Login |  Register |  FAQ

Battlereport: Sisters vs Chaos 2000pts

Post subject: Battlereport: Sisters vs Chaos 2000pts
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:56 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Well recently I had a game of Sisters vs Chaos. A game I used to fieldtest some of my Sisters units I rewrote for 2nd ed. namely St. Celestine and the Sisters Repentia.

The Forces:

Sisters of Battle

Characters:

St. Celestine, The Ardent Blade, Armour of St. Katherine, Wings of Faith
165 (I have raised the cost afterwards to 185pts)

Canoness, Rosarius, Combiweapon(Bolter/Melter), St. Aspira's Cloak, Powersword, Plasmagrenades

Standardbearer, Conversionfield, Medicus Ministorum, Plasmagrenades

Confessor, Platearmour, Melter, Flail, Chainsword, St. Apira's Cloak, Bionic Leg
79 (Of course I could have left the Chainsword out as with frenzy he wouldn't be able to parry anyway)

Squads:

Sisters Repentia, 1x Mistress, 9x Repentia

Sisters of Battle, 1x Sister Superior, 4x Sisters w/Bolters, 1x Hvy Bolter, 1x Melter
209 (4+ vs Psi)

Sisters of Battle, 1x Sister Superior, 4x Sisters w/Bolters. 1x Multimelter, 1x Flamer
248 (Hatred)

Bodyguard, 5x Seraphim, Boltpistols, Plasmagrenades
195 (Hatred)

Seraphim, 1x Seraphim Superior, 4x Seraphim, Plasmagrenades
190 (4+ vs Psi)

Frateris Militia, 14X Autopistol & Flail, Standard

Support (This section exceeded its 15% limit by 25pts, which my opponent agreed with):

Immolator

Exorcist (With the rules from warspawned on wargamers.au)

Allies:

Rhino

Thuddgun

All in all 1999pts.

Chaos

Characters:

Fabius Bile

Master Sorceror, Mark of Slaanesh, Psi-Sword, Jumppack, Conversion Field

Aspiring Champion, Noise Marine, Mark of Slaanesh, Doom Siren, Chainsword

Army Icon, Mark of Slaanesh, Warpbanner, Chainsword, Chainaxe

Squads:

Super CSM Veterans, 5x Chainsword & Chainaxe, 2x Plasmagun

CSM, 4x Bolter, 1x Hvy Bolter, 1x Lascanon

Noisemarines, 4x Sonicblaster, 1x Blastmaster

Noisemarines, 4x Sonicblaster, 1x Blastmaster

CSM Terminators, 1x ReaperAutocannon & Chainaxe, 2x Twinbolter & Chainaxe

Daemons:

6x Daemonettes

Support:

CSM Predator, Twinlascannon, 2x Hvy Bolter, ablative Armour

All in all 2000pts.

Post subject: Re: Battlereport: Sisters vs Chaos 2000pts
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:40 pm 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

Please tell me you took battle field pictures. (can you tell I am obsessed with battle report and game table pictures? LOL) But seriously, post those pics!!

McCragge

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:04 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

McCragge wrote:
Please tell me you took battle field pictures. (can you tell I am obsessed with battle report and game table pictures? LOL) But seriously, post those pics!!

McCragge

I know your obsession, hence I decided to post this report both here and Wargamers.au.

The Battlefield:

A desolated Industrialsite has aroused the interest of a Chaos Sorceror of Slaanesh, ever on the quest for excitement and the thrill of battle.
However his machinations have not gone unnoticed and a quickly deployed force under the command of the Adepta Sororitas is on its way to repel the heretics.

The Sisters deployment zone. The Exorcist was delayed by the strategy card of the same name: delayed and is only for the picture on the table. Later on it would enter the Battlefield on the far right flank.

From left to right: Seraphim, Sisters with Multimelter, Canoness with Bodyguard behind Frateris Militia with Confessor, Repentia behind Immolator, Sisters with Hvy Bolter behind Rhino, St. Celestine, Thudd Gun. All units marked with a red die started the game hidden.

The minions of Chaos deployment. My opponent deployed quite alot of his force in the open, but was relatively safe because of the ranges of the Sisters weaponry.

From near to far: Noise Marines with Aspiring Champion, Predator, Chaos Sorceror with CSM, Terminators, Noise Marines with Army Icon, Fabius Bile with Superveterans.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:01 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

The Forces of Chaos had of course to deploy first and lost the roll for the first turn.

Turn 1:

SOB:

The Seraphim stayed hidden behind their cover as well as the Sisters next to them, both units facing the Noise Marines and the Chaos Predator.
The Frateris Militia led by the Confessor stormed forward through the rubble of the bombed out ruins prividing cover for the Canoness and her Bodyguard who followed close behind.
Both Rhino and Immolator accelerated to cruising speed and sped towards the enemy lines with the Rhino leading up front and opening fire on the Terminators, which only earned some laughs by the CMinions of Chaos.
The Sisters Repentia advanced alongside the Militia to the walls of the biggest buildings of the industrial site.
The squad of Sisters near the starting point of both Sisters' tanks present on the battlefield remained hidden and declared overwatch.
St. Celestine, taken aloft by her wings, landed next to the Immolator and the Rhino, a wall covering her silhouette from the right side of the enemy lines.
The Thuddgun took aim at the Noise Marines and took one of them down.
Howling jets screamed through the skies as an imperial aircraft took to a strafing run aiming its autocannons at the Sorcerors unit of Chaos Marines. The pilot scored few hits and most shells that did hit failed to penetrate the armour. One shell however found its mark and one Chaos Marine bit the dust.
On the far right flank the Exorcist entered the battlefield on low speed. Firing its missile launcher at the Super Veterans accompanying Fabius Bile it took first blood for the Emperor's noble defenders.

The Warp proofed quite instable, and dealing the Sisters a single energy card and a blockade to the Chaos Sorceror the Psi-Phase passed uneventful.

The fanatical centre of the Sisters' lines advances along the light tanks towards the Chaos heretics, while the power armoured branch stays back providing cover.

Turn 1

Chaos:

Fearless of the Sisters long range fire Fabius Bile lead his enhanced Superveterans onto the top of the small hill next to them.
The Noise Marines led by the Army Icon ran forward eager to get to grips with their foes and unleash their deadly weaponry upon their frail bodies.
Depending on their armour after surpassing the first barrages unharmed the Terminators deemed it below their prowess to even flinch a muscle, except the trigger finger on the Reaper Autocannon, which blasted away at the Thuddgun on the other side of the battlefield. Unbelieving the Chaos Terminator recalibrated his aim after the whole load went into the ground around the artillery piece. (Here my opponent forgot the Reaper being a move&fire weapon, hence stalling the advance of the Terminators in order to shoot. I told him in Turn 2 after it became clear why the Terminaors would not move at all.)
In the middle of the lines the Chaos Sorceror led his unit running into the ruins that looked like the remains of a small imperial chapel taking position to face the melee fighters of the Sisterhood.
The Chaos Predator's engine wroomed as the tank wheeled to the left to meet the imperial vehicles. His Twin Lascannon penetrated the armour of the Rhino easily, but only managed to destroy the Bolters on its top. The Bolter on the right sponson moved into position to spit death and fire at the poor oncoming Militia, but either the fickle mood of the Gods of Chaos turned against the firing mechanism which jammed twice without shooting a single round, or the Emperor held his mighty hand protectively over the bold advance of his servants.
Unimpressed by the ill luck of the Chaos machine, the Noise Marines closed some distance on the Sisters.

The Chaos Sorceror summoned the energies of the Warp and uttered a Slaneeshi spell which would turn one of the Frateris Militia into a drooling idiot, but the Emperor blocked the heretical attack.

The Chaos tank turns and achieves an epic fail with its Hvy. Bolter.

The right flank sees Fabius Bile and the Noise Marines advancing into the firing arc of both Exorcist and Thuddgun.

Last edited by Shadowseer on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:10 am 
Astro-Path
Astro-Path

See that is what I am talking about. So much cooler with the pics....Ahhhh. I feel like an addict who finally got his battlefield picture fix LOL

McCragge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:28 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

McCragge wrote:
See that is what I am talking about. So much cooler with the pics....Ahhhh. I feel like an addict who finally got his battlefield picture fix LOL

McCragge

I didn't take the pictures in order to not show them, you know! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 2:

SoB:

With a prayer to the emperor on her lips, St. Celestine took off and charged the Chaos Army Icon and a Noise Marine. In the ensuiing combat, both of her opponents felt the wrath of the Ardent Sword. The Living Saint followed up into the Noise Marine on the left side.

Bereft of its weaponry the Rhino tried to use its mass instead and rammed forward over the Chaos Terminators. The renegades evaded the transport easily despite the weight of their armour plating.

Right behind the Rhino the Immolator moved forward to the chapel ruin and the sister on its turret aimed a concentrated gush of liquid fire at the Sorceror and his retinue. Two of the Chaos Marines were burnt to cinders. Although the Sorceror bearing the mark of Slaanesh merely enjoyed the sensation, his squad broke and duck low behind the cover of the ruined walls.

The Exorcist fired on the Terminators, but failed to score a single hit.
The Thuddgun on the other hand aimed at the remaining Niose Marines on the right not locked in combat with the Living Saint and layed one of their number low.
In the middle of the table both the Frateris Militia and the Sisters Repentia advanced simultanously into the ruins of the industrial building in the centre.
The canoness led her bodyguard towards the right flank in order to intercept the Terminators but stayed in cover.
The Sisters squad on the right remained hidden and fire ready should the Super Veterans, the Noise Marines or the Terminators advance any further.
The Sisters on the left moved forward to bring their Multimelter to bear on the Predator as soon as the Sister carrying it would get a clear line of sight.
On the outer left Flank, the Seraphim jumped over the wooded hill diectly in front of the somewhat surprised Noise Marines around the Aspiring Champion. With ferocity they unleashed a hail of bolts from their Boltpistols upon the Chaos Followers. Two more minions of Chaos were utterly destroyed by the fury of the Seraphim. But vengeance would follow soon.

In the Psi phase simply nothing happened (after a result of 1...).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:23 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Chaos:

With lecherous thoughts Fabius Bile ordered his Superveterans to charge the Living Saint. What rare intoxicating substances could possibly be extracted from her body? The squad stormed down the hill following their master. In the ensuing melee no casualties were suffered, but one of the Veterans ignited by a hit from the Ardent Blade.

The Noise Marines not locked in combat stayed low to avoid further incoming fire.
The Terminator Squad stood their ground having just evaded the Rhino. Their target was the Thuddgun until it would be utterly destroyed. The Reaper Autocannon blasted away at the artillery piece but once more the aim was off and the solid bullets flew over the head of the Servitor.
Still panicked, the squad around the Sorceror ducked deeper into the supposed safety of the ruins. Only the Sorceror himself filled the breech and shouted heretic phrases at the valiant imperial defenders.

The Predator slowed down and almost came to a halt. It could have turned in order to bring his still functional Heavy Bolter to bear upon the Frateris Militia and swivel its turret to aim the Lascannons at the Immolator, but it only limbed the minimal distance possible ahead. This would actually prove to be its undoing for the crew seemed to be unaware of the danger from the rear already in strike position.

The three remaining Noise Marines on the other side of the battlefield screamed in dissonant harmonics as they unleashed the might of their weaponry upon the Seraphim. The Doom Siren engulfed the Seraphim Superior and two of her squad. When the shrieking cacophony had stopped, three Seraphim lay dead before their comrades.

The tide of the warp offered only a single card to the Chaos Sorceror: another blockade! The laughter of the thirsting gods thundered across the raging battle.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:22 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 3:

SoB:

With supporting fire from the Sisters Squad nearby the Seraphim opened up on the Noise Marines. The renegades died in a shower of bolts.

The Sisters not only supported the Seraphim but also moved aside so their Mulitimelter could be brought to bear upon the Chaos Predator. Now it would rue the crew not to have moved the tank behind the cover of the ruins. With a giant blast the right track vaporized. The turret locked so it would only be able to fire straight ahead. Due to the blast the tank would go out of control and maybe take some of the Frateris Militia with it.

The Militia moved forward to secure a position to set up a charge onto the Chaos Marines in the ruined chapel ahead. Also the Confessor moved within the formation to get a clear shot on the Predator with his Melter. The heatgun destroyed the already jammed Heavy Bolter on the right sponson.

The Repentia backed up the advance of the Frateris Militia using the lay brethren as a kind of meatshield.

The Immolator moved to the side so the Predator's Twin Lascannon would not be able to hit should it move straight forward next round. It fired both of it's Heavy Flamers in a concentrated gush on the Marines in the chapel again, but was unable to kill off a single traitor.

The driver of the Rhino however kicked down and turned to the right trying to ram the two remaining Noise Marines on the right flank. A screeching sound told of the end of one Chaos Marine beneath it's tracks, but the more dangerous Noise Marine equipped with a Blastmaster evaded the onrushing vehicle with a cry of revenge on his lips.

The Thuddgun fired into the void of the battlefield with no avail, while the Exorcist drove into cover from the Blastmaster in front of it.

The melee between the living saint and Fabius Bile and his gang raged on with one Superveteran falling prey to the engulfing flames and the Noise Marine seeing his end on the tip of the Ardent Blade.

This time the Warp flow increased granting six cards to the combatants. Now the Chaos Sorceror would let the impudent Imperials feel his wrath as he unleashed another unholy power. But not only was the Attack nullified the commander of the chaos horde had also to face a daemon and only barely mustered the strength to banish the fiend back into the warp. Would there be no end to the irony of the thirsting gods?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:18 pm 
The Threadomancer

Loving it so far! :)

My Blog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:17 pm 
Gunner
Gunner

This is a great write-up...does it go to round 4?

When I finally getting around to doing my own, it's highly doubtful it will be anywhere near this detailed or well-written. I will have to say it is inspiring me though...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:09 pm 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Sorry for keeping you waiting so long. And yes, it ends in turn 4.

Chaos:

The Predator moving out of control made a turn to the left ramming the ruined chapel head on. The collision caused a secondary explosion in the left sponson. The tank would not move any more and his only weapon still functional would be his Twin Lascannon fixed to a straight aim at the wall up front. Still it harboured 4 full fledged Chaos Marines, who would have to decide whether to support their brethren or stay in the relative safety of the wrack.

Not irritated at all by the knocking tank, the Chaos Marine in the chapel with the Lascannon took carefully aim through one of the broken windows and fired his heavy weapon at the Immolator. The shot not only destroyed the Heavy Flamers built into the turret, it also ignited the ammunition. The turret was blown away from the tank and the vehicle utterly annihilated by the explosion of the hull.

The Terminators closed the small gap to the barricade and the Reaper Autocannon unleashed once more glowing lead upon the Thudd Gun. Unbelieving for the Chaos Terminator the artillery piece emerged from the smoke unscathed... again.

His mind set on vengeance, destruction and ecstacy the last remaining Noise Marine pulled the trigger of his Blastmaster, embracing the sensation of the following explosion engulfing both the Rhino and himself. Neither would survive the blast.

Meanwhile Fabius Bile and his Veterans faced the righteous wrath of St. Celestine, who struck down the last two of Bile's henchmen. Now he would have to face her 1 on 1.

The Warp dealt the Chaos Sorceror a single blockade for the third time in this game. Nevertheless he summoned 6 Daemonettes between himself and the onrushing mob of fanatical corpse worshippers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:01 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Turn 4

SoB:

The fanatical block in the centre did not suffer the Slaanesh abominations right in front and charged the daemonettes, Frateris Militia and Sisters Repentia side by side. The laymen of the ecclesiarchy died in droves while trying to bring the clawed daemons down by sheer mass. The Repentia fought better, but still were no match for the minions of the warp and two of their number ultimately fulfilled their oaths of repentance.

(2 Daemonettes where proxied with Bloodletters and switched for real ones after some had been banished back to the warp.)

The remaining two Seraphim jumped near the ruined chapel to get some shots at the Chaos Marines that still lured in the square. The bolts ripped on the surface of the broken stone without further effect.

Meanwhile the squad that had supported the Seraphi and destroyed the Chaos Predator retreated to the cover of the ruins nearby. This battle would soon be over so there was no need to make up a clean target for the foe.

The same thoughts had the Canoness and her Bodyguard who hadn't manage to advance further enough to be of any significance, so they, too, returned to the safety of cover.

St. Celestine and Fabius Bile fought another round of melee, but Fabius equipment saved him from injury.

The Warp proofed to be a laugh almost the 4th time in a row with two cards being issued and Chaos getting a... blockade.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:56 am 
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

So, finally we reach the end of this glorious battle with Chaos making the last moves.

Chaos

The squad in the chapel opened up on the two remaining Seraphim, rendering the Seraphim Superior a lone survivor.

Now everything concentrated on the centre and the fierce melee fought by daemons and mortals. So, the Chaos Terminators let their guns rip through the mortal flesh of humanity's defenders. Still they stood their ground.

The claws of the Daemonettes took a high bloodtoll and still the humans refused to give in.

Fabius Bile exchanged strike after strike with the Living Saint too fast for human eyes to follow and finally recieved a wound by the Ardent Blade.

Seeing his commander inevitably failing to destroy St. Celestine and his own demonic minions failing to destroy the carrionlord's henchmen, the Sorceror charged the Confessor screaming blasphemous words of challenge. Again the air blurred around the combatants as Psi-Sword clashed with Chainsword and flailing death was answered by Bolterfire. Thus locked in melee the Confessor played his one trump and kicked out with his Bionic leg hitting the Sorceror in the chest and sending him Sprawling back several meters through the dense battle around them.

The Confessor kicks the Sorceror back in the thick of melee combat.

The last Psiphase was to no avail for the Sorceror who unbelieving stared onto the footprint on his chestarmour.

As soon as they had appeared, the forces of Chaos retreated back into the brush of wilderness while mankind's defenders reclaimed the ruined chapel. The day was theirs and they truly felt the Empereror's beligerent look upon their shoulders.

THE END...?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:37 am 
The Threadomancer

I enjoyed that. Any more reports in the pipeline?

My Blog