Login |  Register |  FAQ

BY THE DUST OF 'EM ALL : Chapter 2

Post subject: BY THE DUST OF 'EM ALL : Chapter 2
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:09 am 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

2 : NO JOB TO DIRTY

Tired, bruised and parched of thirst, the Stranger shuffled into Ando’s, ordered a Whitesnake and something to eat.
He swallowed his food and chugged his beer. He sent a young juve to fetch Grimskull while he sat chatting with Rex Deevo.
“ Well then my friend, just where the heavens you been? You look like you been working a dirt farm and slime pit?” taunted Rex in his high to do tone.
The Stranger shook his head and smiled, sipping his beer.
“ Just got back from working in Boehekia.” Was all he would give away. Careful still, not to give away his involvement with the murder of Doyle Blackmane. Although, being a hired gun was perfectly legal, the Guilders and Arbites frowned upon outright assassinations.
“ Whataya hear, Whataya say Rex?”
“ Not much, words out that some hussy from House Ran Lo has been around to see several high ranking Guilders and some note worthy gang leaders, Grimskull even met with her. Don’t know why a fraggen Spire whore is rubbing elbows with us downhivers, but, something is going down for sure.” Rex finished his beer and slammed a chaser. Brianna the dancer mingling with gangers and Guilders, something big was about to happen.
The Stranger was trying to put together a puzzle he did not have all the pieces for. He decided to forget it and concentrated on getting loaded while he waited for Grimskull. Ando’s was jammed packed with all the usual hoods and miscreants. He recognized the Orlocks from the first day he was back in town. This time they saluted him, as if knowing who he really was. Their black leather vests were adorned with metal studs and sported embroidered letters on the top back read out: “DOG TOWN RUMBLERS”, and beneath it a logo of a snarling wolf with a spiked collar putting up his dukes. The Stranger returned the salute and continued to prattle with Rex.

Grimskull never showed up, so he retired to Dizzys for the night in the company of Linor to keep his bed and mind occupied. At dawn, or what passes for it in the Underhive, the Stranger jumped out of bed and sprang to his pistols. Someone was banging on the door fiercely. It was either the Watchmen or the Brims coming for revenge. Linor cringed beneath the sheets, wondering if she was going to die naked and hung over. The Stranger slowly opened the door, standing behind it. He aimed his guns high, ready for anything. Linor pulled the sheets tighter around her supple body, shaking just a little.
“Oi! Linor, did I already miss our friend?” said the familiar hoarse voice of Grimskull.
The Stranger stepped out from his hiding place and greeted his friend.
“ Just a precaution Grim.” Said the Stranger tossing his pistols to a battered couch.
“No need for all this sneakin’ business! Your actin’ like them flippin’ spyer hunters mate! Take a load off, word is you did real good.” He gave a tight smile and tossed the Stranger a stack of creds. He thumbed through it, counting four hundred all together.
“ Thanks Grim, he was a tough little bastard. He almost got me a couple times with that fraggen club he was carrying. Speaking of which….” The Stranger trailed off and grabbed his weapon roll, sliding out the huge spiked mace. Grimskull roared his approval
“ Emperors’ eyes! A fine prize this be!” haggardly running his massive paws through the Strangers hair.
“ Thought you might like that, any ways, what else to have lined up for me?”
Grimskull stared at him in disbelief and then shot a glance at Linor who was still lying in bed. She gathered up her things and left the room very quickly.
“ You hurtin’ fer creds or more blood shed?” Grimskull asked.
“ Little of both, Im trying to get back in the game Grim. Sure I seen my share of battles off world and in space but, here, here I have a chance to really be something. Regain my pride you know?” He sat on the edge of the bed, lighting a cigar.
“ Look boyo, I already told ya to forget that business. You ain’t a ganger any more. Stick with me, I’ll make ya rich, introduce you to some powerful Uphive folk, they’ll make you filthy rich! Whattaya say?” Grimskull extended his rippling scar covered forearm.
The Stranger took a long drag from his cigar and exhaled slowly.
“ Im with you then, for now. Once I got enough cred and rep I’ll get something started.” The Stranger shook the dogged gang lords hand and they both sat down to discuss new plans.
“ Okay, there’s a bit of o’ problem over in Green Water, that old bastard Creed Hex has been over seeing the new Van Saar outfit.
They calling themselves the Vindicators, been harassing some o’ them Escher lasses and shot up some o’ those Orphan gangers outta Sump Town. You should try and get close to them, you being from Orlock and all.” He gave the Stranger a thin smile.
“ I thought he was retired?” The Stranger squinted.
“ So did I, looks like he’s trying to finally get even with me after all these fraggen years. Don’t matter none. The way I sees it old Hex and his number one boy Hunter are gonna be made examples of. You cut out the heart and brains, what happens?”
The Stranger smiled.” The body dies.”
“ You damn straight boyo!” Grimskull whooped.
“ How we gonna play it? He’s kind of a legend around these parts, and a member of the Watch.”
Grimskull wringed his battered fingers and rested his huge chin on them. He sighed and grimaced.
“ I’ll think of something. For now lay low, and just be ready. Try and hang out in Green Water if ya can. I don’t think Creed will recognize you. I’ll send another one of my employees to help you out soon.” Grimskull smacked his knuckles against the Strangers and patted his scruffy hair.
“ Your gonna have to start telling folks yer name lad, trust is worth more than you think down here. “ He turned and opened the door.
“ Besides, you look nuthin’ like Jester and a lot of folks never knew his last name. I suggest you think ’bout that.”

The town of Green Water could almost pass for an off world Imperial settlement. Almost. All the buildings were lined up evenly and hardly any trash littered the streets. Even though three gangs called this place their home, no signs of turf markings could be found. People here generally lived quietly. Raids on Green Water were few and far between. The sump river that surrounded its borders also acted as a living fence, protecting those that scraped a living here.
The Stranger decided to travel light for this gig, carrying only his laspistols, razor chain and stub gun. He was still in the dark about his partner for this hit, but knowing Grimskull whoever it is must be just as good or better than himself. He hummed a Guardsman marching tune while making his way across the toll bridges of Green Water. One cred gets you in and out, no sweat. Very few people have tried to rush past without paying and were shot down or thrown in Watch pit if they did.

Playing darts, cards and drinking vast amounts of Wild Snake was a cure all for anticipation. He enjoyed himself in the gambling dens and drinking holes of Green Water. Three days since his arrival and no contact with his co-worker. It didn’t bother him much; he made friends easily enough and managed to keep tabs on the Van Saar’s and Creed Hex. Around noon on the fourth day a member of the Vindicators gang, Strider, invited the Stranger to a private party being held in honor of Green Waters resident Guilder.
The Stranger knew the Guilder well enough by reputation. Oskar Voera was wealthy man who delved in all types of gaudiness. A night of debauchery and mental notes were at hand.

“ Names please.” A gaunt scummer in a trench coat holding a bolter ordered.
“ Im Strider from the Vindicators and this is my friend” The Van Saar slurred.
“ Im going to need your name stranger, Mr. Voera insists on it.”
Strider stared at the Stranger, dumb struck he didn’t even know his name.
“ Dax Kelly, Necromunda Spiders, retired.” He said saluting the scummer sarcastically.
He jotted down the names and waved them in. The party was up and rolling. Half naked women served drinks to various gangsters while the hefty Guilder sat with Creed Hex and the mayor of Green Water smoking cigars. Strider grabbed his companion around the neck and steered him towards the bar.
“ Shouldn’t we congratulate Oskar first?” The Stranger asked.
“ Nah, we need more booze first. Then we’ll go for a smoke.”
The Stranger kept a wary eye out. Seven scummers stood sentry, while the Vindicators partied hard. They both took a few shots and made their way to Oskars’ table. Only Creed looked up to meet the Strangers gaze while Strider drunkenly toasted the Guilder.
“ ..and this my friend Dax Kelly, he used to fight for the Guard.”
Creed’s eyes narrowed on the Stranger. He pulled on his white goatee and smoothed his mustache.
“ Kelly huh? You raised around here son?” He asked.
“ No, I was born out of Diablo Hole.” The Stranger smirked.
“ Let the boy be, it’s a party!” Oskar scolded.
The Stranger held Creed’s gaze for a moment then turned and headed for the bar.
Had he been made? He cursed himself for giving his real name.
He grew nervous and began contemplating leaving. If Creed recognized him as Jester’s brother, the party was over right then and there. He turned to leave when Strider grabbed his arm.
“ There you are! The main attractions here!” he said pointing towards a small stage.
A slender woman with ferocious curves stepped onto the pulpit. She threw back her pink coiffed hair and began swinging her hips and shaking her ass. The crowd roared it approval. She stepped down and sauntered over to Oskar the Guilder. She straddled him, grinding her hips and throwing back her head. She licked her lips and moaned in a mock orgasm. Whistles and other vulgarities rang out. She began stripping off her red leathers. Her pierced breasts swayed as she gyrated across Oskar’s lap. The dance ended with the girl wrapping her thong around the Guilders fat, smiling face.
Every one cheered as she gathered her clothing and bowed, her pink hair falling freely over her naked shoulders. Dax clapped too, smiling as she walked towards him. She gave him wink and then snapped her head forward.
“ I told you once to stop starring you fraggen sump rat.” She said smiling.
He bit his tongue realizing who she was.
“ Sorry, I’m only a man sweetie.” He answered.
She moved in tight and whispered something in his ear. His smile vanished as quickly as it had appeared.

http://www.krug666.blogspot.com

Buy my junk

http://www.ebay.com/sch/krug_tr6_138/m. ... pg=&_from=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:00 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Enough here to keep me coming back. :)

Intresting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:51 pm 
Recruit
Recruit

My first post on the Eastern fringe!

With that over, let me add slavish praise. Your stories are fantastic. I especially like the depiction of the hive. I get a real sense of the grime and ugliness of life at the bottom.
The characters are developing nicely. I'm interested to see that you've started to examine the hive's class system re. the underhivers reactions toward the Ran Lo woman. (You can tell I studied Pols at Uni).

So please keep the stories coming!

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:30 pm 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

Thanks again giys! Im really busy with work but will post more very soon, Im glad someone's enjoying this. :chaos

http://www.krug666.blogspot.com

Buy my junk

http://www.ebay.com/sch/krug_tr6_138/m. ... pg=&_from=

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:28 am 
Private
Private

as good as the first one for sure.... i hate cliff hangers :D

Now where did number 3 get to eh :P

Vaan sarr gang- Stray dog PDF deserters

W / L / D
6 / 4 / 0