Login |  Register |  FAQ

Flamewing Seraphim

Post subject: Flamewing Seraphim
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:59 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Flamewing Seraphim Squad (0-1)
Flamewing Seraphim are an elite unit consisting of the best melee experts an order has to offer. These faithful Sisters train in the ancient arts of war of the original Daughters of the Empereror and are taken from the most promising among the ranks of the Seraphim who show an extraordinary talent for melee combat, or fully redeemed Repentia who were Seraphim before taking their oath. Needless to say the Flamewing Seraphim are few in number and a rare sight on the battlefield.

33 points per model
Seraphim 4 5 4 3 4 1 5 1 9
Vet. Seraphim Superior 4 6 5 3 4 1 6 1 9

Consists of 1 Seraphim Superior and 4 Seraphim with the above stats. Each wears Power Armor (3+ save), 2 BoltPistols and Frag grenades. All come with Jump Packs. Seraphim with 2 BoltPistol may shoot both at the same target with a –1 to hit. Seraphim armed with two Hand Flamers may fire them both with the effect of a single Flamer.
Options
Any model may upgrade their BoltPistols to Hand Flamers for +10 points. Any model may choose from Assault weapons. The entire unit may be equipped with Grenades at the listed cost per model. The Seraphim Superior may be upgraded to a Veteran Seraphim Superior for +10 points.
The Veteran Seraphim Superior may have 1 Wargear Card or Relic.

{The unit is created with the thought in mind Sororitas being able to chose from the regular assault weapon list including Chainswords etc.}

So, what do you think?

Post subject: Re: Flamewing Seraphim
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:11 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

I would keep the BS 5 (as well as the WS 5) if they start with 2 bolt pistols otherwise this is a waste of points. Alternatively they could start without any weapons. I must say I absolutely hate preselected weapons going above a pistole sidearm and frag grenades, because it often ends in a complete waste of points (e. g. like the 12 points for bolters in a Devastator Squad for marines who carry heavy weapons or the idiotic preselected krak grenades for ASM which makes Melta Bombs superfluous or at least very costly).

Btw, you might want to post them on wargamerau, otherwise you'll only get feedback from me... ;)

For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosend in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence, that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.
Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, (&#$@!) gold.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:38 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I would post them and the Repentia on wargamersau, but weith an gmx adress I am not permitted to register.

Having BS 5 and WS 5, this would merely make them better Seraphim, due to more survivability in HtH, if they ever enter the melee. I had an assault role for them in mind.

You are probably right on the weapon preset. Maybe I should give them a single boltpistol and frag and reduce cost by 2.

I am still thinking about adding something to get a special feeling for their name. Maybe something along the lines on a turn when they charged opponent must test once if set on fire like a hit from a flamer.

for the fluff:

"Flamewing Seraphim have developed a special manouver with which they utilise even their angelus pattern jumppacks as a weapon. By setting to full thrust at the very last moment their jumppacks sprout flames that seem to extent the wings of the angelus pattern, hence their name. Thus an unwary opponent may be burned by the flames as the Flamewing Seraphim descent upon him."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 pm 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

I wouldn't do a flame test, because burning models may not fight or be fought in hth afaik which would imo disrupt the game (no follow up allowed iunder these circumstances).

Is gmx not allowed in general, or have you been waiting for some time for an e-mail? I think I waited 1-2 weeks for being allowed to post there.

For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosend in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence, that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.
Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, (&#$@!) gold.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:43 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Lutscha wrote:
I wouldn't do a flame test, because burning models may not fight or be fought in hth afaik which would imo disrupt the game (no follow up allowed iunder these circumstances).

Yep. I thought about letting one opponent test when still in BtB after HtH, not before.

Lutscha wrote:
Is gmx not allowed in general, or have you been waiting for some time for an e-mail? I think I waited 1-2 weeks for being allowed to post there.

Seems they don't like gmx. I can't even register in order to get a mail.