pours it into any old bottle they've got handy. The bigger the better no doubt!

Was there a homebrew still in the tractor? I can't remember...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:14 am 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

Thanks for the tip on Hasslefree and how you made the bottles, Morbid :wink:
I will patiently await for some PIP photos, and will trudge back to my dungeon to finish more paint jobs and terrorize my neighbors with loud music..... 8-)

http://www.krug666.blogspot.com

Buy my junk

http://www.ebay.com/sch/krug_tr6_138/m. ... pg=&_from=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:53 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

There is no still on the rig...... yet. That'll be on the trailer portion.

The bottle is shaped to look like a bottle of whiskey, or in Necromunda terms, Wild Snake. It may not come across too well in the bare plastic form but should show up nicely when painted. I want to paint it as if it is half full. I've seen a few things painted up like that but need to find a good example of how to accomplish it my own self.

Don't hold off too long on the Hasslefree, they are hard to resist..... I was intending to put an order in during their December Bonus time, but funds were extremely lacking. :-( I've been eying up some of Kev's stuff to convert into Goliath's..... But I'll finish the Hive-Trash first for sure.

Disturbing the jackhole neighbors with loud music is a favorite pastime of mine. Hard to do with a 2 and 4 year old in my house, but I make the attempt every chance I get.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedom."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:46 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Auto-shotty just about done. Little more file work required. Glad I took the mockup with Otis as I remember that I need to file down the mouth of the bottle. Broke the original off whilst working on him last week. :-( How does the scale look? Much smaller than the Las-Shotty, still not sure though.

Not sure if I am just going to mount this right to Otis, or cast it up with green stuff to make life easier as I need more of these. The butt will rest more on his hip, this was a pain in the a$$ to get to sit in place for the picture.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. Breeds that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedom."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:14 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Just went through all of the posts... very very good job. 8-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:34 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

If you are planning on making a few weapons and you don't mind sharing the designs I could get them cast in resin for you and send you some copies? As long as you are happy for me to use them in possibly commercially avalable sculpts?

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:33 am 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

Damn that shotty looks sick!!!!

http://www.krug666.blogspot.com

Buy my junk

http://www.ebay.com/sch/krug_tr6_138/m. ... pg=&_from=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:17 am 
Enforcer

morbidprogeny wrote:
Not sure if I am just going to mount this right to Otis, or cast it up with green stuff to make life easier as I need more of these. The butt will rest more on his hip, this was a pain in the a$$ to get to sit in place for the picture.[/img]

I'd certainly cast it up if I were you. As for scale, I think it's OK maybe a little bit too large, but that's not a huge issue due to the "heroic" scale of most GW minatures.

I'm also not sure you need the clip at the bottom of the gun, it's appearance is a little confusing there because you have the slot for feeding in shells anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:29 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

morbidprogeny wrote:
Not sure if I am just going to mount this right to Otis, or cast it up with green stuff to make life easier as I need more of these.

I'd really like a nice GS casting guide! :D If you go that route, please, do take WIP shots. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and as usual, great work. I'm guessing the slot is for unloading empty shells, though, fen. Could be that the clip is too small or the slot is too big, compared to eachother.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:13 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Eazy-O wrote:
Oh, and as usual, great work. I'm guessing the slot is for unloading empty shells, though, fen. Could be that the clip is too small or the slot is too big, compared to eachother.

Correct. it is the shell ejection port. The clip is so that my opponents can tell it is an autogun, not just a standard shotgun. And yeah, I need to make that port a bit smaller. I carved it out of the gun before I created the clip and now need to shorten it up some. Then again, maybe the clip needs to be larger.....

If I cast this with green stuff, I'll do a tutorial. Casting single sided objects is much simpler than the full 3 dimensional thing. I've only attempted it a few times before.

maxxev - I may take you up on that offer. I'll want to get it cleaned up some more first though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:51 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Hi, I (not reading thins, just looking at the nice pictures...) thought it WAS a shotgun... lol

Perhaps you should leave it as it is, then after it's cast up change the port size, that way for a shotgun you could cut the clip off, for an autogun you make the ejection slot smaller :) win, win :)

Though personally it doesn't look much like an autogun to me at all, sorry. It just looks like a shotgun with a random clip stuck under it... I thought maybe it was some kind of mount, though why you would want to mount a shotgun...

Anyway, I am willing to get it cast for you if you agree to allow me to use it, but I warn you now, my stuff is not ready yet and may not be for a month or so...

It would also be nice if it wasn't just one gun.... but that's up to you of couse.
Hell as I posted in my sculpting thread, I'm looking for someone to "partner" on weapons with, i.e. they "sculpt" all the weapons (out of anything being as they will be cold resin cast) I pay to have them cast and send some free to the sculptor whislt keeping some to use in sculpts. Obviously I want them to be nice looking guns.

If anyone has seen the stuff that Doctor thunder has posted in the past, think of that but just with guns & stuff... and i'm looking at some of YOU to be doing the sculpting..... Perhaps I should start a seperate thread...

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:49 am 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Maybe I'll switch the clip to one that is arced, like an AK 47 so that it is more obvious. These are first attempts on the shotgun types and I am really looking for feedback as to how they look to everyone. Need to see if I am actually accomplishing my goal.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:07 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

For something that would count as an autogun, you really want something that looks like one of the semi auto or automatic shotguns. They look a lot like assault rifles. The Spas15, H&K CAWS, AA12 or Pancor Jackhammer would be a good starting point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:11 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

While incredible weapons, none of those look like what we think of when we say, 12 gauge shotgun. My intention is for the whole gang of rednecks to look like they have shotguns even though they represent different weapons. I am trying to keep it WYSIWYG as possible for my opponents. Both of the barrels on my version have the flash suppressor, muzzle brake or whatever you call to imply that both barrels are used when firing. The bottom one is not intended to be the magazine like on a traditional shotgun. Also the pump doesn't truly need to eb functional, but more or less is just a grip. Though it could still be functional in loading the next shell into the appropriate barrel. Just some of the ideas behind why I designed the thing the way it is.

I had been contemplating giving it the drum clip as it makes a lot of sense with a shotgun. My current clip does look too small. I may just bulk the clip out so it looks more appropriate. Though I am giving serious consideration to changing it to the 'tommy gun' style clip, or the 'sickle' shape. I am not too concerned if it looks odd to have a shotgun with a clip on it, I just really want it to look WYSIWYG as possible without loosing that traditional look of a 12 gauge.

It does not need to be entirely plausible as to how the weapon could truly function, just look believable and recognizable for what it is, a crossbreed of shotgun and autogun.

Any other thoughts? sickle clip? drum clip? or just a larget version of the current one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:52 am 
Private
Private

I think a drum clip wopuld look better.

The Auto(shot)Gun is looking greally sweet, but still, it looks like a shotgun :)

Necromunda - Escher, In Progress

Warpscum's Blog: http://warpscum.blogspot.com/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next