Login |  Register |  FAQ

BY THE DUST OF 'EM ALL :CHAPTER 8

Post subject: BY THE DUST OF 'EM ALL :CHAPTER 8
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 2:11 am 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

CHAPTER 8 : SNAKE PIT

The Stranger leaped from roof to roof. Moving as swiftly as he could, Dino and Colt doing the same on the opposite street. They moved quietly, guns at the ready looking side to side, scanning for any Shadows gang members that might be on patrol.

The shuffling form of McKool was well within sight, he was leading them straight to Floyd, without even knowing. He was barely conscious though, all the pain inflicted by the two veteran Orlock gangers should have killed him but the Spook kept him going.

The trio continued their advance until they came to a Hab-block on the outskirts of Bad Dust. With no more roofs to continue on they joined back up and waited.
McKool stumbled about, unsure of his own footing he fell on his face and let out some loud, horrid moans.

Dino whispered to Dax, “ Looks like he’ll bring them to us.”

The Stranger adjusted his goggles, “ We’ll see. I’ts a little too quiet, and who knows how many of them are in there or if this is their place.”

Colt kept his aim on Mckool and his finger on the trigger. He planned to put a hole through his head any minute.

Mckool continued moaning until two juves stepped out of the front door and hissed at him. They looked around and drew their weapons and the shorter of the two carefully walked over to the mauled ganger.
Quiet orders were exchanged and the tall juve ran back inside.
The short one knelt beside Mckool, investigating his wounds.
The Stranger whispered to his cohorts,” Showtime’s almost here, be ready.”
They both nodded grimly, Dino half smiling.

The door to the Hab-unit opened again and Floyd himself stepped out accompanied by his lieutenants Hell-Boy and Brumly.
Behind the two shotgun wielding killers were the tall juve and four more gangers carrying autoguns, lasguns and one of them was carrying a flail. Floyd dragged Mckool to his feet and began shaking him and yelling.

Before Floyd even realized Mckool had no tongue his face was covered in charred brain and blackened blood, as a las shot lit the dome up and Mckool’s head was no more.

The Shadows scattered and began firing wildly, not knowing where the shot came from.

The Stranger and Dino tossed smoke grenades right at their feet, Colt blasting away, pinning down the pair of juves.

Hell-Boy took cover behind a pipe and began firing his shotgun, the bullets peppering the scaffolding that Dino had jumped onto.
Floyd ran towards the Hab-unit they stepped out from, the Stranger leaping from the roof to the street to chase him down.

Being ambushed on their turf was not something the Shadows are used to, the normally quiet and precise Delaques were shouting curses and wasting ammo.One ganger with a lasgun was riddled by auto pistol fire as Dino began descending from the rooftops.
The big bastard named Brumly unloaded shot after shot at the Stranger, missing every time. He spit and cursed at him. He loaded a Manstopper slug into the breach in his pump-shotgun and gave a wicked laugh.

“ I got you know scum-rat!” He wheezed through clenched teeth.

Brumly pulled the trigger as the Stranger sprinted towards him. His shotgun jammed as he aimed for the Stranger and was tackled to the floor instead.

The Stranger had already pulled his blade in mid leap and before Brumly could get to his dagger, the Stranger had already plunged it into the gangers jugular. He twisted his blade, Brumly’s blood spewed out like a busted water pipe, staining the Strangers face red.

“ Solo, get that fragger! He scragged Brumly! Vago! Keep shooting! Hell-Boy, get your arse over here!” Floyd screamed at his gang, finally turning to aim and fire his boltgun.

The Stranger rolled out of the way of Floyd’s shots but the other gangers were now aiming for him to. Dino and Colt both hit the street running, Colt bashed in the head of the tall juve with the butt of his rifle and shot the short one several times as they both lay on their bellies.
Dino rushed straight at the Delaque with the chain.He slung his rifle and un-strapped the club on his back.
The Delaque began swinging the chain and pulled a laspistol from somewhere in his coat. He smiled thinly and waved for Dino to come to him, his visor glimmering yellow in the gloom.
“ Come on you little sh!te, show me what you got!” Dino roared, slamming into the ganger with a thunderous knee and bringing down his club over his shoulder.

The Shadow reeled but attacked again, this time dashing aside Dino's club and whacking him square in the face. They continued their melee as The Stranger pulled out his twin laspistols.

Floyd screamed for his gang to move in on the Stranger, but five of them were already dead and the rest were in cover firing back.
Floyd tossed his bolter to the floor and pulled his power maul.
He hit the ignition switch, the rod humming a bit as it glowed a faint blue.

The Stranger blasted away at a Shadow ganger behind some barrels , who had been firing his autogun at Colt. Dax shot him twice in the head and once in his gut when he was blind sided by Floyd. He went down hard but scrambled to his feet, reaching for his laspistols.
Floyd kicked them to the curb and hit him again, this time in the face, breaking his nose. He gave a hoarse laugh and sneered.

“ Looks like I’ll be the one sitting on a mountain of creds after all.” He said mockingly.

The Stranger grimace and spat blood.
“ That so? We’ll just have to see won’t we sump-snake?!”
He stood up holding out his blade, reading himself for the duel.

Hell-Boy was in full headlong run when his knee exploded and he skidded across the street.
He doubled over wailing in agony.

Colt smiled as he brought the Shadows face into his gun sights again.
So far he had put down the majority of the posse at hand, but he was relishing every moment. He slowly moved towards Hell-Boy.

“ Orlock BASTARD!!” Hell-Boy blasted.

Colt stood above the wounded ganger, boot on his shotgun. He unholstered his stub gun, winked at the Shadow and pulled the trigger.

Dino and the Shadow ganger still fought, only with less vigor.
The ganger finally spoke, his voice coming in a raspy whine.
“ I want you to know something Orlock…..even if you kill me you won’t make it out of Bad Dust, this is our town….the Shadows rule this place and our friends control the entire Blue Corner…..”

Dino shrugged and attacked again, he swung low, forcing the ganger to loose his balance as he over extended himself with his chain.
It was all Dino needed, he pounced on the Shadow, ramming his club so hard into his skull his hands rattled. The ganger didn’t even scream, his body went limp and his blood pooled about.

Floyd twirled his shock maul back and forth, toying with the Stranger.

“ So tell me boy, what makes you so special that a Noble House put a contract on you? Whats so fraggen special ’bout a second rate scavv scummer like you?” He laughed.

The Stranger smiled and taunted Floyd, “ Good enough to off your best gunners and keep you cornered while the rest of your crew is off wanking themselves….”

Floyd’s face dropped and he swung out in anger trying gravely to hit the Stranger.

“ Try harder Floyd, are all you Delaque’s this pitiful?” He jived again.

The Shadow gang leader gave in to his frustration and charged into the Stranger, both of them colliding into a wall.
They wrestled about, both trying to get the upper hand, elbowing, kneeing and head butting each other.
The Stranger got hold of Floyd’s collar and pulled the coat over his head and began stabbing him wildly, the gang lord desperately trying to fend of the attacks. Dax was full of hate as each jab of his blade pulled fresh blood from Floyd.
Dax stood up, Floyd lay on his side, bleeding from a multitude of wounds, pleading for mercy.

The three friends stood over the dying gang lord.
Floyd’s eyes were a milky white and he gasped in anguish as he begged for them not to kill him.

“ How many are left?” Dax asked, stooping over to stare into his eyes.

He coughed some chunks of blood and through bloody teeth he said, “ A lot more than your armed for Kelly……”

Dino shot Colt a bewildered stare. Dax leaned in closer.

“ You know me?” He howled.

“ We all do….Your marked for death kid….Grimskull can’t save you…not even the Emperor can….you may survive the night but you won’t make it out of Bad Dust….”

Floyd’s eyes rolled to the back of his head as his heart stopped and his body sagged to the blood stained and bullet riddled floor.

“We gotta hightail it outta here Dax.” Dino winced.

“We ‘re going now, but not the way we came in…or together for that matter….I’ll meet you in Dead Mans Hole. Stay off the streets, run like hell brothers! They’re coming!” Dax screamed as he pointed to the horde of about fifty Delaque gangers choking the surrounding avenues.

Dax turned and fired a few shots then he slipped away bullets flying by his head. He didn’t bother to check if his blood brothers got away or not.

They were in the middle of a snake pit, and the glow globes dimmed even more. It was night again. Bad Dust was dark as it was in the day, but with the lights so low, finding a way out of this maze was next to impossible.

Dax ran as hard as he could trying to navigate his way through the twisting streets, each with a Shadow ganger gunning for him.

http://www.krug666.blogspot.com

Buy my junk

http://www.ebay.com/sch/krug_tr6_138/m. ... pg=&_from=

Last edited by KRUG_666 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:32 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:43 am 
Sergeant
Sergeant

Another good addition KRUG. Well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:39 pm 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

Thanks s4G, Im working on the next bit right now, I might have it posted later on.
Anything new for your fans though? :wink:

Buy my junk

Post subject: A great read
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:31 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Krug, I just want to say thanks for these great stories. I cant wait to find out what happens to Dax and why these guys are gunning for him. Your tales have definately helped my time at work move right along. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:28 am 
DOWN HIVE MISFIT

Hey ,thanks Wolf, Im sure you'll love the next chapter then :wink:

Buy my junk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:24 pm 
Private
Private

run dax run!!

:lol:

great storys mate, cant what to see whats next. have you been working on anything new?

Vaan sarr gang- Stray dog PDF deserters

W / L / D
6 / 4 / 0

Gang rating- 2850