Login |  Register |  FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

My continued Underhive Terrain adventures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:36 am 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

oh wow those are really nice. is the rust made by air brush? im serriously in need of one.
we have just got the go ahead to hire the local youth centre for £6 an hour. so building scenery is going to be on the todo list

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:20 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Shanty little shack! Started work on my Shanty Town board, here's a large-ish group shot:

Some more close-ups and info on my blog:
http://empireofghosts.blogspot.com/2011/11/terrain-wip-shanty-town.html

Are you going to Adepticon 2012? Interested in playing in a Necromunda Tournament? PM me for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:03 pm 
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

omg im really envious! id love all of that. they are perfect for any type of game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:41 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I'm finally finished with work on the shanty town and wanted to post pics of the finished pieces before painting and small details. I mentioned how they were built in my previous post so I won't re-hash that here.

More info and MUCH more pics here

Are you going to Adepticon 2012? Interested in playing in a Necromunda Tournament? PM me for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:47 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

oooooh, I really like the look of those shanties, and the rest of the work in your thread. Some very inspiring work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:40 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

As always, sir, you disgust me with how well you make terrain. But instead of jealousy I will instead attempt to gain inspiration from your many updates and work hard on my own stuff!

For your structures, what size/thickness plasticard do you use?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:19 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Well, it's not as nice as I wanted it to be but for a few days work (total), I think it makes a fairly nice board. Mostly, I'm frustrated by the fact that the weathered wood tutorial I found online do NOT work the way the author pictured (which is why much of the wooden pieces appear white-washed, rather than weathered).

More pics on my blog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:20 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

mafiacheese wrote:
As always, sir, you disgust me with how well you make terrain. But instead of jealousy I will instead attempt to gain inspiration from your many updates and work hard on my own stuff!

For your structures, what size/thickness plasticard do you use?

It varies, nothing under .40" though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:31 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Have you ever used any of the thinner stuff for detail work? I bought some .30 because it seems like I remember someone on here used it to etch out details (because the material is sturdier than card or cardboard) and then attached it to larger terrain pieces, but I haven't turned it up in the older threads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:44 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

mafiacheese wrote:
Have you ever used any of the thinner stuff for detail work? I bought some .30 because it seems like I remember someone on here used it to etch out details (because the material is sturdier than card or cardboard) and then attached it to larger terrain pieces, but I haven't turned it up in the older threads.

Yes, I've used thinner plasticard for detailing work. It's just not sturdy enough for underlying structures under .40"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:25 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I threw together a small marketplace in a few days this past weekend. I was inspired by Nevermore's thread on Lead Adventure on how to make simple market stalls from matchsticks and foamboard. The tutorial is really simple and the only changes I made were adding a second crossbrace to the end pieces and using pre-printed fabrics on the roofs.

I used some charms as small sculptures, rolls of fabric, some dollhouse cutlery and dishes, and various weapons to round out the goods offered.

The sack stacks are made from oven-baked clay. I just rolled out a length, cut small pieces and tapered the edges before building up the stack and using a piece of canvas to add texture to the surface of the stacks. 30 minutes of bake time and 30 minutes of drybrushing and a wash and viola! - instant sacks!

More pics of the market here

Post subject: Re: My continued Underhive Terrain adventures
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:13 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

For all your Underhive or Post-Apocalyptic needs, look no further than these handy little concrete pipe bunkers!

More pics and info:
http://empireofghosts.blogspot.com/2013 ... -pipe.html

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:12 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Man I really love all your terrain, I would love to see it all set up on a table with miniatures battling it out.

The market place is awesome, using printed fabrics for the top covers makes it look so authentic. The only thing I could think of to add would be like hanging goods (dead animals/meat stuff like that.)

The bags, super simple to make like you said, yet so effective looking with the rest of the stalls and stuff. Man awesome!

The pipe bunkers are cool as hell too! could use a bit of graffiti or battle scaring perhaps? Just for color of course :)

McCragge

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:13 pm 
Cadet
Cadet

i'm in the middle of building a 3 storey pipe outlet at the mo, mostly from a kid's shape set. But yours are quite inspiring, ASoc. Those market pieces are pretty cool too, We've made a few kinds but they never really capture the look properly. Maybe I need to refer to the artwork...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:13 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

What!? More Necromunda terrain??? Shut yo face!

More info below:
http://empireofghosts.blogspot.com/2013 ... munda.html

Collapsed Dome Walls

Bulkhead Structure

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next