Login |  Register |  FAQ

WIP - 6mm Epic Titans!

Post subject: WIP - 6mm Epic Titans!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:36 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Well with the renewed internet in Epic that has taken off recently; and the talk of a mass battle at Oldhammer day between Chico; Thantsants and myself it seems I need to speed up production and so I've started on these:

That's right; what you see there are six 1980s Titans (3 Warlords; 1 Reaver; 2 Warhounds). I've had these for a while but the up coming game had spurred me on to actually do something with them... I'll let you know how it goes!!!

There's more info on my Epic progress on my blog!

My Retro 40k blog can be found at the link above - Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: WIP - 6mm Epic Titans!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Well after a tough day at work yesterday I decided to crack on with my new cohort of titans. After much deliberation I decided that they would be painted red like the old studio armies from 1990/1993 and so set about applying the red in layers.....whilst they would be based on those old classics I wanted to make the outcome a bit grittier in appearance.....

I based all the titans in Chaos black spray then started off with a few solid layers of Mephitson red which I then gradually blended with evil sunz scarlet, eventually highlighting with wild rider red. When this was dry I added a glaze of the new bloodletter.... I'm starting to regret this final layer as while the glaze certainly did emphasise the colours it did obscure some of my gradual layers of shading. Oh well .... Back to the work station!

Post subject: Re: WIP - 6mm Epic Titans!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:23 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Well today has been eventful. Whilst weight lifting I dropped a 20kg weight on my finger; this caused the nail to go black with excess blood.... So I broke out my amatuer apothecary kit; heated up a needle and paper clip and lanced them into my nail to release the pressure...the pain was excruciating and the amount of blood that poured out was really quite horrifying!! Unfortunately I had to push this burning hot metal into my smouldering flesh nine times to hit the full amount of swelling which was pretty emotional. Sadly this high tech medical procedure wasn't enough to deal with it and I had to go to Hospital for an X-Ray and to have another even larger hole drilled through the nail to expunge more blood....by the end of my visit I knew how a dying space marine feels when someone extracts his gene seed.

Anyway I still managed to fit in a little painting time; though it was hard to see clearly through the tears of agony!!!

I mainly focused on adding some yellow and black chevrons on different parts of the assorted titans carapaces! Simple; but time consuming due the amount of layers required to build up a solid base colour; the pigment in yellow paint is so translucent!

Here are the results....

Hope you enjoy.....