Login |  Register |  FAQ

Set Up [Chapter 16 - pt. 1, 2, & 3] ... pt. 3 now posted

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:29 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

The second half of this scenario was fun to play - but was hard on my Van Saar. I had three models out of action from the previous game (they were to roll on the Injury table), one model (our "hero" had been down, but recovered) played with a flesh wound.

The three models that were out of the previous game were able to show up as reinforcements.

The treacherous conditions were Noxious Fumes and Ian actually did take a tumble. The fellow fell 9" and rolled a '1' 'to-wound'! So with nothing more than being pinned for the first turn he was fine.

For most of the first game, and all of this game (sans the last shot) he was hitting everything, but could not wound anything!

You will see in the post game that we managed to captured the Ratskin Leader. The first injury roll for the leader was killed so of course my opponent rerolled that result.

Over all both gangs faired well.

The Ratskins have only one linguring injury (OBW) to all six of their memebers who went out of action during this game.

The Van Saar also faired well. One killed result (which Ian used his medic skill on) and he saved the man (full recovery). One head wound - Hargrave. All of the rest made full recoveries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:51 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

once again a good read man. have a banana :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:56 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Thanks... man that was a long one! I will most likely consolidate it to make it more readable though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:01 am 
Master of Arms
Master of Arms

length's not an issue. But if you look at most sci-fi fiction publications, stories are laid out in narrower columns; which makes it easier to read. Obviously, you can't do that on the forum. But you can shrink the window... random tip for you there. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:35 am 
Necroliscious

supberb again

and what is with ratskins chiefs i the open, pffftttt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:45 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Some times I take a little license to make the story more - dynamic. 8) In reality the Leader creaped up to the edge to use heavy cover and still shoot down on the rest of the Van Saar.

The game really was only a turn, maybe two, from a complete Ratskin victory. I only had two models still standing, one of them with a flesh wound.

The shot that took the leader down was by Ian who now has a BS of 5, the Marksman skill, and an infrared gun sight. Since he didn't move the shot was only at -1 (sight) so he only needed a '3' to hit.

Oh, and the fall was also a little 'artisic license'.

I played the rescue scenario last night.... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:19 am 
Necroliscious

shiver85 wrote:
length's not an issue.

quoted for prosperity and potential use in sigs :D

lol i guess ian turned out batter than you hoped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:38 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

speshul wrote:
lol i guess ian turned out better than you hoped.

He truly has. I really did take a bare bones juve and just let him develop as the game dictates... and that goes for his mates as well.

Dyrke has become a power house in the HtH arena - it just doesn't show much because all of the stories are from Ian's perspective... if he is not seeing it then I am not writing about it.

Boarnerges (aka Bo) really has an interesting personality too - I've just not expanded upon it. I am thinking about a future encounter with his former 'aquantences'.

Mr personality - Katan has become a pretty proficient gun fighter, but I've not really shown his 'seriousness'.

Cacee has become the defacto 2nd in command (8 Ld) and another marksman

Rogers - well, he seems lost in the mix to me right now...

Renold - he is the creation of a friend of mine. I am asking him on how he would like the guy to develop... but he is coming into his own as well

Hargrave - the new commer - with his recent head wound... he has some possibilities as well...

Oh.. and there will be yet another new comer here shortly. You will have to read about it though... I am not sure how to introduce the new charecter... yet

one thing I have noticed... the skills are few are far between... a lot of charecteristic increases! Ian needs help in the medical bay! :wink: