Login |  Register |  FAQ

Rogue Trader Salamanders Librarian

Post subject: Rogue Trader Salamanders Librarian
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:45 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

After churning out some Rogue Trader grunts last week I decided to get another long term project for this classic old game off my paint station and onto the battlefield.

I really think that Rogue Trader, and indeed all old school games are even more enjoyable when you play them with models from the appropriate era and as such I have tracked down this fellow to lead my Salamanders force. He is a 1987 Space Marine Librarian equipped with a useful Force Sword... and arguably less useful book!

As he is a character model I decided to lavish a bit more attention on him particularly as his rich, blue armour is likely to draw the eye during games!

If you look closely you will see that no 'metallic' paints have been used anywhere on the model; in fact all areas of bare metal have been achieved by using non-metallic metal (NMM) techniques. This is my first attempt at this advanced method of painting metals and overall I am very pleased with how it turned out.

The rest of the armour was painted by progressive layers of blending designed to create a smooth look across the model as a whole. I achieved this by starting off with a relatively dark base-coat and then gradually adding a small amount of skull white to each layer. I think the end result was worth the additional effort (and time) and I feel it is a fitting model to lead my Space Marine Force to victory!

There are some more photos and a bit more info on my blog at: http://classicastartes.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/rogue-trader-space-marine-librarian-non.html#more

My Retro 40k blog can be found at the link above - Enjoy!

Post subject: Re: Rogue Trader Salamanders Librarian
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:15 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

That is a good looking Librarian. I would love to see all the Classic Salamanders that you have.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:20 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

I was never a big fan of this model, but wow that paint job makes it look amazing!

McCragge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:18 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Cheers Guys; thanks for your kind words!

I'll try and do a group Salamanders shot at some point, however if you check out the earlier posts on my blog there are loads of Salamanders photos...and a few other old school RT bits too!

My Retro 40k blog can be found at the link above - Enjoy!