Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

PDH - Scavvy Gang - Painting and Modelling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:54 pm 
Private
Private

Hey Cancer.

It is indeed a plasticard strip. No heating was involved I just cut it off an A4 sheet of really thin plastic card.

I cut it to size then check the length and checked again. I then used plastic glue and glued it in place and jobs a good un....is what I wished happened.

The only reason it worked at all was because of the back pack. I tucked the top of the strap behind the backpack and then bent the strap round the torso and then managed to tuck the bottom under the backpack too. If it wasn't for this it would have kept pinging off. During the drying time I had to keep moving it back into place as it kept on sliding ever so slightly due to the pressure.

In hindsight I should have used super glue (where I'd have added a little bit at a time) as the plastic glue would not dry fast enough and because it kept moving it melted some of the details.

As for plastic glue I hope everyone stops buying from GW and gets this one instead. Its massively superior and much less wasteful oh and you have control over it too.
http://www.kidstoys4u.co.uk/model-kit-accessories/revell-contacta-professional-mini-liquid-glue-for-plastics-125g-model-kits-accessories-1988061-370558-.php (no idea about the website I just linked the first one I found on google)

Hope that helps

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:16 am 
Private
Private

Flamekebab wrote:
Eco-domes are certainly feasible, but oxygen farms/carbon dioxide sponges have useful applications in industry in a place like Hive Primus, I reckon.

I always assumed the wood came from giant mushrooms...like on 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:28 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

with reguards to the glue: who buys GW glue anyway? i never have done. poundland sell 10 pack of super glue for you know what price and the local toy shop sells plastic glue that half the price anyway. each time i buy something there they ask if i want some glue etc.
you guys got a good link for the plas card? i would like to have a play with some.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:47 pm 
Private
Private

GuardianLight - Giant mushrooms also makes sense to me.

squevil - For bog standard plastic card (like I used on Beaumont) I've got an excellent model railway shop which is a 5 min walk away from my house.

But I bought the double tread plate plastic card (the stuff I used for the bases of my walkways) from here: http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/ and I got a very prompt service, they have loads of different sizes and types too.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:01 pm 
Gunner
Gunner

Good to see the fences finished. Can't wait to see more of your stuff PDH.

Quote:
you guys got a good link for the plas card?

I get mine from http://www.antenocitisworkshop.com/mate ... rials.html a good selection of different textures and thicknesses on the site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:27 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

thanks very much and as im from the midalands i wont have trouble getting it either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:29 am 
Private
Private

Tad confused as to what happened to my previous post....Oh well.

squevil - I suggested the very same website as Cassius. Ordered from the them in the past and they delivered promptly too.

I'm lucky enough to have a really good model railway shop 10 mins walk from my house now so I don't need to order online any more.

My only advice about using plasticard is make sure it is square before you start cutting it up. I once bought some and it was slightly wonky.

In other news I have finally, after 16 years, finished painting all my Necromunda bulkheads. Now I need to work on the plasticard floor sections.... I should have it all finished by 2026. lol

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:06 am 
Private
Private

I've finished another one.

This is Hank "Bad" Lucky

Named after Woody in Toy Story, due to the red neckerchief.

I'm pretty happy how he turned out as I wasn't really enjoying painting him. I'm really pleased with the neckerchief pattern and the bleached thigh bones.

I've now got another blunderbuss armed scavvy and a shaman in the works.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:56 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

you have painted him to a very nice standard, why did you not enjoy painting that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:19 am 
Private
Private

squevil - Cheers. I just wasn't in the mood for painting, I wanted to do some converting and modelling. I also found a terrible mold line on the left holster when I was painting it.

I have a rule (that occasionally gets broken): I have to finish painting model A before I get to create model B. It keeps me productive and means that I will actually get a painted scavvy gang together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:24 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PDH wrote:
squevil - Cheers. I just wasn't in the mood for painting, I wanted to do some converting and modelling. I also found a terrible mold line on the left holster when I was painting it.

I have a rule (that occasionally gets broken): I have to finish painting model A before I get to create model B. It keeps me productive and means that I will actually get a painted scavvy gang together.

i wish i could do that when it came to armies too. they are never going to be done, i accept that now lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:50 pm 
Private
Private

Ah well it doesn't work quite as well for my armies. :roll: I've pretty much given up...but I do plan on painting my Imperial Guard army......lmao!

Post subject: Re: PDH - Scavvy Gang - Painting and Modelling.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:49 am 
Private
Private

To give me break from the Inquisition and they say a change is as good as a rest.

It's back onto the Scavvies.....they need to be playable - minus dogs and zombies by 6th October. The good news with these guys is the grunts don't take thaaaat long to paint.

I should be painting the two scavvies at the back of the picture but Games Workshop have done it again. Another fantastic plastic character in a blister! This time the Goblin Shaman who have the coolest staff is getting scavvified! I'll be using the staff top on my scavvy boss.

Originally I planned on having this little guy as a bog standard scavvy but when I got him perched on the rocks I found my winged mutant. I'm so excited I'm sharing a very WIP shot (doesn't even have a right hand yet). He sort of reminds me of a very ugly butterfly or moth....even though he has bat wings. Oh and I'll be changing his head to that of a screaming ghoul.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:05 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Hope to see this flying monkey soonish, man. Even at this stage looks awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:55 pm 
Private
Private

Hi guys

Winged Mutant WIP not a massive change from the previous WIP but a new head and things are actually attached.

Just need to undercoat him now.

Work on the savage orc warboss to scavvy is on hold until I get my hands on some crypt horror heads.....fingers crossed tomorrows post...come on Royal Mail :thumbsup:

Cheers Yardie hope he looks ok.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next