Login |  Register |  FAQ

Gorkamorka Rebel Grots - Scratchbuilt vehicles

Post subject: Gorkamorka Rebel Grots - Scratchbuilt vehicles
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:52 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

A few friends are planning on joining me for a Gorkamorka campaign in the not too distant future and so a new mob was called for. I've never fielded Rebel Grots before and as the new plastic grots are so cheap and easy to convert, I thought they'd make ideal models for the mob.

The next hurdle was the fact that the vehicles are no longer available. They come up on eBay sometimes but they're usually not cheap. That and I always felt all the Gorkamorka vehicles suffered from being too damn small.

How many modern Orks can one get on the old trukks, for example? Well, I may have gone a little overboard with my grot big lugga:
(clicky to embiggen)

I've also been building some grot cuttas. They're finished, but not fully painted yet. I've also got another three grots or so to paint, but other than that, they're ready to go.

Admittedly my cuttas are bigger than most ork trukks, but hopefully one can imagine that they're relatively rickety and are only mildly more stable than a soggy gingerbread house. I'll get them painted up soon, then there'll be photos.

I've also got an Ork mob under construction. None of the orks are painted, but the customised vehicles are pretty much done. I might post photos of them too, but I thought my scratch-built big lugga might be more interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:03 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

That's pretty cool. I was thinking about making some Grot vehicles, too, now that the plastic grot sprues are available. And don't worry about the size, Gorkamorka vehicles could be any size you wanted really, although, seeing as you asked, you could only comfortably fit three, maybe four boys (depending upon how they were posed) on Gorkamorka bases into a Trukk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:11 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Well, to update. No new painting has happened, but as it stands one of my cuttas will not be getting painted just yet.

It has suffered during a raid on a Digga encampment and was destroyed, its poor driver clubbed over the head and dragged away.
It does encourage me to finish painting my other Grot cutta - Freedumz Wingz.

Hopefully I'll get it painted in the next few days and can post some photos.

Post subject: Re: Gorkamorka Rebel Grots - Scratchbuilt vehicles
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:57 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I've no idea how Spyrers would compare, to be honest. I've not played against them in Necromunda, let alone in a setting mash-up :D

Sadly the vehicles didn't survive me moving house and need to be redesigned and rebuilt at some point.