Login |  Register |  FAQ

Epic Dark Angels!!

Post subject: Epic Dark Angels!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:04 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Hello all;

After my Second Edition Space Marine Battle last week I have been motivated to get off my arse and finish of some Epic 6mm Dark Angels that have been sitting on my work station for some considerable time. I now have over three hundred Unforgiven space marines ready to roll.

This is no mean feat, particularly as I have for some reason decided to paint the chapter symbol on every marines shoulder pad.... This is fairly intensive and time consuming!! In fact I have even gone so far as to paint the minute break in the sword blade on the Deathwing's symbology!!

I am happy to have this Thunderhawk up and running so that it can transport my scouts into the thick of the action; and it looks pretty cool!! Oh and it's rockets, battle cannon and bolters are pretty devastating! I have learned quickly that being able to thrust troops into the opponent's deployment zone early on can deal them a fatal blow that they'll struggle to recover from. The Thunderhawk is the ideal medium for delivering this armoured fist; and has proved to be certain effective; I'm hoping to knock up a few more of these flying fortresses soon.

There's a few more photos on my blog of various other formations that I have just completed and I have had put on a brief tutorial at the request of a fellow Oldhammerer.

Cheers all;

Legio

My Retro 40k blog can be found at the link above - Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Epic Dark Angels!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:16 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

that looks great. i collect 28mm DA (amongst my other armies XD). id love some epic battles, but nobody has any models, including myself. looks good though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:09 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Cheers mate;

My 28mm armies are crimson fists; salamanders; flesh Tearers and battle sisters so I'm not sure why I chose dark angels for my 6mm army. I may do a matching 28mm for continuity purposes!

Epic is awesome, if you can source a copy of second edition then I strongly recommend it!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:01 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Well after a hectic day of work I have also managed to complete a dark angels veteran detachment; in fact this force were completed from start to finish in less than 24 hours!!

These veteran Astartes are now formed up next to the larger companies from my earlier post. Next up I'll crack on with that Armoured Support!