Login |  Register |  FAQ

ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! So close yet so far...

Post subject: ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! So close yet so far...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:15 pm 
XIII

Hardly an exciting story but a post battle report all the same.... add in the prior 5 hours of drinking, and the fustration radiates through demanding a place to rant about my dismay of loosing.

Beigarth the fierce Delaque leader of XIII bolted into the wastelands of their bitter rivals the van saar Blue Dragons, guns blazing, tension high. His huge uncharistic red mohawk cutting the wafer thin atmosphere, as the 6 charged forward, spreading out their efforts making advantage of the meat shields freshly recruited for this dash.

Two unaware van saar sat in their watchtower looking out over the barron ground, seeking a source of the sounds.

Gunfire blasted from all sides as more reinforcements arrived to defend the stronghold, meat shields falling left right and centre as the more experienced of the gang pushed forward making advantage of the cover, daring the rivals to come out from their sniping positions and engage in one on one.

Beigarth pushed boldly forward, narrowly avoiding the shots as they rang out around him, stopping just short of the saftey zone at the end.

More and more members fell, but against all odds got back up and continued forward, Ragnar itching to cave in a few rival skulls with his mighty powerfist, urging the freshest recruit ahead of him unarmed.

Beigarth engaged in hand to hand just inches away from the edge of the board, one lucky blow and he was home free.

Battle ensued as the remaining others pushed forward, and ended up pinned just a short dash away from bloody violent hand to hand.

A chance blow caught Beigarth off guard, sending him crashing to the ground out of action, the only remaining hope being Ragnar with the full reinforcements of their rivals bearing down upon his position.
At the last minute before they closed in, he bottled and sprinted for safety, seeing the other 5 of the raiding party rolling around in agony on the floor.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
And after all that, every single bloody one of the 5 OOA gang members managed to recover with no lasting wounds!!!!

AHHHH!!!!! more beer required now........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:46 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Heh, interesting, but not to be offensive, not much of a story. If you want it to be narrative then more detail is required. Probably not to the extent of my blow-by-blow, shot-by-shot narrative BatRep, which literally listed absolutely everything that happened. Still... I feel your pain man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:15 am 
XIII

Wasn't really ment to be a narative, just a drunken rant with a few details fired in to try and slightly liven it up a little.... BAH!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:29 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

lol, okey dokey then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:57 am 
Recruit
Recruit

great little story, i was really lucky to get reinforcements right in front of Beigarth. otherwise he had won the hit and run scenario. 8)