Login |  Register |  FAQ

Alternative Model Ideas

Post subject: Alternative Model Ideas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:37 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hello everyone! It's been quite some time since I last ventured this way! While I've been keeping the blog up periodically, I remember that EFF was always a great source of help.

Members of my gaming group have expressed an interest in playing Necromunda again, and while I've been slowly stockpiling over the years, my actual model count would not be enough to sustain the potential interest (detailed numbers in a later post). With eBay prices for these old models on the rise, I don't think it would be financially feasible for me to use only GW produced Necromunda models for our upcoming campaign.

With that in mind, my question: what models from others companies do you use in your Underhive adventures and/or which plastic kits (GW or others) do you use for kitbashing some awesome, unique models? I had a list going at one point years ago but lost it, and there are a lot of new products out there since I last compiled it anyway.

Ideally I'd like the scale to fit as closely as possible to the original Necromunda models, but I know that there are great models out there that are just a hair shorter/taller that work just fine.

I wouldn't mind seeing this (or something similar) turned into a sticky if that's possible for the benefit of everyone.

I appreciate your help! I will make sure to contribute to this thread when I find cool stuff too!

Post subject: Re: Alternative Model Ideas
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:41 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Model count as of now:

Eschers: 20*
Goliaths: 13
Delaque: 2
Orlock: 9
Van Saar: 9
Cawdor: 15
Redemptionists: 17
Ratskins: 6**
Arbites: 10
Pit Slaves: 1
Spyrers: 1
Hired Guns: 3

*10 are fun kitbashes from the Dark Eldar line
**1 of these is actually special character Brakkar the Avenger

Some of them are missing guns/melee weapons, so some conversion work will be needed on a few of them.

Post subject: Re: Alternative Model Ideas
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:41 pm 
The Threadomancer

Heresy miniatures do nice alternative Delaque. Hasslefree do some interesting Sci Fi models. Mantic do an increasing range of 40Kish models. There are many model manufacturers now that it shouldn't be a problem filling gaps in your collection.

My Blog