Login |  Register |  FAQ

2nd ed Repentia

Post subject: 2nd ed Repentia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:21 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Sisters Repentia Squad (0-1)

16 points per model (35 points per Mistress)

Sister Repentia 4 4 3 3 3 1(+1) 4 1 6
Mistress 4 4 5 3 4 1 5 1 9

Consists of 4-19 Sisters Repentia and 1 Mistress, all with the above stats. Sisters Repentia wear no armor, and wield Eviscerators. The Mistress wears Power Armor (3+ save), and is armed with a Boltpistol, Frag grenades, and 2 Neural Whips.

Options
The Mistress may have 1 Wargear Card or Relic (10).

Special
Repentia:

The Sisters Repentia are subject to Frenzy. They may only test to restrain their Frenzy as long as the unit’s Mistress is still alive. When taking a Leadership test the Sisters Repentia may only use their own Leadership value or the Leadership value of the unit’s Mistress. No other Leadership may be used, not even for the army’s commander.

At the beginning of the movement phase, if no enemy units are in charge range, the unit must take a Leadership test. If failed, the unit has to move towards the nearest enemy unit (they must end their movement nearer to the nearest enemy unit as to begin of their movement). This is a compulsory move and takes place before other movement. If passed, the unit may act normally this turn. Note that the Sisters Repentia still have to charge enemy units in range because of their frenzy.

Sisters Repentia have one normal wound, and one temporary wound that lasts until the end of the battle. This means that models which suffer 1 Wound will keep fighting, but die at the end of the game before Victory Points are calculated. This may prevent the squad from fulfilling certain mission objectives. In addition such is the devotion of the Repentia that they are protected by the grace of the Emperor conferring a 6+ invulnerable save. This is not a field save and may even be taken against weapons or psychic powers that do not allow a save e.g. Vortex Grenades. Simply move the model to the next edge of the template after a successful save.

Mistress:

The Mistress is not subject to Frenzy, but fights as normal. Note that although she is not subject to Frenzy, the Mistress must still charge with her unit. The Mistress does not gain the 6+ invulnerable save.

Neural Whip

Str Dmg Save Mod Armor Pen Special
5 1 -2 2D6+5 May not be parried, see rules

Neural Whips are always used in pairs, therefore the user gets an additional attack for using a second close combat weapon. At the end of the close combat phase, if she is not engaged to any enemy models, the Mistress may use her Neural Whips to strike at one enemy model per her Attack allowance (2; 1A + 2nd CC Wp.) up to 2” away from her. This is rolled exactly as shooting using her WS instead of her BS. Normal targeting restrictions and modifiers apply. Note that with Neural Whips it is possible to hit an enemy model in HtH combat without randomizing hits.

Eviscerator

Str Dmg Save Mod Armor Pen Special
As user +3 D3 -3 Variable (D6+D3+D12+Str+3) May not be parried, see rules

An Eviscerator is a grotesquely large two handed Chain Sword. In case of a draw in close combat a model armed with an Eviscerator will automatically lose and suffer 1 hit regardless of the combatants Initiative.

Last edited by Shadowseer on Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: 2nd ed Repentia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:26 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

They look fine.

Personally I don't like it that you are not allowed to parry the Eviscerator but not for balancing concerns (its fine) but for the fact that you can still parry a Bloodthirster's axe or something similarly large. I suppose its still better than giving them a parry even with frenzy like Khorne Berserkers.

You might want to clarify, if the 6+ save works also against all psychic powers (like I would say it does with the wording) or only against those with a strength value like fields do. I would say its quite thematic and should work against all powers without nullifiying them.

For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosend in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence, that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.
Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, (&#$@!) gold.

Post subject: Re: 2nd ed Repentia
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:46 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Lutscha wrote:
They look fine.

Personally I don't like it that you are not allowed to parry the Eviscerator but not for balancing concerns (its fine) but for the fact that you can still parry a Bloodthirster's axe or something similarly large. I suppose its still better than giving them a parry even with frenzy like Khorne Berserkers.

I understand your point. I just simply took the original rules from Necromunda, even the wording of the description. It is more a weapon quality than the mere brute of the weapon's wielder that denies you a parry, much like the Mace of Valaan of Kyrinov.

Lutscha wrote:
You might want to clarify, if the 6+ save works also against all psychic powers (like I would say it does with the wording) or only against those with a strength value like fields do. I would say its quite thematic and should work against all powers without nullifiying them.

That was my intention. I changed the wording, so it becomes even more clear.