Login |  Register |  FAQ

Katana/Snoopy Group Story Brainstorming Thread

Post subject: Katana/Snoopy Group Story Brainstorming Thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:25 am 
Private
Private

This is pretty much a thread of me and katana brainstorming some ideas for a joint fluff story for necromunda we will start in two weeks or so when i finish my exams.

So far we got this from the discussion of killing nightmares thread.

A teenager around 16, lives with an abusive family, he one day finds an autopistol, he has kept it a secret knowing his family would take it from him and sell it, one day on his way to his shed from target practice in the wastes to hide his gun his father discovers him and his posession, he smacks him around partly because he is drunk, the boy gets hit one too many times and in a fit of passionate rage shoots him, knowing his brothers would get vengeance he flees the settlement.

katana proposed that he is found dying in the wastes by nomads/outlaws and has to prove himself

Katana, i agree with your idea of him being found dying in the wastes but i would rather have outlaws as nomads dont take in outsiders i dont think. Umm if you agree to go with outlaws perhaps brainstorm some really mean characters or if you wanna go nomads feel free to prove me wrong :D

Peace Snoopy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:54 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Hey snoopy, if you think the nomads don't accept the outsiders you're probably right (i haven't looked at any of the stuff for nomads)
I'll brainstorm a couple of characters off the top of my head though.

Xai Shotgun. Xai, ex-watchman run out of town for being overzealous in taking down fugitives (itchy trigger fingers) Xai usually goes around with two sawn-off shotguns, the origin of his nickname.
Xai's small, but has bulky arms which he has managed to perfect with the art of absorbing the recoil from his guns.
The man is very independant, and refuses help of any sort, totally ignores any orders, and is often considered a dangerous liberty.
Xai is prone to pull his guns at a moment's notice, and is equally fast with his machetem which he uses to settle arguements in a rather terminal way.

Snake. Probably from House Delaque, Snake has little in common from his uphive brothers, what he does have is the love for stealth and general sneakiness. Snake wears a balaclava with a shaded lense all of the time, as well as a skintight bodysuit. Snake's weapon of choice is a crossbow with poisoned bolts, but is also proficent with all manner of garrottes and knives.
Snake usually stays aloof from the group, but is infuriated somehow by Xai Shotgun, and a careleesly spoken word can have them at each others' throats.

The Saw. The Saw is a mysterious figure (little is known of him), but also a psycotic one, a mad docter, people do well to avoid him. In a battle, his weapons of choice are his monsterously overscaled docter's tools.
Saw often tries to persuade members of the gang to help him out but has not succeded yet. However, Saw is a decent medic, and several gang members owe him their lives, and while this won't convince them to help him, it does mean he has rather a lot of respect throughout the gang.

Hope these were along the lines of what you were thinking of Snoopy, I can probably cook up some more nasty customers in a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:12 am 
Private
Private

Hmm good work, id love to add more but im writing this between exams (only 3 more to go but ive stuffed em all up :-( )

If you want we can make the story really really raw e.g. after boy joins the gang but is still a juve someone tries to rape him or something, though that might be taking it too far, your shot on this one.

Ill try to add more later on this week and the next but i prob wont be able to.

Peace Snoopy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:44 pm 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

I think that might be going too far, though I think there's plenty of stuff that could involve The Saw which could get nasty.
He's like an ork mad dok/painboss, except he's a human.

"Fridgehead" Ron.
Ron aquired his rather unusual nickname when a (you guessed it) fridge, tumbled from a window and landed on top of him (luckily the door opened otherwise he would be called flathead) Since then he's been unable to shake off the name, he's equally unable to shake off the status of total klutz. Fridgehead is a source of constant exasperation but makes up for it slightly with his prowess with stubguns. Armed with three, Fridgehead can preform all manner of tricks with them, including juggling them while firing.

Nail.
Nail used to be an imperial guard officer, respected for his ability, though not for his manner. After killing a superior in anger Nail deserted the guard, becoming a pirate for some time, however, his stolen ship was critically damaged, and he and his few surviving crew members were marrooned on the Hive world.
Nail is prone to lash out, and has an especially ugly temper, fortunately he gets on rather well with Xai Shotgun, otherwise things would soon get out of hand.
In battle Nail employs a power sword and an unusally powerful laspistol, both heirlooms of his guard days, as well as his ragged uniform.

I'll try and come up with some actual story ideas soon, rather than just leaving you to do all the work :D
Also, throw any character ideas you feel like (for those i've already put down) if you think it'll make them better.

Katana, pen's mighty for this sword.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:05 am 
Private
Private

Ok the characters from the first section ie. the family and the kid though im not too sure but ive just begun typing coming back from my exams so lets have a shot.

Jim- Main character- talking from a 3rd point of view perspecttive- a 16 year old teenager, lanky build but much tougher than he looks, would have to be since he is living with a family such as his. Father, a drunk and abusive man, his two brothers would give deamons a run for their money in malice. Staunchly disbelieves what his father calls his mother, believes that she simply packed up like any other sensible woman would and left the abusive bastard yet the fact that she did not take him with her cuts him deep.

Mack- the father- a notorious drunk in the settlement, well known for his heavy drinking problems and outbursts of anger and violence, more often than not. Forcefully retired from the watch for corruption. Hates his son Jim because he is a quote 'the spawn of that retched whore who ran off leaving me with you, you sorry excuse'.

Nick and Mitch- the two brothers from Mack's second marriage, the mother of the two boys died giving birth to them. Local old women gossip that the woman was a prostitute and the boys were forced upon Mack yet the fact he does not treat them as badly as Jim argues against this claim.

Hmm all i can think of for now, o and i thought of the catalyst which caused Jim to shoot Mack. heres just a little rough exert i thought of

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'What you got there boy' Mack screamed, it was obvious not just to Jim but to anyone who heard, saw or even smelled him that he was dead drunk on some drink, probably a bottle of Second Best, yet noone did look at what was happening, both Jim's family and the settlement were all to used this type of scenario.

'Nothing sir, its nothing'. Jim exclaimed knowing full well what his father would do if he found out his autopistol, moreso if he discovered it to be a one in a million weapon such as this.

'Dont lie to me boy' Mack splurted out and with that staggered into me, his big thick arms grappling me like some mutant out of the sump pit looking to suck your brains out and Mack certainly did smell like one tonight. I pushed the bastard off with a huge effort from the arm not holding the pistol behind me, made easier by Mack's intoxication, yet here is where i made my mistake. As i pushed Mack back he grabbed on to my clothes like a ripper jack straight to your head and pulled in me down to the ground as he too fell, more from him being wasted then my push.

'You little bastard you gonna pay fur that and to think i been providn fo', he trailed off noticing the sleek silver autopistol in my hand, which i used to stop myself from falling face first into the dirt.

'Give me that pishtol right now you lil' selfish bastard' Mack screamed drunkenly as he made a grab for the autopistol, but in his drunken state i was too fast and jumped back and yelled 'No' . Thats when i realised that refusing him so bluntly would only infuriate him more, i was right as his face swelled as red as blood.

He made another grab for the pistol, all the while making a guttural, bestial growl but once more i was too quick for him.

'Give me da dam pistol or ill kill ya just like i killed ya mother'. I honestly could not believe what he just said, i knew he was drunk but what he said honestly sounded like the cold truth. Having been caught off guard by that shocking statement i did not see Mack lunch for me with his full body weight slamming me down onto the dirt.

I could feel and smell his noxious hot breath on face as he put his whole body weight against me, to keep me down. 'Yea dats right boy, i nailed that (&#$@!)'s head to the wall with me stub gun, wanted to leave me that ungratefull spider did and i couldnt let that happen now could i? taking away a precious slave of mine'. He said with a grin.

I realised that the pain of knowing my mother left me with this monster was all a lie was all i could take. In a spasm of anger i groped what felt like the trigger of my autopistol, my 'precious' and with a loud BANG i did what i could only hope, plague or some thug did for me, i killed my father.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats all i can think of for now and this, if what i wrote is good for you, will be the end of the exposition for this story. We would still need to create the beggining of exposition ie. the introduction of the setting and the characters, and to polish some of the existing characters off.
Once we have done that our exposition would be done and we could skip maybe a week forward to Jim starving in the wastes, contemplating what he done until he is found by the outlaws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:45 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Hey snoopy, i like how you've written that (though it's a little confusing when you switched from 3rd to 1st person)
I'll rack my brains for more parts of the start- finding the autopistol and stuff.
I'll also see if i can think of outlaw parts too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:17 pm 
Private
Private

How about he finds the autopistol in the hands an old rotting corpse which has a golden I on it. You know what that means :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:37 pm 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Ummm. "Inquisitor?" (NOT sarcastic, I actually don't know!)
An alternate idea is that Jim works at a junk disposal place, finds it mixed amongst the junk, and quickly swipes it.
Actually I prefer your idea...
Hmm.

Karlos- One of Jim's workmates, doesn't particularly like Jim. He is actually a contact for Outlaws, an insider in the towns, helps them procure supplies.

Karlos Jim out for a salvage mission (oo! Idea, Jim actually works for a scavenging company!) They get seperated, Jim finds the gun on a corpse, he finds Karlos again, Jim hides the gun and says he found nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:13 am 
Private
Private

Good idea and ive got a thought line for it as jim heads back to carlos

"I wasnt greedy by hiding the pistol from Carlos, its just here in the underhive once has to look out for himself".

O and I is the symbol of the inquisition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:53 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

I knew it!
(Or rather, guessed it...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:26 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Katana vs Snoopy? LOL....quite interesting. I can't imagine how it looks like!