Login |  Register |  FAQ

Help with a large circular tank--Pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:51 pm 
Master Gunner
Master Gunner

Looks like those new tall tube hubs really help tie everything together. I like the height and interconnectivity. It's kind of funny that the new hub is big enough that it has terrain on it itself. Is that one of those hexagon chemical plant sets or whatever? How long have you been working on your terrain?

I moved from my home country, and left all my terrain behind. So here I decided to start Necromunda again, and had to build all the terrain from scratch to do so. So I went through phases as I built. First phase was a ton of quick, basic structures, unpainted and rough, just to get something on the table. Then I made more ground cover to make it more playable. Then I started building up. Now that I've finally got a good set of terrain, I'm going back and painting it, and modifying it from in-game feedback.

Are you currently in a situation like that? Slowly phasing out the lego with normal terrain? Then after you get a nice set, you'll make go back and paint everything properly?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:40 am 
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks for posting those pics. Got lots of inspiration from them. Love the use of puffer casings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:07 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Most of my Lego stuff I built 3-4 years ago when we were playing a mordhiem campaign. One of them I built specifically to be un-accessable from the ground. You could only reach the first floor (8 inches off the ground) by coming from another building. It made a really great center-piece. (Lego really makes some great castle sets). But yeah, my plan is to build some stuff to replace the lego buildings, so I can return them to my lego supply. Then I'll go back and touch my buildings up a bit. In my copious spare time of course (I still have 4 armies begging me to finish them, also in my copious spare time)

The tank I started working on about a year ago (okay, I checked the thread, and it was closer to 18 months), and I started the Pringles tower about the same time. I finally got around to paint the pringles tower last month (and by "painting," I mean I sprayed it with grey, and glued on some screens and stuff from the Printable Assets thread). I've had the composite tubes since about 2002, I just haven't known what to do with them. The platforms they connect with still need some work (The tabs I glued to hold the tubes in place keep breaking off, plus they need a serious coat of paint.) The power plant is one of the Hexagon sets, and I also have the chemical plant and one of the platformer sets, as well as a Basillica administratum still on the sprues. I've got plans for some of the chemical plant pieces, and the power plant is completely unglued so I can cannibalize it later for other creations. I've got a box full of interesting bits, and two more pringles cans waiting for inspiration to strike (and spare time. of course.)

Going back to the tank, I've got plans to make a grating walkway out of cross-stitch plastic with some cardboard or balsa-wood beams underneath it for bracing. They are still rather nebulous plans, so don't hold your breath. But when I do get it done (in my copious spare time, of course!), I will be sure to post picutres.

If there's anything you'd like a closer picture of, let me know and I'll try to oblige you.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:05 pm 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Well, it's been a while, but I've finally gotten back to this tank. I've now got an attached control building and a walkway.

Without further ado, here's the pics!
IMG_1702

IMG_1703

IMG_1704

IMG_1705

IMG_1706
And finally:
IMG_1707

I'm not completely finished with it, but it's pretty close. I'm giving it to a buddy for Christmas, so I'd better hurry it up.

Any comments are welcome!