Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

PDH - Scavvy Gang - Painting and Modelling.

Post subject: Re: PDH - Scavvy Gang - Painting and Modelling.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:52 am 
Private
Private

Hi Guys. Been a while and I've finished a Scavvy and its been nice a break painting something for fun with no deadline. Besides it is always good getting back into Necromunda. Finally finished the Scavvy Shaman :-)

Skavvy Shamen Baron Neezer

Really happy with the base...the crackle paint is great stuff for breaking up flat surfaces....also looks right in the underhive.

He is going to be used as a simple scavvy but I think I might paint up three giant rats and also make him a beastmaster wyrd....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:23 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

oh man thats so cool, make a great chaos sorc too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 pm 
Private
Private

Hey Squevil :)

I am pretty sure he will get used as cult sorcerer for Inq28 at some point. It is quite sad that the scavvies haven't come out to play Necro yet.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

my friend loves his chaos. he would def give it the thumbs up! might have to nurgle him up a little more though!

i wouldnt mind trying 28mm inquisitor some time myself.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:27 am 
Private
Private

I wasn't planning on putting up this really early WIP but seeing as a pic of the gang turned up on the front page of Dakka I thought why the hell not.

This morning I have got some good progress done on the blue tac phase of my scavvy boss!!! I was holding out in hope of a finecast Warlord Spinetail but I need to the boss for a "Confrontation" in September.

Is the back banner too much?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:19 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Hey, PDH, each of your new entries looks even cooler! They work as great inspiration and motivation. The banner looks absolutely in place by the way - the hook is waiting for a fresh snack-o-human-flash. When will the guy show off in colour? How's your overall progress with the gang?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 pm 
Private
Private

Hey yardie. Thanks, I'm really enjoying building a scavvy again its been a while. :weird

I've managed to get quite a bit done on him this week, this shotgun is nearly finished and I am really happy with it. I hope to have him ready for undercoat by Sunday. A unanimous vote of yes for the banner means its staying. Though I'm having problems working out how to attach it since he has such a hunchback. Thanks I love the idea of adding something fleshy to the hook....I've sure I have a severed hand somewhere.

The boss will be painted by the 7th September when I am off to Warhammer World to play proto-necromunda - Confrontation with the Spikey Rat Boys amongst others.

Check out Kari's Brat Gang http://spikyratpack.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/confrontation-gangers-wip.html

As for the rest of the gang... more mutants, some scavvy dogs and zombies (I am determined to wait for new GW zombies but I guess I will be waiting a long time). The winged mutant needs painting and I'm hoping I may have time to paint him by the 7th Sept too. I have an orge mutant partly built. I really want to have a mutie with eye stalks and an autogun. Not sure when any of this will get done as I'm in no rush.
I have a Slaaneshii Coven for Inq28 and a Nuglitch Warband for Realm of Chaos Slaves to Darkness to paint.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:39 am 
Cadet
Cadet

I have lazy and not-in-a-hurry approach (it's hobby not a job after all), but I hope to soon show some of my necro boys: custom cawdor made from bretonean peasants and van saar based on empire handgunners. Also I have a ton of 40k orks which I want converted to fit the ramshakle ork background. After three year I still have all of them half-finished WIPs. My newborn son to my surprise let me spend more time on hobby as I'm stuck at home most the time now. Have to finish something up soon 'cause it leads to some playing in the end))

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:46 am 
Private
Private

Yardie - Perfect mindset - its a hobby not a job. I couldn't think of anything worse than turning my hobby into a job. Though my friends at GW seem to do ok.

Cawdor my favourite house, really looking forward to seeing what you do. The Van Saars sound like a big leap from handgunners..count me intrigued. It does seem like having kids :x| s the hobby somewhat....but just think when he is 20 you can kick him out the house and turn his room into a games room!

Ok so got him built over the last week. I am so happy with him, better than I envisioned in my head when I first thought of using Spinetail. My favourite bit is the "sawn off shotgun" and tiny trophy foot on the banner. Really looking forward to painting him, which I will start later this week. He didn't photo well reflection wise that is why he is in grey scale.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:46 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

wow man thats one badass looking kitbash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:08 am 
Private
Private

I am really having problems with my photo set up....I need to work on it,

My Scavvy Boss is finished....click to zoom in

He hit the gaming table yesterday and managed to down a couple of Kari's Brats with a scatter shell http://spikyratpack.blogspot.co.uk/2013 ... wasps.html (note that the scavvy boss has stolen a shoulder pad from this gang :P )

before Neil's Techs took out my entire gang in one turn! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 18718.page

I'm sure some pics of the game will turn up somewhere...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:47 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

Great as always! I really like massive neck that wasn't obvious unpainted. Also using rival pattens on the model as loot from the battle is really characterful. Looking forward to the batrep hope it also features some pictures of the action.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:40 pm 
Private
Private

Cheers Yardie. The neck is one of my favourite bits. The thing with mutants and skavvies is they can be so misformed it makes it easy to give them ott bits like the neck and get away with it.

My good friend Neil has done a fantastic write up of the game on his blog with 211 pictures! http://opusmaius.blogspot.co.uk/

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:59 am 
Private
Private

Hi all

I've been inspired by Grag and William over at Pontifex to finish another scavvy. So instead of painting a big bloody slug today I knocked out Fink, the winged mutant.

Massively happy with the dark skin. I wanted him to be reminiscent of a bat. I imagine the problem I'll have is he'll be very well camouflaged on the battlefield I'll forget to use him.

I also tried to get some better shots of the boss...still not quite right but better

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:16 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

These guys are amazing awesome!

I like the weathering on the batwinged fella. The cracking on the base he is standing on, is that one of the newer GW paint effects? I saw those at the local game store and was thinking about giving them a try.

The boss looks super hard! I would actually be a little apprehensive to have my gang face off with him and his lads that's for sure :)

McCragge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next