Login |  Register |  FAQ

Last Man Standing 1250 battle report

Post subject: Last Man Standing 1250 battle report
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:42 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Hello all,

I hail from Australia and thought i would start sharing the love and get people excited again :D

As we are getting ready next month for a Round Robin 1000 mini tourney id though id try and get some games in this week. Below is my Tyranids taking on a good Friends Imperial Guard

Hope you Guys enjoy and keep this edition following :fullauto

We planned for a 1250 point battle and low and behold I was able to roll a 5 ....... Time for a Nid Attack

Nids deployed first , with the guard getting first turn as described by the special scenario. The guardsmen received minefield which was established in front of the Hq and heavy bolter teams, and there special forces executing a covert op behind enemy lines were able to delay the Carnifex.

Not to be outdone, the bugs hit back with there own strategies , the calexus took a wound, the guardsmen squad having lost there Sargent was now lead by " jones ", the Ogyrns Demolisher tank and even heavy bolter squad proceed with caution to the main line in case of any ambushes, and would not deploy until turn two.

The Soulless culexus jumped up onto the pillar and since being pretty much invisible proceeded to launch a Psyk-out grenade at the hive tyrant, which now could not cast anything this turn.

The guards opened up with little force that had actually made it to the battle line, 3 gaunts and a Genestealer fell, the culexus powered up his animus speculum and blasted the hive tyrant three time, it took a wound whilst nullifying one shot the and the third missing the mark.

With much of the guard being delayed this seemed to confuse the H Mind briefly, until the Hive tyrant focused the swarm to sense the nulls presence, what can I say when you need to roll a one ....... So the swarm pressed forwards hoping that this thing may follow

Gargoyles flew high, and the lictor was just short of the charge of the hellhound , into the psychic phase and the culexus blasted the HT , this time taking the power catalyst

The guardsmen finally made it to the front , reinforcing and closing up the line , the Demolisher gunning all engines and sacrificing its prime weapon to blast apart the lictor closing in on the hellhound. Heavy bolters and lasgun after lasgun opened up, trying to thin the relentless swarm.

The culexus now up close and personal with the HT tried to suck its soul out but was to powerful, to add insult to injury the culexus won combat and smacked it around for a bit.

The Hormaguants boosted into the Ogyrns to hold them up while the remaing Genestealers inched closer towards the kill.

The Carnifex buckled and pulverised the hellhound which the proceeded to cause a 7 inch flash back clearing out 10 Termagants but the hive tyrant and Carnifex brushing of the flames.

The Carnifex caught a demo cannon ball with its teeth reducing it to seven wound, looking up at this new meal proceeded into combat igniting the ammunition and destroying the tank

The Gargoyles flew down , and with so little guard on the look out remained unscathed and proceed to flame the back of the guards men lines, poor burning on the Nids part the guardsmen where able to return fire forcing enough casualties to break.

The hive tyrant was eventually brought down after having its life drained over 2 turns of combat, but the hive adapted and evolved , a new tyrant , lictor and gargoyle unit appeared on to the field and proceed up the board at alarming speed.

Turn six finally arrived for tyranids and victory was to be assured no guardsmen stood , no tanks still rolled........ Yet the Culexus still breathed and with that the Guardsmen had Won

Was a great game, need to learn to roll ones's lolwut that culexus is very naughty

Also I would like to clarify a ruling, it does say that if the culexus does take a wound he whole targeting soulless becomes moot , would that mean from the start of the battle he would of been seen ? We just pressed on and just said as it happens before the battle he just acts as normal but rereading his rules I'm starting to think its just when he takes a wound no matter when.

Cheers

Jenkins

Post subject: Re: Last Man Standing 1250 battle report
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:23 am 
Private
Private

Nice report. Love the pics! Green nids is a first but looks great.
I'm not sure of the description of the culexus rule, but I would think that since the wound was taken before turn 1, then he has plenty of time to re-do whatever it is that makes him invisible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:41 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Though the Culexus loses a wound, he is not wounded.

The "Wounded" result is merely a headline for the effekt, as much as "Jones is behaving odd" etc.
Thus a character merely begins the game with 1 wound less than in his profile. You did it the right way.

I know reading the fluff part of the Culexus losing his concentration he needs in order to be invisible, could be interpreted otherwise, the intention of the Tyranid chart is quite clear to me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:17 am 
Recruit
Recruit

Yeah every game we play theres always something new that pops up but it's all good fun

Our mini tourney is on next Saturday , so ill get some Picts up :guns02

Cheers

Jenkins

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:02 pm 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

I'm a bit torn on the Culexus thing, but thinking about it, I would follow Shadowseer's line of thought in contrast to what I wrote over at wargamerau.

For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosend in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence, that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.
Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, (&#$@!) gold.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:56 am 
The Threadomancer

Nice report. There are some really well painted figures there too.

My Blog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:20 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

The table top and terrain looks great. And green nids with yellow carapace looks rock hard awesome.

The battle report is great, and would love to read and see more!

McCragge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 am 
Officer of the Watch
Officer of the Watch

Great report and great pictures!
And.. WOW!! The new Tyranids are SO BIG!!!! I use many new models for the "small" stuff (Gants, 'Stealers) but I stick to the old ones for the big guys (I have 2 Tyrants, 2 Carnifexes and 2 Lictors).. my opponets would LOVE me to swap to the new models.. :roll:

Truth is usually just an excuse
for a lack of imagination
---Elim Garak