Login |  Register |  FAQ

BY THE DUST OF 'EM ALL :CHAPTER 7

Post subject: BY THE DUST OF 'EM ALL :CHAPTER 7
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:33 am 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

CHAPTER 7 : SLIPPING INTO DARKNESS

The tunnel entrance to Bad Dust was covered from top to bottom in Delaque gang graffiti. Snake art and grim reapers with daggers marked this turf out to the ruling gang. The Shadows ran Bad Dust, every gambling den, drinking hole and spook dealer paid taxes to Floyd’s damned sneaky murderers. Many that came across the darkness of Bad Dust, slipped away never to be seen again.

The Stranger had been scouting the area for three weeks now, laying low and playing the part of a downhive prospector. He drank only when someone offered and kept to himself and the trade post.
The streets were constantly patrolled by the Shadows outfit, and if they didn’t get you the horrible air would.

Bad Dust was situated in one of the dankest, run down, polluted corners of the Underhive, the first settlement on the outskirts of the notorious “Blue Corner”. The air was almost unbreathable from all the hive dust and toxins in the air, so everyone was hooked up to respirators, gas masks and flugs.

The Stranger had let his hair and beard grow again, so as to throw off the gangers that stalked the walkways and avenues. He had taken many notes of the town, exit and entrance points, favorite haunts of the Shadows, hang around and juve wannabes, and most importantly: their numbers.

He estimated they numbered twenty full fledged gangers, two heavies and half a dozen juves. Their leader, a pale, stout Delaque, who went by “ Floyd” carried a shock maul at all times and a Imperial issue Boltgun slung over his shoulder.

If the Stranger was going to make a move, it was going to be planned right, he was also going to need more firepower. Colt and Dino had been lurking in the tunnel entrance waiting for the Stranger who finally waved them over.

“ ‘Bout friggin time….” Dino mumbled.
The Stranger shot him a cold glare and the two older gangers stiffened.
“ The place is locked down tight, were gonna need more gunners and runners if we’re gonna pull this off. They must be in pay by someone who knows I’m back and wants me dead.” The Stranger said, tugging at his scruffy beard.

Colt leaned against the wall, sighing,” Suppose we bag a juve or ganger, beat the information we need out of ‘em?”

The all looked at each other and nodded heads.
“ Well, there is plenty of them to choose from that for sure. Floyd’s second and third would be prime for the picking but both those snakes never patrol their turf. There is a ganger named McKool we could nab…..he’s got a bad limp and missing some fingers.”

Colt and Dino smiled.
“ Maybe loosing the rest of them fingers will jog his memory huh?” Dino said coldly.
“ Where do we find this McKool anyhow Dax?” Colt spat.
“ I always catch him heading out of that spook den called Zukhov’s.
Im guessing he likes to take his head out for a spin almost every night. Sneaky as he is, if he’s hopped up, chances are he won’t be expecting someone to tail him on his home turf.”

The three Orlocks moved cautiously through the labyrinth alleyways toward Zukhov’s. It was worse than a dive, it was a junky drug palace. A couple drunkard Ratskins were passed out next to the entrance and the static hum of the shanty neon pulsated to the rhythm of their hearts.

A few hapless souls wandered around the immediate hab blocks but there was no sign of the Shadows. Dino and Colt waited out of sight while the Stranger entered the building.

The place stunk of sweat, rancid meat and various smoked narcotics.
There were twenty people in the place including the bartender and a lanky well dressed kid exchanging drugs for creds.
He casually made his way to the bar and ordered a White Snake , keeping his eyes on the young dealer. Everything about him screamed Spyrer, but every scum sucker in Zukhov’s was too loaded to care.

A few minutes passed before the stranger finally noticed McKool shamble in, limping and smiling thinly at the dealer. They exchanged words quietly and McKool left as quickly as he entered.
The Stranger waited a couple minutes and headed after him.

The crippled Delaque ganger took several steps into the alley before Colt and Dino blind sided him, McKool going down hard from two skull crunching hits from their clubs. The Stranger stood over the Shadow ganger and nodded to his companions.

“ Be quick about it, there’s an empty shed not far. Do what you have to…I want the layout of their main holestead and names. I’ll be back in an hour.” The stranger wrapped a bandana around his face and darted out into the darkness of the poorly lit street.

Colt dragged the bleeding ganger through the rubble choked alleyway, Dino keeping pace, hands on a lasrifle.
“ Where’s he off to now?” Colt whispered.
“ Beats me, just keep movin’. We still gotta wake this fragger up.”

In the gloom of the abandoned shed, Mckool felt cold, he couldn’t see but he knew he had a knife under his chin.
“ Don’t bother screaming or moving. You do either I cut your throat, you don’t tell me what I want to hear, you lose all your fingers…..after I break them.” Dino gently hissed at his captive.

McKool swallowed hard and tried to speak but all that came out were raspy yelps.

“ Relax little man, you got enough spook in you to kill a rat swarm….just tell me why your gang is gunning for Grimskull’s hired guns and tell me how many of your pals are holed up with Floyd tonight…..and you might just get outta here alive….”
Dino ran his blade up and down McKool’s throat, jabbing it gently in random spots.

McKool stiffened and muttered incoherently. He slurred a little more then finally spoke, “ Contract is out on Grim and his associates….lots of creds….some Spyrer b!tch put the word out…we got his ticket but ain’t the only ones….heh…every gang will be aiming for the Destroyers and that gunfighter they got…..he’s the big catch…don’t’ know why though….” He squirmed around.

“ Keep talking punk!” Dino slammed his head into the floor.

“ I don’t know anymore!” He protested.
“ How many are with your boss tonight!?! You better spill your guts before I spill your blood!” He kneed McKool in the ribs twice.

“ You must be stupid to think you can take the Shadows! We run Bad Dust! This is our town! “ Mckool spat at his captors.

Without saying anything Dino took his club and smashed McKools right hand, all his bones breaking at once. Before the Delaque could scream, Colt shoved a rag in his mouth. They knew he would probably never talk but decided to keep torturing him anyways.

By the time the Stranger had returned, McKool no longer had fingers, eyes or a tongue. He lay there breathing harshly, each one shallower than the last.

“ What the frag Dino?” The Stranger asked lowering his bandana from his face.

“ We got all we needed, the rest he won’t tell, he’s useless Dax, put a stub round in his head and lets get this show on the road matey!”

The Stranger examined the dying ganger. He sighed and stooped down.
“ Pick ‘em up. If he can walk we can use ‘em.”

Colt scratched his head, “ Use him for what?”

The Stranger sneered. “ He’s bait.”

http://www.krug666.blogspot.com

Buy my junk

http://www.ebay.com/sch/krug_tr6_138/m. ... pg=&_from=

Last edited by KRUG_666 on Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:53 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Real Nice! Can't wait for the next one.

Time is an illusion. What has happend will happen again, what has not come to pass will do so again and again forever. What is currently happening will affect the future with it's ripples in the ocean of eternity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:01 am 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

Working on it :wink:

http://www.krug666.blogspot.com

Buy my junk

http://www.ebay.com/sch/krug_tr6_138/m. ... pg=&_from=